PDA

View Full Version : The season is over...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 10:13 AM
It's time we come to grips with our situation; it's over. We were obviously overrated and subsequently routed by a superior team with outstanding coaching, talent, and execution.

Sam Bradford, while we all love the kid, cannot put it all together and deliver when it really counts. Colt McCoy is bigger, stronger, faster, better looking, more poised, and has more game smarts than Bradford and should easily be the front runner for the Heisman.

Our defense failed miserably Saturday and looked as if they were a bunch of peewee leaguers running around looking to the sidelines for the coach to tell them who to tackle. This was no poorly officiated game. Our defense stinks. Maybe if OU had scheduled an OOC team that was half way decent, we would have been a little better prepared for the awesome storm of texas athletes that ran on the field at the Cotton Bowl.

OU's running game was abysmal. What happened to our awesome stable of running backs? Were they all sick or just intimidated?

The coaching staff should be ashamed at the level of play on the field Saturday and we have no one to blame but ourselves for sucking as bad as we did.

The AP and Harris polls should have tied an anchor to our feet when voting, but it seems that they might have taken a little pity on us and given us some voting "floaties" to put on our scrawny little arms so we didn't sink to the bottom of the single lossers.

In short, we suck... and the previous was all just sarcasm. We looked great against a great team. Too bad the game ended when it did. Thought we had 'em. ****ers.

Good game horns.

SOONERxWife73
10/13/2008, 10:19 AM
since 2000 OU 6 whorns 3.. that makes us the WINNER!!

NormanPride
10/13/2008, 10:22 AM
They played better that day, and we made mistakes. Gotta hand it to them!

A-M
10/13/2008, 10:28 AM
You have to admit that we did not play a good game at times. In fact, we did make a lot of mistakes that allowed them to keep their drive moving. Again we could not cover the kickoffs and we could not run. So, we do have a lot to improve on before we will be able to run the table that is left for us this season.

boomersooner2001
10/13/2008, 10:33 AM
Wow...you obviously didn't watch the game...

I don't remember ever seeing Sammy out there playing defense.

When your team's QB throws 72%, almost 400 yards, and 5 TDs there is no reason why you should lose. Sam did everything he was supposed to do. It was the lack of running game, defensive adjustments, and terrible special teams play that caused OU to lose the game.

And with that being said, the season is definitely not over. I whole heartedly believe Coach Stoops will get things fixed, and we will dominate the rest of the season. And when the Big 12 championship games gets here, we'll hear nothing but BOOMER SOONER being played loud and proud throughout Arrowhead stadium.

OKLA21FAN
10/13/2008, 10:37 AM
'late 90's Dallas Cowboy superbowl or bust' theory at work? :gary:

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry this isn't better quality...I'm working on that.

Anyway...it's not over for me....

dt0hpCo4dFM

sooner518
10/13/2008, 10:38 AM

When your team's QB throws 72%, almost 400 yards, and 5 TDs there is no reason why you should lose. Sam did everything he was supposed to do. It was the lack of running game, defensive adjustments, and terrible special teams play that caused OU to lose the game.

And with that being said, the season is definitely not over. I whole heartedly believe Coach Stoops will get things fixed, and we will dominate the rest of the season. And when the Big 12 championship games gets here, we'll hear nothing but BOOMER SOONER being played loud and proud throughout Arrowhead stadium.

Turn on your sarcasm-detector.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 10:41 AM
Jason,

Your final comments just blew all the orange people's growing delight right out their trailer window.

Nicely played. (I knew it was coming tho....:D )

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 10:42 AM
Turn on your sarcasm-detector.

Yep....

Take it easy boomersooner2001...

It's going to be OK....

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 10:44 AM
You have to admit that we did not play a good game at times. In fact, we did make a lot of mistakes that allowed them to keep their drive moving. Again we could not cover the kickoffs and we could not run. So, we do have a lot to improve on before we will be able to run the table that is left for us this season.

