PDA

View Full Version : So on October 12th...

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 01:14 PM
...OU has the worst record of all three D-1 schools in the state!

I know, I know...but still...can you imagine it ever being that way?

Gotta give OSU and Tulsa credit. TU will go unbeaten and OSU is a win in Austin away from making us all get a huge lump in our throat for "what might be". And don't think it can't happen...most everyone gave them no hope to win in Columbia, much less make a game of it. I saw a lot of predictions of a blowout for the Tigers...and OSU won with their defense.

Big 12 South = by far the best division in college football. aTm sucks, but even Baylor proved they are fairly decent yesterday.

SeattleOUstudent
10/12/2008, 01:17 PM
Yikes...thats pretty much the definition of "Aggie-logic" isnt it?

aurorasooner
10/12/2008, 01:30 PM
I was impressed with the Aggie coaching on both sides of the ball last night and how hard their hit the Mizzou players in the mouth. Their defensive cover players were in position and not 5 yards off a Missouri receiver and actualy making plays on the ball instead of in a soft zone and just tackling after the catch. As well, some of that was Pink-els and his staff as well as the Missouri players taking last night's game as a press-given "improve Booger-Boys Heisman stats" as the Tech players did with Nebraska. As I posted earlier with stats, If you can run the football and are able to throw the ball enough to maintain balance offensively, the chances of winning appear to go up significantly.
Aggies have a good team, and when Gundy/staff find that one acorn gameplan, appear to be able to play with anyone in CFB, especially if their defense can stuff their opponents running game.

swardboy
10/12/2008, 01:37 PM
You know, a friend at church who is a Missouri fan came up to me this morning commiserating about our mutual losses. We talked about the potency of osu's defense, and how he doesn't like Booger eater either because of his arrogance, etc. But after it I sensed that he was just so proud he could talk to a Sooner fan in an emphathetic way.

OU is still the gold standard.....

HSC-Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:07 PM
OU football is not about comparing our records to the other teams in this state. OU football is about our tradition and championships.

Having a worse record on a single October day does not compare to a half century of tradition, pride, and winning.