PDA

View Full Version : **Misery Radio Broadcast Would've Sent aggy Into Convulsions**

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2008, 07:34 PM
Driving back last nite, I couldn't even find the aggy broadcast of the game on the radio, even in Oklahoma.

I did find the Misery network though and listened to a very professional and unbiased commentary giving the other team credit and actually doing some credible analysis, with low voice and some humor.

With about 4 minutes left, the announcers went into a 3 1/2 minute dissertation about how OU perfected the formula on how to beat Chase and friends and how aggy copied OU's proven defensive scheming perfectly. It was interesting, dead-accurate, level-headed and would have had the OP Nation absolutely throwing a coniption-fit (whatever that is).

I did finally find that idiotic high school broadcast with their "pistols firing" moron not even able to complete a sentence. He literally could not talk for the last 3 plays of the game. He kept starting a sentence and then saying, "let's listen...wait, let's listen." Then silence. I actually started laughing. At 00:00 he IMMEDIATELY switched to ESPN's feed of the sideline reporter interviewing hairgel.

At least BBS has lot's of history with us.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2008, 07:36 PM
missouri radio team is very good..I listen to them during the OU game last year. better than any other crew I have heard out there

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2008, 07:40 PM
missouri radio team is very good..I listen to them during the OU game last year. better than any other crew I have heard out there

Good find, STEP.

They must also have some significant wattage as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah..I was at the lake house on Eufaula Lake and picked them up better than the OU broadcast...Curtis Lofton made a tackle and they went all into his background and pretty much dissected his skill...I was very impressed

NYC Poke
10/12/2008, 07:51 PM
With about 4 minutes left, the announcers went into a 3 1/2 minute dissertation about how OU perfected the formula on how to beat Chase and friends and how aggy copied OU's proven defensive scheming perfectly. It was interesting, dead-accurate, level-headed and would have had the OP Nation absolutely throwing a coniption-fit (whatever that is).

I actually had this conversation with one of my kind, and with an OU grad who was at our watch party (he was half of a mixed couple ;) ). I agree with this 100%. Kudos to Beckman for copying you guys.

Missouri is known nationally for its journalism program. It doesn't surprise me to learn they have a good radio team.

BTW, the Sooner was a great guy. Just finished 7 years in the military, with a lot of that time spent a lot that time in Afghanistan, with a little "vacation" time in New Orleans after Katrina. He cheered for us during the game (as I would for OU), and after the game I probably spent more time talking to him than anybody else. Really cool guy.

tommieharris91
10/12/2008, 07:54 PM
I actually had this conversation with one of my kind, and with an OU grad who was at our watch party (he was half of a mixed couple ;) ). I agree with this 100%. Kudos to Beckman for copying you guys.

Missouri is known nationally for its journalism program. It doesn't surprise me to learn they have a good radio team.

BTW, the Sooner was a great guy. Just finished 7 years in the military, with a lot of that time spent a lot that time in Afghanistan, with a little "vacation" time in New Orleans after Katrina. He cheered for us during the game (as I would for OU), and after the game I probably spent more time talking to him than anybody else. Really cool guy.

He must have been our only fan without a mullet.

Phil
10/12/2008, 08:39 PM
Castiglione should do whatever he can to hire Chuck Kelly away from Missouri when BBSr. retires. That guy is great. The guy from USC is really good, too.

sooneron
10/12/2008, 08:42 PM

OSu has watch parties? In NYC??? :mack:

RacerX
10/12/2008, 09:39 PM
Why does Hunzacker say "Goodnight vienna?"

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 09:42 PM
Why does Hunzacker say "Goodnight vienna?"

Maybe he's ready for some sausages????