PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford

Leroy Lizard
10/12/2008, 12:08 PM
Not enough discussion about Bradford here. Sure the loss hurts, but what about the play of our star QB?

FlatheadSooner
10/12/2008, 12:10 PM
Heisman quality performance - he should still be in the top 3 if we win out.
:cool:

chad
10/12/2008, 12:28 PM
The only think I count him off for is the following:

1: 1st interception. He panicked and threw a ball he shouldn't have.
2: A few times (maybe 5 or 6) he too quickly abandoned the passing play and took off running for between a 0-6 yard gain.

everything else looked really good. There were only 2, that I remember, off target throws and his decision making, except for the above, was good.

Bradford, despite poor running, is one of the top 3 QB's in the nation.
The 2 that rival him. McCoy and Tebow IMO.

aurorasooner
10/12/2008, 12:28 PM
Heisman quality performance - he should still be in the top 3 if we win out. Agree. Booger drops out of the top 3 after last night, but could regain it if Mizzou beats Texas next week. I doubt if that happens in Austin. Colt McCoy and Tebow are probably 1/2 and Sam #3 just because wins/losses appear to have more weight than individual performance. In any event, I don't care if Sam only goes about 12-15 for 150 yards against KU if we can actually rush the freakin' ball for 200/250+.

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 12:32 PM

2: A few times (maybe 5 or 6) he too quickly abandoned the passing play and took off running for between a 0-6 yard gain.

everything else looked really good. There were only 2, that I remember, off target throws and his decision making, except for the above, was good.

Look, I could throw out the stats, but I don't have to. Quit.

chad
10/12/2008, 12:35 PM
Look, I could through out the stats, but I don't have to. Quit.
???

throwing out stats (from my recollection of the game) is part of analyzing how Bradford played.

and quit what? giving my opinion on how Bradford played? isn't that the point of this thread?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/12/2008, 12:42 PM
McCoy has to be the front-runner because he won the game but Bradford did nothing to hurt his chance of winning the Heisman. 5 TDs. Unlike Chase Daniel, Bradford wasn't the reason OU lost yesterday.

Tebow had his best game of the year yesterday but I think at this point it is 1. McCoy 2. Bradford 3.Tebow 4. Ringer 5.Hall

Bradford has 23 Tds....Tebow 10.

Daniel has one more shot to get back in the mix against Texas next week but if he has another dud he won't win even if MU runs the table from there.

8timechamps
10/12/2008, 12:44 PM

I can't put that on Bradford. The kid made an amazing catch that 9 out of 10 times he wouldn't make.

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 12:54 PM
???

throwing out stats (from my recollection of the game) is part of analyzing how Bradford played.

and quit what? giving my opinion on how Bradford played? isn't that the point of this thread?

Sam has been "money" this entire year. You obiviously have not been watchn. For you to discredit him is just plain dumb! Hey, by the way, he is in the HEISMAN race. Watch

SoonerLB
10/12/2008, 01:05 PM
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so flipped on the radio and ran across a sports talk show about the time a USC fan was calling in. He seemed pretty knowledgable concerning all aspects of college football actually, and all of his comments were good, especially when he got to the OU Texas game. What I liked best was when he said they should give the Heisman to Sam right now! The guy gave a pretty good account of why he thought Sam was far and away the best QB in college football, and how impressed he was with Sam's play. Both him and the show host agreed that this loss was going to hurt Sam in the ballots, but that in reality, Sam is the guy that stands out from the rest by far.
They both also thought Booger Boy was an over-hyped wannabe as well, and again, I whole-heartedly agreed!

tommieharris91
10/12/2008, 01:09 PM
Uhhh, didn't Tebow's team have like 4 losses last year?

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 01:09 PM
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so flipped on the radio and ran across a sports talk show about the time a USC fan was calling in. He seemed pretty knowledgable concerning all aspects of college football actually, and all of his comments were good, especially when he got to the OU Texas game. What I liked best was when he said they should give the Heisman to Sam right now! The guy gave a pretty good account of why he thought Sam was far and away the best QB in college football, and how impressed he was with Sam's play. Both him and the show host agreed that this loss was going to hurt Sam in the ballots, but that in reality, Sam is the guy that stands out from the rest by far.
They both also thought Booger Boy was an over-hyped wannabe as well, and again, I whole-heartedly agreed!

Hey Chad, read this one!

tommieharris91
10/12/2008, 01:11 PM

Look, I could through out the stats, but I don't have to. Quit.

???

Sam has been "money" this entire year. You obiviously have not been watchn. For you to discredit him is just plain dumb! Hey, by the way, he is in the HEISMAN race. Watch

Hey Chad, read this one!

