PDA

View Full Version : The good thing about being a OU fan in Georgia

ratedrsuperstar
10/12/2008, 09:43 PM
is that all they have said here is the Big 12 plays no defense, all I have to say is you guys were right about our d and the harassment will be over !

:D If you don't argue with them it isn't any fun for them and they aren't smart enough to lure you in:D

swardboy
10/12/2008, 10:15 PM
You're an OU fan?
:confused:

SoonerEmpire
10/12/2008, 10:18 PM
is that all they have said here is the Big 12 plays no defense, all I have to say is you guys were right about our d and the harassment will be over !

:D If you don't argue with them it isn't any fun for them and they aren't smart enough to lure you in:D

The good thing about you being an OU fan in Georgia is that you're in Georgia and not in Oklahoma. You just make sure to stay put!

birddog
10/12/2008, 10:18 PM
no,no. you misunderstood. he's a OU fan.

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 10:19 PM
The good thing about you being an OU fan in Georgia is that you're in Georgia and not in Oklahoma. You just make sure to stay put!

SoonerEmpire
10/12/2008, 10:21 PM

Read just about any of his other posts or responses. You'll understand. He berates OU just about any and every chance he gets. We could have won that game yesterday 90-0, and he would have STILL found a reason to complain that we suck. Some fan, eh?

ratedrsuperstar
10/12/2008, 10:32 PM
Don't hate me for telling the truth.

I call it like I see it and I don't wear rose colored glasses !!!

SoonerEmpire
10/12/2008, 10:35 PM
I don't mind truth... even if it hurts. I don't mind constructive criticism. But there is no truth in YOUR "truth", and there is nothing "constructive" about your constant criticism.

ratedrsuperstar
10/12/2008, 10:52 PM
Give me one good reason Stoops should still be called "Big Game Bob"

He has lost 3 of 4 to Texas and embarrassed in the last 2 Fiesta Bowls, was that not the truth ? Don't mention Missouri, we had already beaten them and they have less defense than OU does.

sooner59
10/12/2008, 11:24 PM
As of lately.....well he shouldn't be called that. There you go. Congratulations. You won a negative argument about OU. But I will take the offenses of OU, Texas, OSU, Mizzou, Texas Tech, and possibly Kansas (yeah they lost to South Florida, but SFU does have a decent defense) over most of the top 15 teams. And in the RRSO I would not even look at it. Its a "rivalry" game. Things happen. Yeah, we didn't play defense well after we got up 21-10, but anything can happen in that game. OU and Texas have pretty good defenses. The others in the Big 12....not so much. Judge OU and Texas on every other game they play, then the bowl games (this year), and then we will know about their teams.

SoonerEmpire
10/12/2008, 11:31 PM

First of all, I never said he SHOULD have been called "Big Game Bob." Anytime you label someone like that, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I don't care who they are! It's not as if he self-proclaimed himself as such either. If that were the case, I'd probably agree with you on this point, but he didn't, so your point is irrelevant. BTW, it wasn't OU fans that labeled him as such either. It was the national media that first slapped that label on him.

He has lost 3 of 4 to Texas

But he has also WON 6 of 9 versus Texas as well. You see, that's just a small part of your problem. When you start handpicking and choosing a set period of time to support your argument, you are giving credence to "History." And if you give credence to history, you have to give credence to ALL of the subjects history in which you're criticizing. Take politicians for example. The guy on the Left can spout off all kinds of "facts" regarding a particular issue. The guy on the Right can spout off all kinds of "facts" regarding the SAME particular issue, and what he says seems to contradict what the guy on the Left said. However, it is quite possible (and often so) that NEITHER of them are telling the "Truth" despite their "facts," even though their "facts" are indeed "facts." Why? Because they skew the facts. That, sir, is basically all you ever do here.

embarrassed in the last 2 Fiesta Bowls

Yes, those Fiesta defeats were/are embarrassing. However, would you prefer that rather than going undefeated in the regular season, winning the Big XII championship and playing in a BCS bowl game, that we lose 2, 3, or 4 games in the regular season and go to the Weedeater Bowl and beat up on the Akron's of the world?!

Yes, those Fiesta defeats were indeed embarrassing, but I'll take undefeated regular seasons, winning the Big XII champ game, and playing in a BCS bowl every time... even if that means we lose, because the Akron's of the world could only DREAM of having such high levels of success!

Don't mention Missouri

Why not? Were they not a formidable opponent? Were they not nationally ranked when we played them (and one of those times ranked the #1 team in the country)?

they have less defense than OU does.

No the didn't. *begin sarcasm* They had 11 defenders just like we did. If they had less than 11 defenders on the field, it would have been an unfair contest. *end sarcasm*

Actually, doesn't EVERYONE that loses to ANY team have a lesser quality defense than the quality of the opposing offense? OF COURSE THEY DO! After all, if their defense is better than the opposing offense, the team with the lesser offense MOST OF THE TIME loses. Not always, but most of the time. You can't compare Team A's defense to Team B's defense, because the defenses don't play each other, genius!

But to answer your question, granting the proper and appropriate respect to "History" - IN CONTEXT - Stoops is 29-12 against Top 25 teams. That's a 71% winning percentage.

Now go back to the sandlot, child!

P.S. - Aren't you the same guy who championed the implementation of the horsecollar tackle who just happened to change names recently? I COULD be wrong, but aren't you THAT guy?! :rolleyes:

PLaw
10/13/2008, 07:33 AM

Maybe the news hasn't made it to GA, but that monicker got shelved after TGWWDNSO.

BOOMER

BudSooner
10/13/2008, 08:11 AM
Don't hate me for telling the truth.

I call it like I see it and I don't wear rose colored glasses !!!
http://localrhythms.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/turd_in_punchbowl.jpg

tbl
10/13/2008, 08:21 AM
As a real Sooner fan in Georgia, I say this guy is a Hook 'em, :texan:, :stunned:, or :chicken:.