Dude. The kickoff returns... my god.

Ooof.

Ok, if there is one thing that I will say that we suck at this year, it's THAT. They need to scrap whatever they are doing or put in different personnel. I mean, WTF????????????????????

We are swiss cheese. The D needs work and the Oline isn't getting it done run blocking, but the kickoff returns are the WORST!!! I am not gonna get all pissed about the game, but that is inexscusable when it keeps happenning. Can we call our senator or something?

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:45 AM
thanks for the vid 'troup' ... in spite of the quality, i got a few hairs standing on the back of my neck from that one! i love the flag

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 10:45 AM

The only reason that Sam Bradford doesn't play defense is because he sucks.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 10:47 AM
Jason,

Your final comments just blew all the orange people's growing delight right out their trailer window.

Nicely played. (I knew it was coming tho....:D )

Bah. No you didn't. I'll bet they quote me on their forums. Heh. Stupids.

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:54 AM
kickoff coverage teams need crazed assassins who see the other team's blocking wall as an opportunity to show off their wrecking ball mentality; they should have little if any regard for themselves AND be hell bent on destroying the runback; nuff said

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 11:12 AM
kickoff coverage teams need crazed assassins who see the other team's blocking wall as an opportunity to show off their wrecking ball mentality; they should have little if any regard for themselves AND be hell bent on destroying the runback; nuff said

Remember Bill Bates? Not a great player, but hell on kickoffs.

boomersooner2001
10/13/2008, 11:15 AM
Yep....

Take it easy boomersooner2001...

It's going to be OK....

My bad...
I've heard and read so much crapola the past couple of days it's all beginning to work on me.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 11:20 AM
The only reason that Sam Bradford doesn't play defense is because he sucks.

And he can't punt worth a lick, worthless bastage.

I saw that one too...yes I did!

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 11:33 AM
And he can't punt worth a lick, worthless bastage.

I saw that one too...yes I did!

KO coverage? Like he wasn't even there. Pfft.

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 11:36 AM
bates was amazing; yes, if we had a few of those type of guys flying around, they'd be enough to show teammates the way;

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 11:41 AM
bates was amazing; yes, if we had a few of those type of guys flying around, they'd be enough to show teammates the way;

Definitely a master...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 11:53 AM
Definitely a master...

It's funny. I have a love/hate for the guy. I never thought he was very good, BUT he was insane. He had no regard for his body what-so-ever. EVERY SINGLE kick off he was either ON the play or right there. He always gave 100% effort. I have the utmost respect for his effort even though I never appreciated his ability. No one played harder. He willed himself to make a difference.

Bradford would never make that kind of sacrifice. *****.

SoonerTroll
10/13/2008, 11:58 AM
It's funny. I have a love/hate for the guy. I never thought he was very good, BUT he was insane. He had no regard for his body what-so-ever. EVERY SINGLE kick off he was either ON the play or right there. He always gave 100% effort. I have the utmost respect for his effort even though I never appreciated his ability. No one played harder. He willed himself to make a difference.

Bradford would never make that kind of sacrifice. *****.

Wow your weak kid! I am sure the team would be fine with you thinking it's over and moving on, we don't need fans like you! You can just move on and look forward to voting Obama :eek:

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 11:59 AM
Master Bradford doesn't sound as good...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:02 PM
Wow your weak kid! I am sure the team would be fine with you thinking it's over and moving on, we don't need fans like you! You can just move on and look forward to voting Obama :eek:

Who is we? Who are you? Obama is going to win this state regardless of who I vote for (that sucks.) BTW, your name is perfect... Heh.

picasso
10/13/2008, 12:33 PM
we can't give up 45 points. to anyone.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:41 PM
we can't give up 45 points. to anyone.

Well, yeah.

SoonerTroll
10/13/2008, 12:48 PM
Who is we? Who are you? Obama is going to win this state regardless of who I vote for (that sucks.) BTW, your name is perfect... Heh.

