PDA

View Full Version : The Real Sam Bradford

Alum81
10/12/2008, 05:04 PM
has yet to show himself fully. Now before you go and hit that little red spek button hear me out and add your comments/opinions.

It is my observation and hope that under the continued tutoring of Josh Heipel, Sam is going to mature into one of the greatest college football quarterbacks of all time. And I hope he stays through his senior year! One of the greatest thrills of watching Josh qb was that the coaches had enough respect for his knowledge of the game that they let him call all his own audibles and from what I understand, he usually audibled about 60-70 percent of the time. I hope our coaching staff will allow Sam to do this by next year and still run the no-huddle. That will help eliminate the nonsense of all the play calling from the sidelines.

I predict our Sam Bradford might be the next Peyton Manning in the NFL when he gets there!

Big Red Ron
10/12/2008, 05:11 PM
Sam has the quickest release in college ball. He also has the most arm strength of any of the last several QB's at OU, smart, long and short ball touch and can pass on the run. He is 6'5 and super athletic. We'll be lucky if he stays next year.

StormySooner-IN
10/12/2008, 05:12 PM
has yet to show himself fully. Now before you go and hit that little red spek button hear me out and add your comments/opinions.

It is my observation and hope that under the continued tutoring of Josh Heipel, Sam is going to mature into one of the greatest college football quarterbacks of all time. And I hope he stays through his senior year! One of the greatest thrills of watching Josh qb was that the coaches had enough respect for his knowledge of the game that they let him call all his own audibles and from what I understand, he usually audibled about 60-70 percent of the time. I hope our coaching staff will allow Sam to do this by next year and still run the no-huddle. That will help eliminate the nonsense of all the play calling from the sidelines.

I predict our Sam Bradford might be the next Peyton Manning in the NFL when he gets there!
As an Indy resident and diehard Colts fan....I've been thinking this for a while. I swear, I've seen so many similarites between the OU offense and Colts offense. Sam reminds me a lot of Manning in ways. Very calm, great leader, great person, confident, takes the blame....etc...

Anyways, I agree with everything you say. spek.

85sooners
10/12/2008, 10:28 PM
:gary:

VA Sooner
10/12/2008, 10:30 PM
Tall, athletic and smart... will be a very good NFL quarterback when the time comes. He just needs time to mature into the role... and not just me being selfish and wanting him to stay until his senior year.

adoniijahsooner
10/13/2008, 02:59 AM
I think he needs another year, but I dont see another qb presently in college that is better prepared for the nfl. I think a degree and a championship means alot to sam though.

TJKDone
10/13/2008, 04:05 AM
As a longhorn fan I pray to Christ that Sam Bradford leaves OU early and next year would not be any too soon for me.

He is awesome.

Without Colt 45 we would have been beaten.

Hook'em

OU_Sooners75
10/13/2008, 04:10 AM
Sam Bradford is the Best QB in the nation. Or at least will be before leaving OU!

And I seriously doubt he leaves OU without a degree! He is the epitome of OU. He is what many fnas adore about players like him. He was literally born a Sooner. His dream was to win a National Championship with OU. If he cannot do it this year or next, we will be having the delight of seeing him lead out team in 2010!

OUHOMER
10/13/2008, 05:14 AM
He will have it all next year, except maybe a line in front of him. He gets great protection, I hope he gets the same protection next year. Than again it might make him step up to the next level.

OU_Sooners75
10/13/2008, 05:40 AM
He will have it all next year, except maybe a line in front of him. He gets great protection, I hope he gets the same protection next year. Than again it might make him step up to the next level.

Next year's OL will be more athletic than this year's! And overall I think it will be better.

Breadburner
10/13/2008, 07:39 AM
Qb's dont leave early....

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2008, 08:08 AM
The question is.. will he be gone after this year. Granted, there is so much ball to be played but look at who you lose on offense after this year...

Your entire starting offensive line...
Iglesias and Johnson...
Probably Gresham...

Whether your line next year is more athletic than this year's line isn't the issue... they will not have the cohesiveness of this year's unit.

You saw what happened to Colt last year when our offensive line was new then decimated by injuries. He was running for his life, there was no cohesiveness, less time to throw which resulted in additional sacks and poor decisions.

If Bradford continues with his stats this year, I believe he certainly needs to consider the No Fun League.

St. Louis Sooner
10/13/2008, 11:21 AM
colt wasn't the leader last year that he is this year; more of a playmaker this year too;

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:25 AM
You know what really makes me nervous about Sam.....

This years Senior quarterback class SUCKS. Juniors?? Tebow, Stafford ?

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 11:28 AM
We rotate a lot of our young big time players across the offensive line but it won't be like what happened to Texas last year.

Sam can run too, he'll be fine next year. Iglasias and Johnson are good receivers, not great but we have several young guys that are getting some good time in this year, we'll be fine there too but those are the two areas of concern.

Look at our secondary this year, after losing both starting CB's and Safeties, people thought that would be a weakness this year and we're better than last year. We'll see.

I just hope we get another shot at the horns in Miamuh.

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 11:29 AM
I think it's more likely Colt leaves than Sam.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 11:30 AM
Look for Demarco Murray to move to WR, next year..........

A Horn
10/13/2008, 11:50 AM
I think it's more likely Colt leaves than Sam.

Don't count on it. I hear a lot about Bradford, he seems to be the much more intriguing pro prospect.

A Horn
10/13/2008, 11:52 AM
And Bradford threw 5 TDs and set a yardage record for the rivalry.

How much more real is he going to get?!?!?

The guy is an unquestionably great talent.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:00 PM
With out line graduating, he won't be able to sit in the pocket. I think this is our year, despite the loss.

SoonerInLubbock
10/13/2008, 12:41 PM
Look for Demarco Murray to move to WR, next year..........

Explain...:confused:

boomermagic
10/13/2008, 01:30 PM
Next year's OL will be more athletic than this year's! And overall I think it will be better.

No way next years line will be better.. No way...