PDA

View Full Version : Texas fans...

CatfishSooner
10/12/2008, 02:13 PM
to me personally, were not that bad at all...

I'm sure they were ****ty to some of y'all, but no one got in my face or rubbed it in this year as they have in the past...so I was a little surpised and glad that I didn't have to punch some bitch in the face...

bonkuba
10/12/2008, 02:38 PM
I have to echo.....now that I have re-grouped after the loss:D

When leaving the game it was a madhouse......packed in like cattle (no pun). While milling around the games outside 99.9% of the Texas fans told me it was the best game since the Rose Bowl.....actually most said better game overall.

However, there was one moron (drunk 20-ish) that got in my face with my wife next two me......tried to go around him he got about 2 inches from my face with his nasty *** beer breath.......pushed him back....he bowed up....punched him with a right......he went down......out cold. Huge number of Texas fans actually came to my defense (encircled me and my wife) and said it was his fault.......cops did nothing but tell me to move on. Actually had Texas fans telling me how sorry they were that happened. New respect for the Horn faithful to be honest.

Overall good experience....great game...other than the outcome of course.

We'll get 'em.....I have no fear!!!:D

Half a Hundred
10/12/2008, 02:46 PM
As usual, it's not the students and alumni that were a problem. They just went out and partied, and more power to them. The idiot Walmart t-shirt fans, though, were their usual pleasant selves.

God I hate them.

MamaMia
10/12/2008, 02:57 PM
I was amazed at how un-obnoxious the texas fans were at the fair grounds after the game. I even got a couple "Good game" handshakes and an older horn gentleman who even said we were robbed because of the non-interception call. Except for a few rowdy younger red neck types I heard nary a word about how "OU sucks". They know we already knew we pretty much sucked on that day. It was written all over our faces. That was good enough for them.

spatton713
10/12/2008, 03:20 PM
I dont know where yall were all at but where I was there was a dumass texas fan climbing on the fence in front of the home depot big screen yelling OU sucks and **** you and yelling and cussing it was so bad fans from both schools were chunking drinks and food at him......

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2008, 04:17 PM
I took note of the general happiness of their fans and much less goating than I thought there would be. When someone said something pointed in my direction, I answered them a few times by either saying, "It's good you don't play Kansas State this year."
Or, "Does it hurt more when we win the conference after you beat us than when you lose?"
In every case they smiled and said "ouch" and we chatted about the game...not a bad outcome.

I did notice the extra 16,000 fans for sure. Man, it was packed in that Fair.

mdklatt
10/12/2008, 04:34 PM
I dont know where yall were all at but where I was there was a dumass texas fan climbing on the fence in front of the home depot big screen yelling OU sucks and **** you and yelling and cussing it was so bad fans from both schools were chunking drinks and food at him......

How do you know he was from Dumas? :confused:

:D