PDA

View Full Version : 3 BAD Calls gave Texazz the victory...

Sooner1979
10/12/2008, 11:27 AM
1. Personal Foul, late hit out of bounds was BS. That would have led OU to a possession change and kept UT from scoring, so take away 7 points...

2. Personal Foul, late hit out of bounds was BS. Another BS call that would have led to a possession change and more UT points not scored, so take away more points.

3. That was definitely an interception in the endzone and he definitely had possession in the endzone, and the ground did in fact force the ball to come out...That led to 3 more UT points that shouldn't have.

Lets say that OU didn't score on all 3 of those possession changes, but Texas wouldn't have scored and OU probably would have scored on at least 1 and possibly 2 of those 3 possession changes...

I am not saying OU would have won the game if these calls weren't made, but they definitely changed the momentum of the game.

If anybody knows who the Refs were, please let me know.

Does anybody agree with me. Was I the only one who saw how bad these calls were and how much they changed the pace of the game?

Texas definitely executed a better game plan, but we will never know what would have happened if the game were called fairly...

Billy'sOUfan
10/12/2008, 11:32 AM
I agree.

sooner59
10/12/2008, 11:34 AM
1. Personal Foul, late hit out of bounds was BS. That would have led OU to a possession change and kept UT from scoring, so take away 7 points...

2. Personal Foul, late hit out of bounds was BS. Another BS call that would have led to a possession change and more UT points not scored, so take away more points.

3. That was definitely an interception in the endzone and he definitely had possession in the endzone, and the ground did in fact force the ball to come out...That led to 3 more UT points that shouldn't have.

Lets say that OU didn't score on all 3 of those possession changes, but Texas wouldn't have scored and OU probably would have scored on at least 1 and possibly 2 of those 3 possession changes...

I am not saying OU would have won the game if these calls weren't made, but they definitely changed the momentum of the game.

If anybody knows who the Refs were, please let me know.

Does anybody agree with me. Was I the only one who saw how bad these calls were and how much they changed the pace of the game?

Texas definitely executed a better game plan, but we will never know what would have happened if the game were called fairly...

Have you not been reading the threads/posts on here since the game ended?

oucatfish
10/12/2008, 11:38 AM
Yesterday.. If OU would have stopped texas when they needed to.. OU would have won the game.. I watched our D give up bunches on almost every snap. If OU was the #1 team in the country.. we wouldn't need the ref's to make or brake the game for us.

FlatheadSooner
10/12/2008, 11:40 AM
Yesterday.. If OU would have stopped texas when they needed to.. OU would have won the game.. I watched our D give up bunches on almost every snap. If OU was the #1 team in the country.. we wouldn't need the ref's to make or brake the game for us.

Stupid legitimate penalties probably also could have made the difference. There were several things that didn't go our way.
:(

Boomerbrad
10/12/2008, 11:42 AM
1. Lack of Defense

2. Lack of Running Game

TheUnnamedSooner
10/12/2008, 11:42 AM
The offsides on 3rd downs were huge. That was no ones fault but our guys and colt doing a good job getting them to jump. The Sooners had their chances to win and didn't get the job done. There were bad calls on both sides.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/12/2008, 11:43 AM
Texas comes back and says that Mike Knall deserves the Oscar for his performances.

Both times, Texas was called for RUNNING INTO THE KICKER, not roughing the kicker. ONE time we accepted it and advanced the ball for a first down. They technically DID run into him! Maybe it was just pinky-grazing him, but they touched him enough.

UTsucks
10/12/2008, 11:46 AM
I was 10 feet from the INT in the end zone IT WAS A PICK! Everyone was yelling like crazy then all we knew UT was kicking for a FG WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line we needed to play better BUT the REF's did not help at all. :mad:

West Coast Horn
10/12/2008, 11:53 AM
Waaaa!

Stop whining. You were gifted 2 TDs, one in the 1st quarter, 1 off that stupid punting penalty. The officiating was **** both ways.

You guys should be happy you lost...better than getting your *** handed to you in yet another high profile bowl game.

FlatheadSooner
10/12/2008, 12:08 PM
Waaaa!

Stop whining. You were gifted 2 TDs, one in the 1st quarter, 1 off that stupid punting penalty. The officiating was **** both ways.

You guys should be happy you lost...better than getting your *** handed to you in yet another high profile bowl game.

Whorn - We'd much rather you just thank us for giving you the win (we beat ourselves) go on your $%*&-ing merry way and try to hang on to that ranking for your dear life. We will be back in the hunt faster than you think!!
Still a lot of football to be played.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/12/2008, 12:17 PM
Waaaa!

illegitamate argument. even if it wouldn't have been ruled a TD, he was on the 1 yd ine. we would have scored anyway.

go away horn until you bring some better material. you may have won the game, but your attempt at smack talk makes you a loser.

do not post in this forum again. buh bye.

Don't brake for Longhorns
10/12/2008, 12:23 PM
There were some poor calls both ways. Bottom line is aour defense can't stop anybody in these kinds of games. Texas made a good move with Muschamp. Hopefully we will figure out how to make some changes on defense.

chad
10/12/2008, 12:23 PM

This one McCoy had already run for the 1st down, it just tacked on an additional 15 yards.

I wouldn't take away points on this.

Like said above, if you remove the 4 offsides penalties that extended drive, the kick return and the interception (which should have been box reviewed) then it would have been a different game.

2 of the 3 were our fault, not the refs. OU's mistakes, and the poor play calling at crucial times lost the game for us. Not necessarily the reffing.

