PDA

View Full Version : Why Its Great To Be A Sooner Fan

htownsooner7
10/12/2008, 07:00 PM
Because all season you can look forward to traveling to Dallas for that big game. Because when that game comes your Sooners are the center of the athletics universe. Because you go to that game and watch your #1 ranked Sooners start off well by marching for 80 yards for a td. Because you can watch the rest of that game and suffer through losing to your bitter rival. Because you can spend the rest of the day thinking about how your squad could have come out with a win. Because you can agonize while you sit in the Cotton Bowl and watch that ugly side of the stadium gloat (because you support your team win or lose). And because you can wake up the next day and realize that your Sooners will be the Saturday afternoon primetime game the next week and play against a top 15 team again. And because you realize that a national championship is still attainable if your team takes care of business. And so we beat on boats against the current, because every year your Sooners offer you the experience that few other schools claim. Every year, you are right in the middle of the quest for the championship.

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 07:03 PM
It's a Great Game in a ****hole Stadium.

I'll be amazed if it's still played there 10 years from now.

sooner59
10/12/2008, 07:23 PM
You shouldn't be. Tradition and Dallas City $$$ keeps it there as long as they keep meeting the demands of our ADs.

josh09
10/12/2008, 09:21 PM
Because all season you can look forward to traveling to Dallas for that big game. Because when that game comes your Sooners are the center of the athletics universe. Because you go to that game and watch your #1 ranked Sooners start off well by marching for 80 yards for a td. Because you can watch the rest of that game and suffer through losing to your bitter rival. Because you can spend the rest of the day thinking about how your squad could have come out with a win. Because you can agonize while you sit in the Cotton Bowl and watch that ugly side of the stadium gloat (because you support your team win or lose). And because you can wake up the next day and realize that your Sooners will be the Saturday afternoon primetime game the next week and play against a top 15 team again. And because you realize that a national championship is still attainable if your team takes care of business. And so we beat on boats against the current, because every year your Sooners offer you the experience that few other schools claim. Every year, you are right in the middle of the quest for the championship.

HECK ya! brilliant.

StormySooner-IN
10/12/2008, 09:26 PM
great post!

MyT Oklahoma
10/12/2008, 09:28 PM
Because that was God's plan for me during the "Run of '71". That's why.

htownsooner7
10/13/2008, 09:47 AM
It's a Great Game in a ****hole Stadium.

I'll be amazed if it's still played there 10 years from now.

The stadium is suspect but the atmosphere is irreplaceable. I just don't think it would be the same at Jerry Jones land.

HoustonSooner23
10/13/2008, 09:51 AM
Excellent post. We certainly haven't been doing things in a "traditional" manner since 2000.

A-M
10/13/2008, 10:00 AM
Because that was God's plan for me during the "Run of '71". That's why.

You got it right!