PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have a Wii

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2008, 09:00 AM
what games do I need to purchase download?

I purchased Galaga and Super Mario Bros. 3 last night..Thats right..I spent 300 dollars to play 20 plus year old video games

OKLA21FAN
10/13/2008, 09:04 AM
now that I am back from vacation, i need to set my Wii up

(thanks Badger!!!) :pop:

frankensooner
10/13/2008, 09:12 AM
If you like killing zombies, might I suggest Umbrella Chronicles, House of the Dead 2&3 and Resident Evil 4.

sooneron
10/13/2008, 09:15 AM
Animal Crossing will be out soon.

I'm doing some promos for it this month.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2008, 09:20 AM
Resident Evil sounds good...What is this Animal Crossing?

soonerhubs
10/13/2008, 09:29 AM
The Dr. Mario you can buy from your Wii online store is so much fun. I highly recommend it.

frankensooner
10/13/2008, 09:35 AM
Adventure Island from the store rocks as well.

badger
10/13/2008, 09:43 AM
Hmmm...

If you're a music fan, Guitar Hero 3 is a good outing for the Wii.
If you have four people over, Smash Bros. was fun.
If you're more into the shootin' scene, your best bets are Resident Evil 4 (they revised the PS2/Gamecube version so that your Wiimote is a gun and you aim it at the screen and do other motions to mimick escaping the weird dudes), House of the Dead and RE: Umbrella Chronicles. HotD and RE:UC are pretty much like arcade games, in that you do nothing but shoot at the screen. It's as fun as it sounds and it will take you hours. It's even better with a friend.

We downloaded Contra 3 for the SNES and had fun with it too. Not really too keen on the other download games because you can emulate them on a compy. It's kind of fun trying to create Miis that resemble something else.

sooneron
10/13/2008, 10:16 AM
Resident Evil sounds good...What is this Animal Crossing?

Some game like the sims but more addictive, other than that, I have no idea until the meeting tomorrow.

Sooner_Havok
10/13/2008, 05:22 PM
As far as downloading stuff:
Internet Channel
Kirby

Buying games:
Boom Blox

Boom Blox is da shiznite!

SoonerStormchaser
10/13/2008, 05:38 PM
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

def_lazer_fc
10/13/2008, 08:38 PM
Twilight Princess is the ****. good for wasting about 50 hours on it easily.

whom ever said to download contra 3 is right on. get a classic controller for it though. i also downloaded castlevania 1, contra, and the OG legend of zelda. thats right. i spent 300 bucks to play 20 year old games too. :)

p.s. dont download splatterhouse. its just a sucky as you remember it.

Ike
10/13/2008, 08:50 PM
Tiger Woods 09. I've found that very entertaining.

soonerbrat
10/14/2008, 04:30 PM
Mario Kart

Taxman71
10/14/2008, 05:19 PM
The Wii Fit is actually pretty cool....if you choose the female trainer and the "view from behind" option.

I downloaded Tecmo Bowl which is still fun with another player. However, I am praying they come out with Super Tecmo Bowl, can't imagine they won't.

frankensooner
10/15/2008, 08:56 AM
Your thread reminded me that I haven't been playing much, so last night when everyone was in bed, I broke out Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for wii and played for about an hour and a half. Started from the beginning again as I had forgotten all the spells. It was pretty fun.

soonerx
10/15/2008, 09:31 AM
As already suggested, RE4 is a must!

Single player: Super Mario Galaxy

Multi-player: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. It's actually only one player at a time, but you just pass the remote around. It's great for sitting and laughing at the person playing

Wii Shop Channel: Defend Your Castle. Every Wii owner should get this game! It's an older computer classic that has been updated for the Wii. You can get it for 5 bucks, and it has multiplayer. So addicting!

Mixer!
10/15/2008, 07:27 PM
Wow, so many great choices, and a few have been mentioned already, so I'll add with yet to be mentioned titles:

Blades of Steel: the definitive hockey game until NHL '96

Bases Loaded & Nintendo's arcade baseball game

ArtStyle: Orbient - an original WiiWare game where you start ad a small star and try to grow over the course of 50 levels.