NightFlyerDFW
10/12/2008, 12:27 PM
re: the interception. A closer read of the NCAA rules:

To catch, intercept or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to
make a catch, interception or recovery must have the ball firmly in his
possession when he first returns to the ground inbounds with any part of
his body or is so held that the dead-ball provisions of Rule 4-1-3-p apply
(A.R. 2-2-7-I-V and A.R. 7-3-6-IV).
1. If one foot first lands inbounds and the receiver has possession
and control of the ball, it is a catch or interception even though a
subsequent step or fall takes the receiver out of bounds.
2. Loss of ball simultaneous to returning to the ground is not a catch,
interception or recovery.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/Football_Rulesadc982b5-03fb-4e27-828c-c2d26b95e6c1.pdf

as he lost the ball when he hit the ground, no interception. As mentioned numerous times, the officiating was otherwise not that great for both teams. You can't blame the OU loss simply on officiating. If you concede that it was running into the kicker, by rule, then you have to concede it was late hits out of bounds, by rule.

chad
10/12/2008, 12:33 PM
I believe the running into the kicker call was legit. Stupidly and embarrassingly embellished, sure...but the kicker was touched/pushed while off balance.

The two late hits were bad calls. Both times McCoy was falling before he was touched, and both times you can see his jersey being pulled in an attempt to hold him up.

bluedogok
10/12/2008, 12:38 PM
It doesn't matter where the knee is down, it matters where the ball is when the knee is down. The official was 5 feet from the play and called it a TD.

Just like they need to tell the guy that got the two personal foul penalties for touching Saint McCoy out of bounds your team needs to tell your guys not to touch the punter unless they get a block. Those were both technically RUNNING into the Punter and not Roughing, so they were both 5 yard penalties. You got 3 off the "non" interception call, the NCAA does not have the same interpretation of the rule, he lost the ball on the roll over after he hit the ground. You can call a block in the back on pretty much any return and holding on every play, which for the most part they didn't call against either team.

I do agree though that the officiating sucked pretty evenly and the game wasn't "lost" by those calls (although they didn't help) that lack of defensive execution is what lost the game.

EstablishedSooner1967
10/12/2008, 12:40 PM
Hell.... just give OU the INT and if OU would have not let the kick return happen and stop UT once the game falls in another direction.

HornDawg
10/12/2008, 12:50 PM
To catch, intercept or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to make a catch, interception or recovery must have the ball firmly in his possession when he first returns to the ground inbounds with any part of his body or is so held that the dead-ball provisions of Rule 4-1-3-p apply

1. If one foot first lands inbounds and the receiver has possession and control of the ball, it is a catch or interception even though a subsequent step or fall takes the receiver out of bounds.

2. Loss of ball simultaneous to returning to the ground is not a catch, interception or recovery.

1. He lost the ball simultaneous to hitting the ground.

2. This reminded me of the Drew Kelson non-interception vs USC when he was covering Reggie Bush.

3:07 Kelson Non-Interception (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTZdCRGj-Mc&feature=related newwindow)

starclassic tama
10/12/2008, 12:58 PM

bingo. quit whining about the refs. that is what losers do.

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 01:02 PM
Please stop these threads. Embarrassing.

If you don't want to give the ref a chance to blow the whistle on late hits, NEVER touch the QB when he is out of bounds. To help him stop, to help him up, NEVER...just don't touch him. Travis Lewis should know that.

It was an oskie, but we lost by 10...that led to 3 for the whorns.

King Crimson
10/12/2008, 01:05 PM
It was an oskie, but we lost by 10...that led to 3 for the whorns.

my feelings exactly. we lost because UT played better in the 4th quarter than we did.

Sooner98
10/12/2008, 01:17 PM
Texas won because they were better than OU in most aspects of the game. Simple as that.

Boooom!
10/12/2008, 01:18 PM
Actually... the worst call of the game was to punt on 4th and 3 in the 4thQ with 6+ mins left. OUr D couldnt stop UT ALL DAY...what made the coaches think they could stop them "this time"?

It shall forever be deemed: "The wishing for a miracle punt"..

swardboy
10/12/2008, 01:30 PM
I was fortunate to play on a national championship football team. Our coach's mantra was "Champions overcome adversity." He always emphasized that bad calls are a part of the game. Worthy champions overcome them to win.

Surely we all agree that OU could have overcome the bad calls of the game to win. Heck, as heinous as the last Oregon debacle was, we could have won.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2008, 02:03 PM
Those of you complaining about the refs remind me of my old self during the 2006 NBA Playoffs...or any future year where I posted here to complain about the officiating only to see how stupid I looked, later.

BTW, I got negged for it by certain posters and deservedly so.

CatfishSooner
10/12/2008, 02:10 PM
We did not deserve to win../

HopeSpringsEternal
10/12/2008, 02:14 PM
You people are ****ting yourselves if you think there weren't BLATANT holding calls the refs conveniently missed on big plays by OU. And they were holding calls that CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE PLAY. Sam would've been living life on his *** yesterday if they weren't overlooking those calls. The ref's blew it in both directions. The officiating evened out. The reason OU got beat was because Texas was prepared to win on offense and OU was prepared not to lose it on defense.

DUCKHUNTDAVE
10/12/2008, 02:47 PM
This wasn't the Oregon game bad call debacle. There were probably "more" bad calls versus OU, but it wasn't the reason we lost. We lost by however you want to word it, either McCoy was threading the needle and having a perfect game, or our defense couldn't stop them. We all need to get over the bad calls. It's no excuse. Texas wanted it more and we should have over came some of the bad calls by stopping Texas maybe, I don't know, once or twice???? Anyway, the good news is, if we win out, still may play for the trophy with a possible re-match. Boomer.