Wow your dumber than i thought.....

A Sooner in Texas
10/13/2008, 12:55 PM

Stupid is as stupid does. :rolleyes:

SoonersEnFuego
10/13/2008, 01:04 PM
1.) Obama will not win Oklahoma.

Now, to stuff that matters here:

Block in the back on the KO Return, right before Shipley makes his cut to the outside (See #27). That made a difference in the game. But, if you look at all KO returns for a TD, you could probably find one on each.

INT in the endzone: yeah, i wish they would've looked at it some more, but The ground cannot cause a fumble, but it can cause an incompletion.
Yeah it sucks but I wish, if it could go both ways, they would've looked at it again.

Personal Fouls: Completely retarded, hold on to your flags officials.

We made mistakes, they made almost none, they deserved to win even if we are the better team. They were better that day.

Boomer....

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 01:16 PM
1.) Obama will not win Oklahoma.

Now, to stuff that matters here:

Block in the back on the KO Return, right before Shipley makes his cut to the outside (See #27). That made a difference in the game. But, if you look at all KO returns for a TD, you could probably find one on each.

INT in the endzone: yeah, i wish they would've looked at it some more, but The ground cannot cause a fumble, but it can cause an incompletion.
Yeah it sucks but I wish, if it could go both ways, they would've looked at it again.

Personal Fouls: Completely retarded, hold on to your flags officials.

We made mistakes, they made almost none, they deserved to win even if we are the better team. They were better that day.

Boomer....

I live in Illinois. My vote is insignificant here.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 01:18 PM

Well, that's really all relative, I suppose. I mean, you didn't give me a starting point. You might agree or disagree with me, but you don't know me and you don't know how smart I am. I don't know how smart you are either, but I am getting a pretty good idea...

OUinFLA
10/13/2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.tournamentcable.com/img/uploads/Circle-Rigs300.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.tournamentcable.com/img/uploads/Circle-Rigs300.jpg

and
http://img.tacklewarehouse.com/ProductImages/RSTD.JPG

People skim too much.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 02:34 PM
**** MY LIFE

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.rodnreel.com/images/slidingcork.jpg

TUSooner
10/13/2008, 03:08 PM
It's time we come to grips with our situation; it's over. We were obviously overrated and subsequently routed by a superior team with outstanding coaching, talent, and execution.

Sam Bradford, while we all love the kid, cannot put it all together and deliver when it really counts. Colt McCoy is bigger, stronger, faster, better looking, more poised, and has more game smarts than Bradford and should easily be the front runner for the Heisman.

Our defense failed miserably Saturday and looked as if they were a bunch of peewee leaguers running around looking to the sidelines for the coach to tell them who to tackle. This was no poorly officiated game. Our defense stinks. Maybe if OU had scheduled an OOC team that was half way decent, we would have been a little better prepared for the awesome storm of texas athletes that ran on the field at the Cotton Bowl.

OU's running game was abysmal. What happened to our awesome stable of running backs? Were they all sick or just intimidated?

The coaching staff should be ashamed at the level of play on the field Saturday and we have no one to blame but ourselves for sucking as bad as we did.

The AP and Harris polls should have tied an anchor to our feet when voting, but it seems that they might have taken a little pity on us and given us some voting "floaties" to put on our scrawny little arms so we didn't sink to the bottom of the single lossers....

I'm going to keep that part in my medicine cabinet, in case I ever need to induce vomiting.
:D

boomermagic
10/13/2008, 05:41 PM

The AP and Harris polls should have tied an anchor to our feet when voting, but it seems that they might have taken a little pity on us and given us some voting "floaties" to put on our scrawny little arms so we didn't sink to the bottom of the single lossers.

In short, we suck... and the previous was all just sarcasm. We looked great against a great team. Too bad the game ended when it did. Thought we had 'em. ****ers.

Good game horns.

