PDA

View Full Version : i'm extremely pleased with the rankings

PDXsooner
10/12/2008, 12:42 PM
let's face it, for all intents and purposes we control our own destiny. technically, we don't, but realistically we do. if OU wins out they will play in the title game.

just look at who texas plays in the next 3 weeks alone (missouri, okie st., and at tech. not to mention at kansas down the road). and texas is a damned good football team, but they have flaws just as we do. someone will expose them.

alabama? they still play at LSU, auburn, and there's this thing called an SEC title game.

penn st. still plays at ohio state.

usc will get no computer love being in the WAC-10.

i feel great about this.

Sabanball
10/12/2008, 12:44 PM
Now we know who the media REALLY loves..........

The Big 12;)

EstablishedSooner1967
10/12/2008, 12:44 PM
Only complaint is USC ahead of OU in coaches... that is a F-ing mistake... OU lose to #5 tx and they lose to un ranked osu.... and play NO ONE the rest of the year... they played asu with a hurt qb and only put 28 on them.. give me a break!

8timechamps
10/12/2008, 12:46 PM
I am worried most about Penn State and SC.

Penn State is clearly the class of the Big 10, and I just don't see tOSU beating them.

Nobody will give SC a game from here on out. The possibility is Arizona, and as much as I like Mike, he doens't have the talent.

PDXsooner
10/12/2008, 12:47 PM
Only complaint is USC ahead of OU in coaches... that is a F-ing mistake... OU lose to #5 tx and they lose to un ranked osu.... and play NO ONE the rest of the year... they played asu with a hurt qb and only put 28 on them.. give me a break!

i agree, but you can't apply logic to all the rankings. if so, ole miss would be ahead of florida -- you know what i'm sayin'? just realize that USC plays NO MORE ranked teams throughout the year, and will suffer for it in the SOS.

PDXsooner
10/12/2008, 12:48 PM
well, no one saw the oregon st loss comin either. let USC win out, it shouldn't matter. if we win out, i think we'll jump them in the polls, not even counting what the computers will do.

8timechamps
10/12/2008, 12:51 PM
well, no one saw the oregon st loss comin either. let USC win out, it shouldn't matter. if we win out, i think we'll jump them in the polls, not even counting what the computers will do.

The one thing that plays in our favor (as it relates to SC), is that we will play at least 2 or 3 ranked teams before the end of the season. So, if SC wins out (and they will), we should jump them.

Then again, that's applying logic to the polls...and that's a "iffy" proposition.

BASSooner
10/12/2008, 01:11 PM
let's face it, for all intents and purposes we control our own destiny. technically, we don't, but realistically we do. if OU wins out they will play in the title game.

just look at who texas plays in the next 3 weeks alone (missouri, okie st., and at tech. not to mention at kansas down the road). and texas is a damned good football team, but they have flaws just as we do. someone will expose them.

alabama? they still play at LSU, auburn, and there's this thing called an SEC title game.

penn st. still plays at ohio state.

usc will get no computer love being in the WAC-10.

i feel great about this.

That horrible secondary of theres is going to kill em.

Especially that OL and their running game.

Honestly seeing okie state beating mizzou, okie state is also very legit now. I really don't see texass ending the season undefeated at all.

TUSooner
10/12/2008, 01:12 PM
Can't whine.