Big Red Ron
10/12/2008, 02:55 PM
We stopped stopping texas as soon as Reynolds was lost for the season. Go look at the stats. We lost out Defensive QB and it really messed with the team's ability to get lined up. Crow's a nice player but he's no Reynolds. I hope we have someone with the ability to call the defensive plays and make sure everyone is lined up right.

Big Red Ron
10/12/2008, 02:59 PM
That was, without question an Int. Everyone but a few horns saw it. Congrats to the horns for rushing the kicking team out before the booth got the shot that clearly showed the int,

BTW, all you horns that just showed up after can **** off. You weren't here before because you were scared. I have zero respect for you pussies.

PLaw
10/12/2008, 04:05 PM
Can't find solace in trying to put the blame on the zebras for this one. Bad calls definitely went both ways and you could say kept the game close.

BOOMER

swooperman
10/12/2008, 04:20 PM
1. Lack of Defense

2. Lack of Running Game

You hit the nail on the head right there. I might add this:

3. Letting yet another kickoff return hurt us.

Texas won because they did what they needed to do and we did not. We lost the running game, special teams, and defensive side of the ball. Losing 3 out of 4 major catagories (Offense being the other) is a recipe for a loss against a top 10 team unfortunately. We could have gotten away with that against the Aggies or Cyclones, but not in that game Saturday. Just being realistic.

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2008, 04:28 PM
And:

4. Their OC Greg Davis capitalizing on the loss of Ryan Reynolds by running and throwing right into Crow's area of responsibility for most of the second half, and them being able to execute the plays.

Tailgate
10/12/2008, 04:30 PM
LMFAO.

I thought Bob Stoops summed it up well. Fans should do the same and not look for an excuse.

Jock Ewing
10/12/2008, 04:46 PM
We will operate with Know excuses

MALE918
10/12/2008, 04:51 PM
we do not have a championship coaching staff or championship leadership.

Big Red Ron
10/12/2008, 04:56 PM
we do not have a championship coaching staff or championship leadership.
Yeah, the guy's that won five conference Championship games (1000x more important than a non championship bowl game) and a National championship can't get it done.

We lost one, it happens. We're still one of the best teams in the land!

KC//CRIMSON
10/12/2008, 05:06 PM
1. Lack of Defense

2. Lack of Running Game

Hello reality.

Getem
10/12/2008, 05:47 PM
re: the interception. A closer read of the NCAA rules:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/Football_Rulesadc982b5-03fb-4e27-828c-c2d26b95e6c1.pdf

as he lost the ball when he hit the ground, no interception. As mentioned numerous times, the officiating was otherwise not that great for both teams. You can't blame the OU loss simply on officiating. If you concede that it was running into the kicker, by rule, then you have to concede it was late hits out of bounds, by rule.

Just for the sake of argument, that rule is under the section where a player leaves his feet to make the catch. Doesn't apply here.

HornDawg
10/12/2008, 11:02 PM
How do you land on your *** without leaving your feet?

sooner518
10/12/2008, 11:24 PM
How do you land on your *** without leaving your feet?

by first taking two steps with control of the ball, then falling.

GTFO of here. you have 3 posts. you come after the game talking your weak smack. at least Lid has the brass ones to talk crap the other 364 days of the year, not just the one day after you beat us.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/12/2008, 11:29 PM
by first taking two steps with control of the ball, then falling.

GTFO of here. you have 3 posts. you come after the game talking your weak smack. at least Lid has the brass ones to talk crap the other 364 days of the year, not just the one day after you beat us.

Oh, no. Its the old "i have more posts then you so i am a badass!" argument.
Oklahoma has nobody to blame but ourselves in this game. Maybee its time to start questioning Bob Stoops commitment to this team, seeing as he hasnt won a big game in 5 years.

HornDawg
10/12/2008, 11:51 PM
I've been posting here since 2000. Just haven't posted in a couple of years. Don't know why my count was reset. Post count is irrelevant anyway.

I'm not here talking smack. I just disagree that you lost the game because of a few calls that didn't go your way. I was pointing out the rule the ref was using in his call. It happened to UT vs USC, it happened tonight in the 4th Quarter in the San Diego vs. New England game. It happens.

You thought he had possession before leaving his feet, the ref didn't. He had one foot down right when the ball hit him, on his second step the ball was shifting from his right to his left. He hit the ground and the ball popped out. He had the ball, if he hadn't dropped it then the ref wouldn't be in a position to make the call. You blame the ref, you could just as easily blame the player. He could have held onto the ball. OU was holding the tight end on that play anyway. Where was that call?

It goes both ways. You had plenty of opportunities to win. We scored 2 more TDs after that field goal. How about giving up that 60 yard run late in the 4th quarter?

When OU beats Texas you don't allow UT fans to make excuses, Stoops doesn't make excuses, I don't understand all of these OU fans who now find it acceptable to make excuses just because you lost.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 12:01 AM
Oh, no. Its the old "i have more posts then you so i am a badass!" argument.
Oklahoma has nobody to blame but ourselves in this game. Maybee its time to start questioning Bob Stoops commitment to this team, seeing as he hasnt won a big game in 5 years.

He beat Missouri last year who was number 1 in the nation. And that team is going to kick ya'lls *** this weekend.

