PDA

View Full Version : Email fun with a UT co-worker....

sooner518
10/13/2008, 10:28 AM
Gawd these people are insufferable. I understand that lots of UT fans are probably gracious winners who aren't complete toolbags. I'm just making this assumption becuase I can't say that I've personally met any of these people, but I have to believe they exist or I will get very sad.

So anyways, I have a co-worker who lives in Chicago and is from Dallas originally. After the game Saturday, she sent me an email with a big Whorn logo on it. I responded this morning:
"Gag. Twas a great game, except for the 4th quarter. :( Congrats.

I guess OU will have to comfort themselves with their 7 national championships, 41 conference titles and 4 Heisman Trophy winners. ;)"

Her classy reply:
"you guys that live in the past kill me, just like the Sox (NOTE: she is a Cubs fan. LOL) - whatever we still won FAIR & SQUARE!
oh and You also forgot Acadamy award winner for best BS (almost Blocked) punt injuryl What a *****~!!~)"

So I sent the following:
"Actually that Award went to little Colty twice for his impression of a quadriplegic on the sidelines twice while our guy tried to keep him from falling.

Anyhow, I bring up the past because if we had won, I would act like I had been there before..... because we have. "

Lord help me

PalmBeachSooner1
10/13/2008, 06:12 PM
Good stuff.

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 06:17 PM
lol I'm a texas fan but thats funny.

SoonerBacker
10/13/2008, 06:18 PM
I did run into one of those gracious UT fans in Dallas Sunday morning. He told me we had played a great game, wanted to talk about upcoming schedules for both teams, thought UT would probably lose at least one of their next three, while OU would win out.....

I was in shock. It is the first time I have EVER heard such gracious talk coming from the mouth of someone wearing burnt orange.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 06:27 PM
Man its just awesome how Texas Fans become members of SoonerFans.com after certain victories .

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 06:39 PM
I actually just joined to ask one question, but it wont let me create a thread. So, I'm trying to get enough posts.

tbl
10/13/2008, 06:55 PM
The farther Texas fans get from Austin, the better they seem to behave. I live in Atlanta and any time I run into a whorn we're always cordial to one another and typically have a good football conversation... then I punch him in the throat.

IronSooner
10/13/2008, 06:57 PM
Glad I don't live in OK or TX or work with any UT fans. I came to an office today full of fans of Tennessee, Memphis, Auburn, LSU, and Michigan. Nobody said anything. :D

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 06:58 PM
The farther Texas fans get from Austin, the better they seem to behave. I live in Atlanta and any time I run into a whorn we're always cordial to one another and typically have a good football conversation... then I punch him in the throat.

As it should be. :D

PalmBeachSooner1
10/13/2008, 07:03 PM
Man its just awesome how Texas Fans become members of SoonerFans.com after certain victories .

Exactly.

carl86sooner
10/13/2008, 07:27 PM
Personally, I have been at all of the last three losses and have only had one bad experience with a texas fan. I usually stay for at least 3 hours after the game and drink and walk around and have had many many cordial conversations with texas fans after the game. I usually even get a few free beers after we lose (not that it is worth it but i can't refuse free beer). This are just my personal experience although I have heard others who have not been as lucky. And TEXAS still sucks!!!!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/13/2008, 07:46 PM
My favorite email response.. and it always works.. is:

"F*** you. Stern email to follow." :D

bluedogok
10/13/2008, 10:06 PM
I have observed the opposite, the ones here tend to be better than the ones farther away. I had to put up with much more crap from them when I lived in Dallas than I have ever had to here.

The only ones that I have ever heard obnoxious, negative comments from are the 20-somethings who more than likely didn't have the grades (or GED/money) to get into a vo-tech program somewhere. It's pretty much the same ones that I get the Jap Crap comment amount when I am on my Triumph motorcycle (funny, it says Made in England on here), they have their Whorn sticker next to their Harley sticker and have no connection to either.