I'm confused. I can't follow this at all. :confused: :confused:

josh09
10/12/2008, 01:15 PM
Not enough discussion about Bradford here. Sure the loss hurts, but what about the play of our star QB?

I think Colt's in front of Sam right now, only because Texas won yesterday. Sam does have better individual stats, so if we win out i think he's gonna get it. Tebow may have had a good game yesterday, but he's had too many sub-par to par games so far to win it IMO. Chase might have thrown his chances away yesterday, it all depends on how next weeks game ends up.

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 01:18 PM
I'm confused. I can't follow this at all. :confused: :confused:

See post #9. That should clear it up.:)

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:38 PM
I can't fault Sam at all for this game. Interceptions happen when you're getting chased around the backfield.

At the end of the game they ran that same designed rollout to the left three or four times in a row because a Texas DL was breaking through on the right side every single time.

chad
10/12/2008, 01:53 PM

Hey Chad, read this one!

Where did I say Sam played bad? I didn't, I said "everything else looked really good."
and "is one of the top 3 QB's in the nation.
The 2 that rival him. McCoy and Tebow IMO."

reading comprehension much?

I pointed out the 2 areas in the game where he struggled, both of which are minor. I didn't blame losing the game on him, I didn't say he sucks, or take a personal attack on him in any way.

"There were only 2, that I remember, off target throws"
This is definitely bashing him and his 'poor performance,' my god, how could Bradford have 2 bad throws during a game *gasp* /sarcasm

We all know Sam is quite possibly the best QB OU's ever had and we are blessed to have him leading the team.

Why you think that I assume he sucks, played poorly, doesn't deserve Heisman talk etc. is beyond me.

The thread asked what people thought of Sam's performance.

During the whole game I only found 2 faults with him. Both of which were due to pressure from the texas defense.

any other team in the nation would love to have Bradford on their team.

Holy hell...it's like I killed someone for pointing out a mistake Sam made. :confused:

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 02:17 PM
Where did I say Sam played bad? I didn't, I said "everything else looked really good."
and "is one of the top 3 QB's in the nation.
The 2 that rival him. McCoy and Tebow IMO."

reading comprehension much?

I pointed out the 2 areas in the game where he struggled, both of which are minor. I didn't blame losing the game on him, I didn't say he sucks, or take a personal attack on him in any way.

"There were only 2, that I remember, off target throws"
This is definitely bashing him and his 'poor performance,' my god, how could Bradford have 2 bad throws during a game *gasp* /sarcasm

We all know Sam is quite possibly the best QB OU's ever had and we are blessed to have him leading the team.

Why you think that I assume he sucks, played poorly, doesn't deserve Heisman talk etc. is beyond me.

The thread asked what people thought of Sam's performance.

During the whole game I only found 2 faults with him. Both of which were due to pressure from the texas defense.

any other team in the nation would love to have Bradford on their team.

Holy hell...it's like I killed someone for pointing out a mistake Sam made. :confused:

My apologizes. Alittle defensive when it comes to Bradford:)

nytehorn
10/12/2008, 02:42 PM
IMO, Bradford should take over the #1 spot, Colt second. 5 TD's against a good defense? He can't do everything, and the Gators lost 4 games last year, when Tebow won. We will see how it unfolds.

St. Louis Sooner
10/12/2008, 03:07 PM
uh ... sammy's performance puts him above all the 'why ou lost' discussions; unquestionably a great performance;

MI Sooner
10/12/2008, 03:09 PM
That interception was on third and long, right? I'm glad that DB caught the ball. I bet Texas got the ball further downfield than our average net punt.

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 03:11 PM
uh ... sammy's performance puts him above all the 'why ou lost' discussions; unquestionably a great performance;

Yep, that's why I get so defensive!

Q22
10/12/2008, 03:31 PM
I dont care if we went 0-13 ill take Sam over that classless tool booger any day of the week.

swooperman
10/12/2008, 04:13 PM
McCoy - 277 yards
Bradford - 387 yards

McCoy - 1 TD pass
Bradford - 5 TD passes

Bradford has thrown for 2,055 yards in 5 1/2 games (sat out enough to equal over a half a game early in season) and has 23 TD passes. On that pace he will have over 4,000 yards passing and 46 TD passes and less than 10 INT's for a 12 game schedule.

Pretty impressive against the new #1 team in the country, and the #1 defense in the nation at the time in TCU. Sam still #1, Colt #2 in my voting. Sure wished mine actually counted.

Sam has been solid from day 1. Colt took last season off from being a good BB for whatever reason. Only this year counts I know. I would still rather have Bradford steering (no pun intended) our ship that Colt.