FrostySooner
10/13/2008, 01:55 AM
I think the officiating was terrible all together. There were several times in the game where the refs should have stopped play and reviewed. Like the Lamont Robinson pick and the Manuel Johnson touchdown. I am not sure where they got those guys.

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2008, 08:19 AM
As I previously wrote, this game was epic.. or could have been epic... both teams not backing down... great plays.. boneheaded plays... it is a shame the refs were in essence, aggy. They missed calls on both teams.

As for the interception in the end zone (and I thought it was although I was a long way away!).. why didn't Stoops call time out and chew on the officials long enough to give the replay crew a longer opportunity to review it?

Holding not called... illegally downfield on crossing routes not called...

many calls missed...

the fact of the matter is... you're Oklahoma... you have a winning tradition... you have MNCs...

Stop whining about officiating. leave that for the aggy schools and lesser programs.

A-M
10/13/2008, 10:07 AM
This one McCoy had already run for the 1st down, it just tacked on an additional 15 yards.

I wouldn't take away points on this.

Like said above, if you remove the 4 offsides penalties that extended drive, the kick return and the interception (which should have been box reviewed) then it would have been a different game.

2 of the 3 were our fault, not the refs. OU's mistakes, and the poor play calling at crucial times lost the game for us. Not necessarily the reffing.

Don't know about anyone else, but this is what I saw.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 10:17 AM
I've been posting here since 2000. Just haven't posted in a couple of years. Don't know why my count was reset. Post count is irrelevant anyway.

I'm not here talking smack. I just disagree that you lost the game because of a few calls that didn't go your way. I was pointing out the rule the ref was using in his call. It happened to UT vs USC, it happened tonight in the 4th Quarter in the San Diego vs. New England game. It happens.

You thought he had possession before leaving his feet, the ref didn't. He had one foot down right when the ball hit him, on his second step the ball was shifting from his right to his left. He hit the ground and the ball popped out. He had the ball, if he hadn't dropped it then the ref wouldn't be in a position to make the call. You blame the ref, you could just as easily blame the player. He could have held onto the ball. OU was holding the tight end on that play anyway. Where was that call?

It goes both ways. You had plenty of opportunities to win. We scored 2 more TDs after that field goal. How about giving up that 60 yard run late in the 4th quarter?

When OU beats Texas you don't allow UT fans to make excuses, Stoops doesn't make excuses, I don't understand all of these OU fans who now find it acceptable to make excuses just because you lost.

Its because overall OU has some of the worst fans in the nation. They rank right down there with the Colorado Buffaloes. Bitching about calls every-time we lose makes me embarrassed to be a fan of the Sooners.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 11:04 AM
Its because overall OU has some of the worst fans in the nation. They rank right down there with the Colorado Buffaloes. Bitching about calls every-time we lose makes me embarrassed to be a fan of the Sooners.

Dude. The Co Buffs fans throw **** on the field. Bitching isn't even in the same category.

Our fans are awesome. I see tons of tailgates inviting opposing fans in. Happens every home game. Maybe they don't invite you because your an *******.

Sure there is some bitching, but so what? Our fans are knowledgeable and friendly for the most part.

Twat.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 11:08 AM
Dude. The Co Buffs fans throw **** on the field. Bitching isn't even in the same category.

Our fans are awesome. I see tons of tailgates inviting opposing fans in. Happens every home game. Maybe they don't invite you because your an *******.

Sure there is some bitching, but so what? Our fans are knowledgeable and friendly for the most part.

Twat.

Yeah, i was wrong on the Buffaloes comparison..my bad..i meant more on the bandwagon and make excuses for every loss type comparison, not throwing **** on the field. Of course there are some solid fans, and yes, i know how the tailgates work. It just seems to be like two vastly different generations of Sooners fans. The old-timers who are great fans, and all the new fans who jumped back on the bandwagon in 2000. 50% of which are good, the other half? not so much.....

Friendly? for the most part, sure.

Knowledgeable? Not so much.

Bandwagonish? Yup

but yeah, im the "twat"...

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 11:14 AM
Texas fans are more knowledgeable and less bandwagonish than Sooner Fans?

That, my silly little horn friend is funny.

I didn't see you here BEFORE the game but you're no bandwagoner. lol

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 11:23 AM
Texas fans are more knowledgeable and less bandwagonish than Sooner Fans?

That, my silly little horn friend is funny.

I didn't see you here BEFORE the game but you're no bandwagoner. lol

I hate the longhorns.

Im a sooners fan all the way.
Maybe you should have read my posts in this thread were I specifically said I was a sooners fan.

My name on here used to be Mackbrownswallows before some moron changed it to this epically non funny username.

In summation:
I like: The Sooners
I dislike: the Longhorns.

Got it? Or do I need to make it simpler for you.

Sooners- Good
Longhorns- Bad

A Horn
10/13/2008, 11:29 AM
That game was horribly officiated all around.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 11:34 AM
That game was horribly officiated all around.
Not when you view it with Crimson tinted glasses.......

tfphoto
10/13/2008, 11:38 AM
Post from a neutral observer here. I have seen both seen OU and Texas each play once in addition to being at the game Saturday. The refs were horrible. The late hits out of bounds on OU were questionable, but the moral of the story is don't touch a QB 3 yards out of bounds. One of the running into the kicker calls on Texas was legit, the second was shady, but then again, don't touch the kicker when you don't also block the kick.

The interception in the end zone was a judgement call. It could have gone either way. Obviously one of the turning points in the game, along with Reynolds being taken out and the missed fake punt.

