PDA

View Full Version : Harris Poll projection...

kelloggOUballa
10/12/2008, 01:40 PM
****UPDATE******

Harris Poll is out, the Sooners stand at No. 4

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/BCS_Oct_12_2008.pdf

CollegeBCS.com projects the Harris Poll to have us at No. 8...???

Not sure how you project a poll that hasn't been released yet this week, but that would be insane. It projects Alabama 1, Texas 2, Penn State 3, Mizzou 4, Texas Tech 5, USC 6 and Florida 7. We will see...

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 01:45 PM

Not sure how you project a poll that hasn't been released yet this week, but that would be insane. It projects Alabama 1, Texas 2, Penn State 3, Mizzou 4, Texas Tech 5, USC 6 and Florida 7. We will see...

Give me a break.

Indy Sooner
10/12/2008, 01:51 PM
They are projecting Mizzou not to move at all in their rankings after losing at home?

BevoAssassin
10/12/2008, 01:55 PM

Alabama #1 makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I guess they didn't see the way they struggled against Kentucky. I have no problem with Penn State at 3, but Mizzou at 4 is ridiculous. They just got beat on their home turf by the 17th ranked team in the country. They were dominated by OSU the entire game. That games wasn't as close as the score indicated. Tech at #5 is also ridiculous. Apparently, no one saw them almost lose to a mediocre team on their home field. I don't have a beef with Florida at 7, but what is USC doing at 6? If they're 6 after losing to a terrible Oregon State team and OU is 8th after losing to possibly the best team in the country, maybe OU should just go independent and play a creampuff schedule. Obviously, playing good teams isn't rewarded.

With that said, hopefully the projection is wrong and all of that ranting was useless :D

DallasSooner87
10/12/2008, 02:01 PM
Things less painful than trying to make sense of polls...

...being run over by a steam-roller

...sitting through an entire O'Reilly Factor

...being a tackling dummy for the OU D after this week.

Bring on Kansas and the rest of the Big 12 and the polls will work themselves out.

BevoAssassin
10/12/2008, 02:04 PM
On the bright side, at least the AP only was the Sooners dropped to #4. Now, only if that poll actually mattered

kelloggOUballa
10/12/2008, 02:27 PM
Updated projection has us at No. 5 in the Harris, Texas 1, Bama 2, PSU 3 and Tech 4....and we're currently projected No. 4 in the overall BCS Rankings.

kelloggOUballa
10/12/2008, 04:57 PM
bump

MyT Oklahoma
10/12/2008, 05:00 PM
Bring on Kansas and the rest of the Big 12 and the polls will work themselves out.

Yesterday sucked but it's behind us now. Bring on the Jayhawks. Grrrrrrrr....

Big Red Ron
10/12/2008, 05:02 PM
Alabama and Penn State both lose and we win out. #1 Uterus and #2 OU. Say that's the case at the end of the we play UT for all the marbles?