Wii Music: out next week, going to be huge. You get to be more than just a guitar hero; more like a symphony hero.

MegaMan 9: If you love old school 8-bit games, then this is a must. As great as you remember it.

Pokèmon Puzzle League: a great puzzle game if you can tolerate the associated nonsense.

Wii Love Golf! - from the developers who brought you Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the GC.

def_lazer_fc
10/15/2008, 07:37 PM
how's the putting on woods 09? does it translate well to a wii controller? my cherished copy of tiger woods 04 has finally crapped out on me, and i hate the newer ones without caddy tips.

def_lazer_fc
10/15/2008, 07:39 PM
Wow, so many great choices, and a few have been mentioned already, so I'll add with yet to be mentioned titles:

Blades of Steel: the definitive hockey game until NHL '96

does it still have the konami games that you can play between periods?

Ike
10/15/2008, 07:46 PM
how's the putting on woods 09? does it translate well to a wii controller? my cherished copy of tiger woods 04 has finally crapped out on me, and i hate the newer ones without caddy tips.

It translates well enough that it's not impossible....It's not as "true" to the motion of the other clubs, but they did it in perhaps the only way that would make sense for a video game...

SoonerStud615
10/16/2008, 12:02 AM
Mario Kart

+1

Best game I've purchased for the Wii

soonerbrat
11/8/2008, 07:53 PM
ok, the boyfriend and I purchased a wii & wii fit last week...we've had SO much fun with them...

I highly recommend "We Ski" to use either with or without the balance board. We also got Tiger Woods '09, Madden and the NCAA game, some star wars thing. LOVE the Wii fit.

Target had Wii games on sale - buy 2 get one free.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2008, 01:05 AM
Listen to Badger. She is old and wise.

Look up NES emulators on your brand of innerweb search-a-majiggy. SNES, Sega, Nintendo 64, hell even some coin-op arcade ones are out there. It's all legal if you own the cartridge as it falls under the right to have a backup copy of software for personal use. And sure, you own the cartridge. Hint hint. The games are called ROMs, as they're actual soft copies of the hardcoded ROM found on the cartridge themselves.

And it's FREE. Runs right on your computer via a front-end like JNES, FCEUltra, NESticle, et cetera.

Super Tecmo Bowl is frickin' gold. There's a few editors out there where you can adjust player names, stats, create a player, et cetera. And at one time (and I'm sure they still do), fellas would release updated rosters with appropriate stats for each NFL season. Hell, I even played a SNES Tecmo Bowl ROM with an NCAA mod. Kinda crappy looking, and only like 8 teams, but who DOESN'T want to kick the ever-loving shiite out of Texas in every shape and form possible?

Save your money, Wii owners! Emulate!

frankensooner
11/10/2008, 10:37 AM
I got the Geometry Wars: Galaxies at ToysRus last week for 10 bucks. It is pretty hard, but it is fun. You apparently can go head to head online. You can also download it from the wii to your ds.

Pretty good, I'll give it 7 out of 10. I am finally going to get House of the Dead 2&3. That is all I asked for from Santa.

Hot Rod
11/10/2008, 12:18 PM
We're getting the kids at Wii for Christmas. I'm writing a list of the games on here that I think they will enjoy.

Has anyone tried the new Clone Wars Lightsaber Duel? They are big Star Wars fans and I want to get them a game they'll love.

Pricetag
11/10/2008, 02:15 PM
I downloaded Tecmo Bowl which is still fun with another player. However, I am praying they come out with Super Tecmo Bowl, can't imagine they won't.
Unfortunately, Tecmo Super Bowl can't be done on the Virtual Console because, unlike the original Tecmo Bowl, it's loaded with NFL graphics. They would have to do extensive modification to the original ROM to release it, whereas all they had to do with Tecmo Bowl was blank out the player names.