Looking back over the game, a few things the referees missed actually helped the Sooners. On more than 1 occasion, the middle screen that OU runs so well was actually an illegal play. Since the blockers were releasing downfield, the ball has to be caught behind the line of scrimmage. It was actually caught 1 yard past it. If any of those are called, it turns bad for the Sooners.

Finally, Orakpo dominated the OU line. There were literally 10-12 take downs by both offensive tackles that were repeatedly ignored.

I am sure both coaches have sent video to the Big 12 offices for review. The refs were horrible.

A Horn
10/13/2008, 11:46 AM
For anyone interested regarding the 'interception' which wasn't.

I thought it was a pick, reading the actual rule, not as much, but when I saw it I cursed and went to the fridge.

see fr-41 to fr-42 page 42 and 43..

To catch, intercept or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to
make a catch, interception or recovery must have the ball firmly in his
possession when he first returns to the ground inbounds with any part of
his body or is so held that the dead-ball provisions of Rule 4-1-3-p apply
1. If one foot first lands inbounds and the receiver has possession
and control of the ball, it is a catch or interception even though a
subsequent step or fall takes the receiver out of bounds.
2. Loss of ball simultaneous to returning to the ground is not a catch,
interception or recovery.
d. A catch by any kneeling or prone inbounds player is a completion or
interception (Rules 7-3-1 and 2 and 7-3-6 and 7).
e. When in question, the catch, recovery or interception is not completed.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, i was wrong on the Buffaloes comparison..my bad..i meant more on the bandwagon and make excuses for every loss type comparison, not throwing **** on the field. Of course there are some solid fans, and yes, i know how the tailgates work. It just seems to be like two vastly different generations of Sooners fans. The old-timers who are great fans, and all the new fans who jumped back on the bandwagon in 2000. 50% of which are good, the other half? not so much.....

Friendly? for the most part, sure.

Knowledgeable? Not so much.

Bandwagonish? Yup

but yeah, im the "twat"...

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.

We aren't like the OK aggies, buffs, KSU fans, LSU, Miami, Irish, Mich, texas, tOSU, or TT fans. We aren't the Husker fans either, but we are changing to that end.

I don't see the bandwagoner thing at all. Most are Sooner born and Sooner bred. I see a few more OU hats pop up when we are ranked, but for god's sake, look at usc fans. What a joke. That is a band wagon. Hollywood starlets wearing usc gear makes me want to stop watching movies.

Knowledgeable? Sure. In general, I can talk pretty good football with an OU fan while a buff fan is just a complete football idiot in most cases.

EVERY student section INCLUDING the Huskers are pricks. They are young and they hate everyone. They like to get drunk and yell **** at the opposition. I don't like it either, but we are more civil and that climate seems to be prevailing since Stoops has arrived.

If you don't want to be called a twat, don't insult the fans on the fan board. That's just simple logic.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 11:55 AM
Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.

We aren't like the OK aggies, buffs, KSU fans, LSU, Miami, Irish, Mich, texas, tOSU, or TT fans. We aren't the Husker fans either, but we are changing to that end.

I don't see the bandwagoner thing at all. Most are Sooner born and Sooner bred. I see a few more OU hats pop up when we are ranked, but for god's sake, look at usc fans. What a joke. That is a band wagon. Hollywood starlets wearing usc gear makes me want to stop watching movies.

Knowledgeable? Sure. In general, I can talk pretty good football with an OU fan while a buff fan is just a complete football idiot in most cases.

EVERY student section INCLUDING the Huskers are pricks. They are young and they hate everyone. They like to get drunk and yell **** at the opposition. I don't like it either, but we are more civil and that climate seems to be prevailing since Stoops has arrived.

If you don't want to be called a twat, don't insult the fans on the fan board. That's just simple logic.
I agree with you 100% on the USC assessment, what a bunch of twats.

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 11:56 AM
You know...

I love these guys like happyclappy that show up after the fact and say they have posted here for years...

I do remember the MackBrownSwallow moniker too...

The reason someone loses post count...I have no idea.

The reason your an a$$ clown is because you were no where to be found prior to kickoff.

What you say and think here is completely irrelevant and your making yourself look like an idiot with all the crimson colored glasses remarks.

The only thing crimson should be your baboon crimson a$$ leaving this board IMO.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=505274

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 12:01 PM
You know...

I love these guys like happyclappy that show up after the fact and say they have posted here for years...

The reason your an a$$ clown is because you were no where to be found prior to kickoff.

What you say and think here is completely irrelevant and your making yourself look like an idiot with all the crimson colored glasses remarks.

The only thing crimson should be your baboon crimson a$$ leaving this board IMO.
Never said I have posted here for years. But I was around last year and have lurked from time to time.
All I have been saying is to take off the crimson colored glasses, and you will realize that the Refs didn't screw us this game, they were bad yes, but they were equal opportunity offenders. It seems like everytime we lose this board comes up with every excuse in the book rather then ask the real questions:

Is stoops really living up to being the highest paid coach in the NCAA?

Do we need a new defensive game-plan/coordinator?

Or people can continue to cry about 'those damn refs'

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:20 PM
Never said I have posted here for years. But I was around last year and have lurked from time to time.
All I have been saying is to take off the crimson colored glasses, and you will realize that the Refs didn't screw us this game, they were bad yes, but they were equal opportunity offenders. It seems like everytime we lose this board comes up with every excuse in the book rather then ask the real questions:

Having Stoops recruit to Norman over schools like texas, ND, Fla, Mia, usc, etc is incredible. Norman isn't the most cosmopolitan of towns.