Don't even TRY to blame Sam for this loss... Man, Get real... Sam played great we scored 35 points that should have been plenty.. You need to place the blame where it belongs Defense and coaching for starters...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2008, 05:44 PM
oh lord

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 05:44 PM
Don't even TRY to blame Sam for this loss... Man, Get real... Sam played great we scored 35 points that should have been plenty.. You need to place the blame where it belongs Defense and coaching for starters...

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/psfishing/icn-snelled-carp-fishing-hooks.jpg

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 05:55 PM
I don't know what the deal with all the hooks and sinkers is but joke or no joke this thread is stupid.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 05:55 PM
Oklahoma vs Kansas opening line

Oklahoma -19 fyi

texas vs missouri

texas -7

PalmBeachSooner1
10/13/2008, 06:00 PM

dt0hpCo4dFM

Definitely not over. We are #4. We could play Texas for the Natl Championship.

hgarmorer
10/13/2008, 06:52 PM
I swear some people can't read...

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 06:54 PM
lol

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know what the deal with all the hooks and sinkers is but joke or no joke this thread is stupid.

You are.

Burn.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 07:35 PM

You get real. Where was Sam in the fourth qtr when the horns were eating us alive, huh?

Check

and

mate.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 07:45 PM
Sam was failing in his quest to become the new MLB. Miserably. What a doosh.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 07:52 PM
Sam was failing in his quest to become the new MLB. Miserably. What a doosh.

Hmm. I'm gettin' a few negs on this thread. I guess they get all fired up and post before reading out.

I AM TOO PISSED TO WAIT!!! I GOTTA NEG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM FLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainiersooner
10/13/2008, 07:53 PM
Can we all please just get along?

OUinFLA
10/13/2008, 07:54 PM
I'd neg you, but I still remember when you gave me a kidney once.
Even though I rejected it, it was a touching thought.

So, consider us even.
Hope you found a replacement kidney

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm. I'm gettin' a few negs on this thread. I guess they get all fired up and post before reading out.

I AM TOO PISSED TO WAIT!!! I GOTTA NEG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM FLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People need this board to get their shilt out after what was an incredible torture Saturday. Frankly, my dog is tired of me yelling at her about playcalling and execution...

You are getting some serious jerked knee there, but I got to para two and started laughing. The funniest thing about your post is, you had to believe some of it to write it so well, and we all are pissed, so your vent was a cool way of gettin some therapy.

Me? I got a dog that loves me.

Dr. Lott

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 09:06 PM
People need this board to get their shilt out after what was an incredible torture Saturday. Frankly, my dog is tired of me yelling at her about playcalling and execution...

You are getting some serious jerked knee there, but I got to para two and started laughing. The funniest thing about your post is, you had to believe some of it to write it so well, and we all are pissed, so your vent was a cool way of gettin some therapy.

Me? I got a dog that loves me.

Dr. Lott

Yeah, I do believe some of it, like Colt being really hansom. Man, I wish I was that hansom.

tommieharris91
10/13/2008, 11:59 PM

http://www.jagol.com/images/sell/k/Q/P/q/hNm2WNncbeDes1qN.jpg

fossil
10/14/2008, 07:48 AM

Good game horns.

:mad: BULL****!!!

Big Red Ron
10/14/2008, 10:26 AM
I AM LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fixed

Lott's Bandana
10/14/2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I do believe some of it, like Colt being really hansom. Man, I wish I was that hansom.

I like:

"...awesome storm of texas athletes."

and:

"...voting floaties."

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2008, 08:07 PM
fixed

Am not.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2008, 08:08 PM
:mad: BULL****!!!

Et tu, fossil?

Lott's Bandana
10/15/2008, 07:58 AM

dt0hpCo4dFM

ST, so I just realized...it was YOUR big 'ole head blocking the scoreboard?!

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 08:51 AM
ST, so I just realized...it was YOUR big 'ole head blocking the scoreboard?!

Yep.

There was some whorn and his Wife (who looked pissed off most of the game) up there too.

You can't fix stupid.