However, Tecmo Bowl (specifically, the Tecmo Super Bowl-style game), lives on. Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff is set for release on 11/18 for the Nintendo DS. There is no NFL license, since EA Sports has that thing on lock down like forever, but users are allowed to fully customize their teams and players, so it ought to be fun. In addition, there is supposed to be a Wii game forthcoming at some point.

soonerbrat
11/10/2008, 02:51 PM
We're getting the kids at Wii for Christmas. I'm writing a list of the games on here that I think they will enjoy.

Has anyone tried the new Clone Wars Lightsaber Duel? They are big Star Wars fans and I want to get them a game they'll love.

nope.

have you found a wii yet?
you really should get a wii fit too if you can find one...they'll love it!

Hot Rod
11/10/2008, 03:12 PM
nope.

have you found a wii yet?
you really should get a wii fit too if you can find one...they'll love it!

Are they hard to find? I just saw a posting that they were in stock online at a store and didn't know if I should capitalize on that.

soonerbrat
11/10/2008, 03:13 PM
Are they hard to find? I just saw a posting that they were in stock online at a store and didn't know if I should capitalize on that.

yes....go now
they won't hold them and they go really fast. just happened to go into target one day when they had a few and they were all gone within about an hour.

Hot Rod
11/10/2008, 03:29 PM
yes....go now
they won't hold them and they go really fast. just happened to go into target one day when they had a few and they were all gone within about an hour.

Actually found them in stock at a store on the way home...not many though, so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope they have them when I arrive.

Taxman71
11/10/2008, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately, Tecmo Super Bowl can't be done on the Virtual Console because, unlike the original Tecmo Bowl, it's loaded with NFL graphics. They would have to do extensive modification to the original ROM to release it, whereas all they had to do with Tecmo Bowl was blank out the player names.

That really, really $ucks, especially since I still have my NES cartridge, but would like to play it on the Wii.

IB4OU2
11/10/2008, 03:39 PM
yes....go now

We bought a Wii console at Target in Tulsa yesterday. There were only 3 left.

soonerbrat
11/10/2008, 03:51 PM
Actually found them in stock at a store on the way home...not many though, so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope they have them when I arrive.

they had a lot of DS's at Sam's :O

Hot Rod
11/10/2008, 04:05 PM
they had a lot of DS's at Sam's :O

Cool. I need some of dim too.

Any special bundle packages that you saw?

soonerbrat
11/10/2008, 04:22 PM
nope, we didn't look at those

stoops the eternal pimp
11/10/2008, 04:25 PM
So far, the only games I have for the WII are Metroid, Excite Bike, and Super Mario Bros 3..

Mixer!
11/10/2008, 08:56 PM
:les: TECMO BOWL!!

Hot Rod
11/11/2008, 09:23 AM
Grabbed one at the Circuit City on 240. There were 10 in stock, plus one of the sales guys handed me a coupon for $15 off, which made it practically tax free. Thanks for the heads up on my Christmas shopping, Brat.

soonerbrat
11/11/2008, 09:31 AM
Grabbed one at the Circuit City on 240. There were 10 in stock, plus one of the sales guys handed me a coupon for $15 off, which made it practically tax free. Thanks for the heads up on my Christmas shopping, Brat.

you're welcome :)

soonerbrat
11/14/2008, 09:29 PM
just fyi

Newbomb Turk
11/14/2008, 09:34 PM
Buy For Less on NW Expressway had about 10 cases of Budweiser.

soonerboomer93
11/14/2008, 10:22 PM
apparently the wii shortage is over, atleast in metropolitan areas

soonerbrat
11/15/2008, 07:34 AM
ah, ok, I wondered why they had so many. I knew a few people were looking for them, just wanted to give them a heads up

saucysoonergal
11/15/2008, 02:47 PM
I'm posting on my wii. yipee!

Crimson_Balls
11/15/2008, 03:23 PM
I play with my Wii at least twice a day. :D

Stitch Face
11/15/2008, 03:58 PM
I'm a big nerd who knows all about videogames, and the only thing I ever play on the Wii is Mario 64. I have an old friend who writes for various video game pubs and we always refer to the Wii as "the system everyone wants to own but no one wants to play." After the initial fun of Wii Sports, that is.