UTgolfer
10/13/2008, 12:21 PM
Lots of bad calls and non-calls on both sides.

But the hardest to understand was the second call against Lewis. As Maestro pointed out previously Lewis should have been nowhere near him and that was his mistake. Went to the game and couldn't tell what happened from my vantage point but what happened was clear to me when I looked at it on video. Lewis had a slightly different angle to the boundry than McCoy and when both were a couple of steps out of bounds, with McCoy already starting his fall, Lewis' feet clip McCoy's and McCoy essentially trips himself. Lewis looks like he is trying to hold him up and in slow motion you can see that but in real time it looked worse than what it was. Bad call for sure.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 12:22 PM
Having Stoops recruit to Norman over schools like texas, ND, Fla, Mia, usc, etc is incredible. Norman isn't the most cosmopolitan of towns.

Great. But at some point you have to begin to WIN the big games with these players you recruited. He is a very good recruiter and a good coach, dont get me wrong. But is he doing well enough to justify being the highest paid coach in the game?

Tear Down This Wall
10/13/2008, 12:24 PM

We lost the game because we don't cover and tackle.

Again, for the umpteen, millionth time:

(1) Fire Chris Wilson
(2) Move Bobby Jack Wright back to defensive ends coach
(3) Hire a real secondary coach

Loss after loss after loss, it's the same thing - poor coverage and tackling in the secondary.

If Bob Stoops will not hire a real secondary coach and move Bobby Jack Wright back to his useful position, get used to two and three loss seasons. We'll beat everyone we should and lose games to teams with athletes equal to ours.

Fine, right? Many teams would kill to go 10-3 or 11-2. Fine. But, if we want a national title to go along with the myriad of Big 12 titles, do something about our one, constant flaw that has followed us season after season since Mike Stoops and Bo Pelini left.

Final Note: Bob and Brent - if you have an inexperienced middle linebacker and your opponent throws about two dozen consecutive plays at him, stops blizting two players. Leave one back to help him out. Or, not. Maybe you like watching your bliztes fail and your inexperience middle linebacker being beat time after time after time. In other words, make a dadgum "in-game" adjustment! Do we not have even one defensive coach up in the box who could see this? The "geniuses" on the sideline didn't.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:29 PM
Great. But at some point you have to begin to WIN the big games with these players you recruited. He is a very good recruiter and a good coach, dont get me wrong. But is he doing well enough to justify being the highest paid coach in the game?

That's pretty subjective. Given that OU is in Norman, Oklahoma and that OU is always one of the best teams in the country... well, that's huge.

Pete Carroll has ****ing Snoop Dog and Nick Lachey in the locker room for christ's sake. Miami has a beach. It's tough to quantify, but I'd be willing to bet that that is some tough stuff to over come.

We lost to texas this year, but we won last year. We didn't stink up the field. Only one game in recent memory were we truly blown out.. nope. Lost it. Can't remember that game. Anyway, I agree that we should win these stupid bowls, but I think it's only a couple of tweaks and we win a NC.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 12:32 PM

Oh, and I think I'll reserve the right to complain about refs in every game in the history of college football. It's better than it used to be, but the TT and Oregon games from a few years ago prove that something stinks in officiating CFB games.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 12:36 PM
Pete Carroll has ****ing Snoop Dog and Nick Lachey in the locker room for christ's sake. Miami has a beach. It's tough to quantify, but I'd be willing to bet that that is some tough stuff to over come.

Its called free cars and do nothing jobs at Big Red Sports!

I think that beaches and the celeb thing is overplayed a bit. Im sure it factors in a bit, probably more so for the fringe scholarship players, but for the top recruits I imagine they choose who can give them the most exposure, championships and best shot at the pros.

picasso
10/13/2008, 12:43 PM
if you can't tackle then squib bounce kick the damn thing.

if you run a fake punt then block down field.

the white Texas receiver kid is having a big day, you might look for him.

little things Jerry.

BHud
10/13/2008, 12:52 PM
Oh, give it a rest. You got beat by a better game plan, better coaching, and better execution.

Outrushed 48 to 161, with Texas averaging almost 3 YARDS more a carry, yet you beat yourselves?

Whatever. We EARNED every bit of that win, and completely controlled the 4th quarter.

Whorn - We'd much rather you just thank us for giving you the win (we beat ourselves) go on your $%*&-ing merry way and try to hang on to that ranking for your dear life. We will be back in the hunt faster than you think!!
Still a lot of football to be played.

picasso
10/13/2008, 12:57 PM
Oh, give it a rest. You got beat by a better game plan, better coaching, and better execution.

Outrushed 48 to 161, with Texas averaging almost 3 YARDS more a carry, yet you beat yourselves?

Whatever. We EARNED every bit of that win, and completely controlled the 4th quarter.

who says you didn't?

we could have done a few things better on our side to affect the final score.

football isn't a new concept over here.

sooner518
10/13/2008, 01:15 PM

Nowhere did I say that that call or any number of calls lost us the game. All I said was that should have EASILY been reviewed by the booth. It's not like UT sprinted out there and kicked the field goal before they had a chance to think about it. There was a good 30 seconds they should have buzzed the official and look it over. Thats why we have replay. and yes, it was a big play and would hve been a big momentum swing. but thats not what cost us the game. UT made the plays down the stretch they needed to to win. its just annoying that such a great game has so many bad calls against both teams that seem really obvious to anyone watching the game.

ok, so you posted here years and year ago. where were you 3 days ago? you obviously have 4 posts over the last 3 or 4 years, and all 4 of those posts have come since you won. i guess its just a coincidence that the one day in 4 years you decide to grace us with your presence just happens to be the day after OU-Texas. that, my Whorn friend, is lame.

