PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I'm over it. The 5 stages of grief. BOOMER SOONER!

Bosley
10/12/2008, 01:28 PM
I've had about 24 hours to mourn:

Stage one, denial:

Haah! We didn't lost to texas, we play next week right?

Stage two, anger:

mother!@#ing refs for got PAID OFF! Late HIT?!?!?! !@#$#$ING@#$#!SU@#$@#IT!##$@

Nice defense Brent!! SERIOUSLY? CAN WE NOT GET A TACKLE ON SPECIAL TEAMS!! A@#@!#!#@IT!#$@$@#ER#@#$!!!!

Stage three, bargaining:

Best two out of three? Look.....look I'll give up a testicle...just dont let this be real....

Stage four, depression:

*gulp**gulp**gulp*

Is hav tew heeeear teh tezaaz fanz fer a fuggggin yeer *gulp gulp*
IM IN A GLAZZ CAGGGE OFS EMOTIONZZ!!

Stage five, today-Acceptance:

We played a good game, got some tough calls. But in a situation where both teams are equally tallented sometimes it comes down to who got the luckiest breaks and better of the officiating calls.

I live in Washington DC right now but I find solace in knowing that I've never been required to learn, memorize, or even hear the Pledge of allegiance to texas. I dont have to grow up, brainwashed, that texas is basically isn't own country, and say ghey !@it like "Everything is bigger in Texas".

I graduated from the University of Oklahoma, am from the little state with the biggest of hearts that has always overcome incredible adversity. I come from the state whose motto is "Hard work conquers all", and get to go back to the state with the friendliest and people in the world.

Norman was even ranked above Round Rock (Austin), in money magazine as the best places to live.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2008/

The season is FAR from over, and we're still in the top 5. The pressure is off, and we're headed to another great season in God's country, the heart land, the great state of Oklahoma.

-Bosley

josh09
10/12/2008, 01:37 PM
Dangit, I was about to go on a rant and spill all of MY emotions!

Guys, we played a great game yesterday (ok, maybe defense was KIND OF lacking....), and it was truly an instant classic. We were ahead most of the game, until the time that mattered, which was with :00 left. Give credit to those damned longhorns, and not just how bad we played defensively. True, if we had a FAIR game, i think we would have won. But im not going to complain and be annoying about it. We still should have fought through it and won anyway. Thats what good football teams do. And i think this team is going to learn that. I still believe in the 2008 Oklahoma football team, even if some of yall dont. Now lets go out there and win out, and get ourselves back in the hunt! (Because we all know texas is gonna choke :D)

BOOOOOOOOMER!!!!!!

Bosley
10/12/2008, 01:51 PM
Dangit, I was about to go on a rant and spill all of MY emotions!

Guys, we played a great game yesterday (ok, maybe defense was KIND OF lacking....), and it was truly an instant classic. We were ahead most of the game, until the time that mattered, which was with :00 left. Give credit to those damned longhorns, and not just how bad we played defensively. True, if we had a FAIR game, i think we would have won. But im not going to complain and be annoying about it. We still should have fought through it and won anyway. Thats what good football teams do. And i think this team is going to learn that. I still believe in the 2008 Oklahoma football team, even if some of yall dont. Now lets go out there and win out, and get ourselves back in the hunt! (Because we all know texas is gonna choke :D)

BOOOOOOOOMER!!!!!!

HERE HERE!!

*clink*

Cheers.

SOOOOOOOOONEEEEERRRR!!!!

josh09
10/12/2008, 01:54 PM
HERE HERE!!

*clink*

Cheers.

SOOOOOOOOONEEEEERRRR!!!!

Haha now all those rants need is background music.... :D

By the way, im friends with Nic Harris on facebook, and this is what his status said last night after the game, pretty uplifting:

Nic Harris: understands the joy of anti-sooners, but if it is one thing we know its victory, we ARE NOT DONE!

MamaMia
10/12/2008, 01:55 PM
I'm more complex. I'm still in the anger stage. :mad:

DallasSooner87
10/12/2008, 01:56 PM
Nic Harris: understands the joy of anti-sooners, but if it is one thing we know its victory, we ARE NOT DONE!

What a BAMF good to see that come from one of the seniors on D.

BudSooner
10/12/2008, 01:59 PM
I've been thru all of them, see the other threads.
There is ALOT of football left in the season, and while yes things have to go right for us to get back into the picture..the BigXII beats up on each other every week, the south has not been lost yet.

Chins up, Play the D tough...MAKE those tackles on special teams, get back to the power run game and we can win this mother****er.

AND not go back to the Fiesta bowl, gawd if we do....i'm gonna hurl burnt orange.

josh09
What a BAMF good to see that come from one of the seniors on D.

Definitely. When a senior says that, you know weve got good leadership, and the rest of the team is probably feeding off of his attitude.

MamaMia
Haha now all those rants need is background music.... :D

By the way, im friends with Nic Harris on facebook, and this is what his status said last night after the game, pretty uplifting:

Okay. Now I feel a little better. Thanks josh. :)

josh09
10/12/2008, 02:01 PM
Its just what im here for haha :D

HSC-Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:02 PM
I'm still optimistic...

We can still get to the national title game.

You still have Texas-Missouri, Texas-OSU, OSU-Texas Tech, Texas-Texas Tech, OU-OSU, OU-Texas Tech.

josh09
10/12/2008, 02:10 PM
Yea, that OSU game in stoolwater is gonna be huge.

Bosley
10/12/2008, 04:00 PM
I've been thru all of them, see the other threads.
There is ALOT of football left in the season, and while yes things have to go right for us to get back into the picture..the BigXII beats up on each other every week, the south has not been lost yet.

Chins up, Play the D tough...MAKE those tackles on special teams, get back to the power run game and we can win this mother****er.

AND not go back to the Fiesta bowl, gawd if we do....i'm gonna hurl burnt orange.

It's not like Texas took it to us. We lost our defensive leader, got some bad calls, and were constantly a few inches from the game going the other way.

I mean we convert a few of those first downs a receiver dropped, or get that fake punt this game is the same score in the other direction.