PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite topic on that other forum?

Penguin
10/12/2008, 05:53 PM
Let's see. There's the tantrum-filled "The refs screwed us yet again!!!!!" topics. Then, there's the delusional "That's ok, we'll beat 'em when we meet them again in the BCS Championship game" threads. And, of course, we always have the "I watch football on TV and I know better than Bob Stoops!!! Fire [insert name here]!!!!" crowd.

Did I miss anything?

bri
10/12/2008, 05:54 PM
You can't honestly tell me that all that crap is better than me just banning everyone pre-emptively. :D

Rogue
10/12/2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, you musta missed the "OMGwherewillweberankednow?" threads.
And the "here's how I'd rank some teams" threads.
Lots of 'em.

bri
10/12/2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, the only thing more annoying than their obsession over where everyone else is ranked when we were #1 and it didn't matter is their obsession over where everyone else is ranked now that we've lost and it doesn't matter.

"Okay, if Texas loses to Mizzou and then beats Okie State and then someone beats Bama and then they beat Florida and then USC blows up or something and the entire BYU team goes on a mission in December and then Baylor beats Texas Tech and then Tech beats Texas and everyone with a vote overlooks the fact that we gave up 45 points in our "biggest game of the year"......WE'RE IN!!!"

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2008, 06:02 PM
lots of number crunching going on too!

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 06:03 PM
I try to wade in over there from time to time. I think I will keep my happy *** here in the SO where I am so deeply loved for a while :D

Rogue
10/12/2008, 06:06 PM
The ever popular posts about play calling.
Can't tell you how quickly I tire of this.

80% of the time it's not about which play is called, but about how that play is executed.

And the thread about the cheesy cousin or coworker who's a fan other another team and how they'll continue to make lame jokes that the poster will continue to repeat here. :rolleyes:

Penguin
10/12/2008, 06:06 PM
Dude! Could imagine if we had a 4 game playoff? If those 4 teams were Baylor, Notre Dame, BYU, and Al Qaeda U., who would God root for?

Rogue
10/12/2008, 06:07 PM
I try to wade in over there from time to time. I think I will keep my happy *** here in the SO where I am so deeply loved for a while :D

That must be that OTHER SO! :confused:

KC//CRIMSON
10/12/2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah, the only thing more annoying than their obsession over where everyone else is ranked when we were #1 and it didn't matter is their obsession over where everyone else is ranked now that we've lost and it doesn't matter.

"Okay, if Texas loses to Mizzou and then beats Okie State and then someone beats Bama and then they beat Florida and then USC blows up or something and the entire BYU team goes on a mission in December and then Baylor beats Texas Tech and then Tech beats Texas and everyone with a vote overlooks the fact that we gave up 45 points in our "biggest game of the year"......WE'RE IN!!!"

It's like college football number crunching with Lloyd Christmas over there.

So your saying there's a chance!?!

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 06:08 PM
That must be that OTHER SO! :confused:

:mad:

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 06:10 PM
I do enjoy the "I'm going to bitch about the calls, but if I say it 'probably wouldn't have changed the outcome" it doesn't seem like whining!"

That right there is my favorite chestnut from the udder posting area :D

bluedogok
10/12/2008, 09:31 PM
A thread about those subjects wouldn't be bad it's the fact that there are 40 threads on each of those subjects that is bad.

...of course over here there are 400 threads about the election.

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 09:33 PM
I want to argue about the Cotton Bowl toilets...

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 09:36 PM
I want to argue about the Cotton Bowl toilets...

Yeah, well thank God you didn't eat any Chicken Fried Bacon before you had to use them :eek:

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 09:39 PM
A thread about those subjects wouldn't be bad it's the fact that there are 40 threads on each of those subjects that is bad.

...of course over here there are 400 threads about the election.

Yup, crap over here too -- just about different topics. Besides I'm tired of bashing on Brack and felt like sharing the wealth...

...Hey, anyone think Brack will choose Venables as Secretary of Defense? ;) :O :D

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 09:42 PM
I don't think he likes the term Cotton Bowl.

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 09:43 PM
I don't think he likes the term Cotton Bowl.

Who? Brack

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 09:58 PM
Who? Brack

I like Brak.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/1210029~The-Brak-Show-Posters.jpg

bri
10/12/2008, 10:43 PM
Meh, I dunno. I think he got played out pretty fast.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 10:45 PM
Meh, I dunno. I think he got played out pretty fast.

Best thing on that show was Thundercleese.

bri
10/12/2008, 10:46 PM
Aw, hells yeah it was.

I still miss Cartoon Planet. That was the best drunken viewing ever.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 10:47 PM
Aw, hells yeah it was.

I still miss Cartoon Planet. That was the best drunken viewing ever.

Have you never seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force? The drunker you are, the funnier it gets!

bri
10/12/2008, 10:51 PM
I find that my enjoyment of any given ATHF episode is inversely proportionate to the amount of focus on Master Shake.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 10:53 PM
I find that my enjoyment of any given ATHF episode is inversely proportionate to the amount of focus on Master Shake.

Come on, cup is the best one!