Big Red Ron
10/13/2008, 01:23 PM
You know...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=505274C'mon ban the useless punk.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 01:34 PM
C'mon ban the useless punk.

What is your issue with me man?
Your sending me all these snide comments and stuff. WTF did i ever do to you?

BTW, I am a sooners fan, not a UT fan. I know this is a strange concept for you to comprehend, but try to get it through your head.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 01:35 PM
Its called free cars and do nothing jobs at Big Red Sports!

I think that beaches and the celeb thing is overplayed a bit. Im sure it factors in a bit, probably more so for the fringe scholarship players, but for the top recruits I imagine they choose who can give them the most exposure, championships and best shot at the pros.

They have that stuff everywhere and it's all a factor. Which of the schools that I mentioned don't have a shot at the championship? There are lots of schools in the race.

Don't the coasts get a lot of media exposure? Bigger towns have bigger stations with more coverage and resources.

Big Red is nothing compared to Reggie Bush's treasure chest. There is plenty more were that came from. Can you imagine the hip hop parties in Watts? The bitches, the bling, and the blunts? Yo, Miami probably has all that too... just more spanish words.

Honestly, I don't think that ANY coach should make THAT much money, but I don't think that tickets should cost as much either.

Stoops is still pure greatness. He does need to shore up that D and special teams though.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 01:45 PM
They have that stuff everywhere and it's all a factor. Which of the schools that I mentioned don't have a shot at the championship? There are lots of schools in the race.

Don't the coasts get a lot of media exposure? Bigger towns have bigger stations with more coverage and resources.

Big Red is nothing compared to Reggie Bush's treasure chest. There is plenty more were that came from. Can you imagine the hip hop parties in Watts? The bitches, the bling, and the blunts? Yo, Miami probably has all that too... just more spanish words.

Honestly, I don't think that ANY coach should make THAT much money, but I don't think that tickets should cost as much either.

Stoops is still pure greatness. He does need to shore up that D and special teams though.
Im not so sure about that bigger towns get more coverage.
Alabama, Auburn, OU, Nebraska, Michigan, Georgia etc etc all get plenty of coverage without being in any major cities. West coast teams only get west coast coverage: unless they are USC or UCLA. the midwest gets as much media coverage as any other part of the country in regards to college football.
And yeah, again Norman isn't huge, but it isn't like Stoops came into a college that had never won, OU has had a rich history of winning, great facilities and a very nice stadium. Lets not make it like he just turned around Iowa State or something.
Stoops is a good coach for sure, but eventually he's got to start justifying his ridiculous salary, which means a national championship or even a BCS win once in a while.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 02:17 PM
Im not so sure about that bigger towns get more coverage.
Alabama, Auburn, OU, Nebraska, Michigan, Georgia etc etc all get plenty of coverage without being in any major cities. West coast teams only get west coast coverage: unless they are USC or UCLA. the midwest gets as much media coverage as any other part of the country in regards to college football.
And yeah, again Norman isn't huge, but it isn't like Stoops came into a college that had never won, OU has had a rich history of winning, great facilities and a very nice stadium. Lets not make it like he just turned around Iowa State or something.
Stoops is a good coach for sure, but eventually he's got to start justifying his ridiculous salary, which means a national championship or even a BCS win once in a while.

Dude. The stadium and facilities sucked when Stoops got here. The team was not winning. We stunk.

Nebraska doesn't get any coverage. They suck. Georgia is an underachieving top 5 team every year in an area that has over 6 million people in it. Michigan is a storied program right next to Detroit, another 6,000,000. Auburn and bama don't get great coverage that I have seen unless they are highly ranked (like OU and Neb). tOSU is has 2 mil in the immediate area and is between Cincinatti, Toledo, Canton, Dayton, and Cleveland. Penn State is between Pittsburg, Buffalo, Youngstown and Cleveland.

These are all population rich areas. They are gonna get coverage. OU HAS to acheive to get coverage and entice recruits.

So is he worth it? Well, Stoops puts butts in the seats. Until that stops, he's worth it.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 02:19 PM
Dude. The stadium and facilities sucked when Stoops got here. The team was not winning. We stunk.

Nebraska doesn't get any coverage. They suck. Georgia is an underachieving top 5 team every year in an area that has over 6 million people in it. Michigan is a storied program right next to Detroit, another 6,000,000. Auburn and bama don't get great coverage that I have seen unless they are highly ranked (like OU and Neb). tOSU is has 2 mil in the immediate area and is between Cincinatti, Toledo, Canton, Dayton, and Cleveland. Penn State is between Pittsburg, Buffalo, Youngstown and Cleveland.

These are all population rich areas. They are gonna get coverage. OU HAS to acheive to get coverage and entice recruits.

So is he worth it? Well, Stoops puts butts in the seats. Until that stops, he's worth it.
Why are you bringing up Penn State? When did I ever mention them?

yes, hes putting fans in the seats...but eventually hes got to start winning some BCS games again, right?

soonermeteor
10/13/2008, 03:15 PM
Here are 3 reasons we lost that had nothing to do with bad calls:

1) Special teams touchdown. We had our usual dominant first quarter lead (14-3) and let that lead and the momentum slip away in 5 seconds.

2) The Fake punt. I know a lot of people liked it but I think it was too early and too far to go to call this. We were very close to pulling it off and if we had we would have called it genius, but I believe it was a stupid move and we paid for it. Texas took the lead on the following drive and instead of them playing catch up to us, we were playing catch up to them.

3) Offensive play calling. I need more than one hand to count the number of times we started a drive with some crappy no gain run.

Those all ignored the biggest problem which was our defense, but I think everyone knew going in that Texas was going to score and we would just have to outscore them. The calls were poor but a number 1 team should be able to overcome that. I believe Oklahoma and Texas are both on about the same level but they executed better in the end. No worries though, continue to win and wait for the usual texas crash and burn at the end of the season.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/13/2008, 03:28 PM
The problem with the fake punt is that it was 100% reliant on the punter pulling the whole thing off. I would have been fine with a pass, or even a short snap to an up man (RB, CB, etc) but to expect Knall to run that far.....

but hindsight is 20/20 i suppose

BHud
10/13/2008, 07:33 PM
1. Texas coaching staff had a better plan, and called a better game than Oklahoma's
2. Colt out performed Bradford (see 4th quarter)
3. Rushing: 48 yards, vs 161. Ouch.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 07:38 PM
Why are you bringing up Penn State? When did I ever mention them?

yes, hes putting fans in the seats...but eventually hes got to start winning some BCS games again, right?

He ****ing better. I through in Penn St. to help make my point. I could have used New Mexico as a team that gets lousy coverage. Whatever.

CK Sooner
10/13/2008, 07:39 PM
1. Texas coaching staff had a better plan, and called a better game than Oklahoma's

More than half of those yards were after Reynolds went out.

:texan:

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 07:42 PM

Yeah, sorry. Colt outperformed Bradford? That's just out of the ballpark kinds of stupid.

The rushing thing sounds good. You can goof around with coaching plans and calls all day long, but Colt out playing Bradford? That's just absurd... and I actually LIKE McCoy. It wasn't even kinda close. Are you just trolling?

I'll even give you that with the outcome of the game their performances were even? Just for the sake of argument, ok? But out performed? What?

BHud
10/13/2008, 08:37 PM
I had a really long detailed response, but the server seems to have consumed it so in a nutshell Colt put up back to back 74+ yard drives in the 4th, while Bradford went 3 and out x2.

Yeah, sorry. Colt outperformed Bradford? That's just out of the ballpark kinds of stupid.

The rushing thing sounds good. You can goof around with coaching plans and calls all day long, but Colt out playing Bradford? That's just absurd... and I actually LIKE McCoy. It wasn't even kinda close. Are you just trolling?

I'll even give you that with the outcome of the game their performances were even? Just for the sake of argument, ok? But out performed? What?

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 09:04 PM
I had a really long detailed response, but the server seems to have consumed it so in a nutshell Colt put up back to back 74+ yard drives in the 4th, while Bradford went 3 and out x2.

SO you are only counting the fourth qtr? Is that a good argument to make? One lousy qtr? We get to cherry pick a quarter and say that this guy outperformed that guy? OK. I'll take the first quarter. OU wins ! YEA OU!!!

bluedogok
10/13/2008, 09:21 PM
The problem with the fake punt is that it was 100% reliant on the punter pulling the whole thing off. I would have been fine with a pass, or even a short snap to an up man (RB, CB, etc) but to expect Knall to run that far.....

but hindsight is 20/20 i suppose
If Gresham would have turned around and made a block Knall would have had the first down. Instead he stood around looking at the play while the guy who made the tackle ran right by him.

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 09:34 PM

McCoy did imo get robbed of two TD's. I still think shipley scored on that play, the angle they were showing throws it all off. And then our DT Roy Miller doing the gator chomp on the football instead of catching it.

The stats with those two plays would have been:

Colt - 29-35 for 279 and 3 td's
Bradford - 28-39 for 387 with 5 td's and 1 pick (that last pick shouldn't count against him)

I don't think either outperformed one another.

And yes that is more hypothetical than anything.

BHud
10/14/2008, 12:31 AM
When are Heisman's won? In the first quarter, or in nut cutting time in the 4th?

The 1st quarter obviously counts for something, but when Texas HAD to score, Colt goes on a 74 yard drive where he's 4-4 with 9 yards of rushing. Bradford follows it by going 0-1 on a 3 and out. Colt follows with an 80 yard drive. which Bradford follows with a turnover on downs. (4th down attempt failed.)

Can you honestly say the sense of urgency is the 4th is no different than the first? Seriously?

Mack has been the king of excuses in the past, but the changes on the field are beginning to manifest themselves in fandom. "Big Game Bob" now frequently has the old "I just stepped in dog poo" look that used to perenially adorn MAck's face every 2nd Saturday in OCtober.

I always admired the Sooner program because there was no room for excuses. Now this board is not quite littered....but there are quite a few posts about refs, injuries, etc.

"Texcuses," indeed.

HornDawg
10/14/2008, 01:24 AM
ok, so you posted here years and year ago. where were you 3 days ago? you obviously have 4 posts over the last 3 or 4 years, and all 4 of those posts have come since you won. i guess its just a coincidence that the one day in 4 years you decide to grace us with your presence just happens to be the day after OU-Texas. that, my Whorn friend, is lame.Oh it's no coincidence. I came to see what you guys were saying about the game. I had an opinion, so I posted. I didn't have anything to say after the 2005 or 2006 games, so I didn't.

tfphoto
10/14/2008, 07:36 AM
Is anyone else worried about OU's middle screen to Manny Johnson? It works like a charm almost every time, but more often that not it is an illegal play, because Johnson catches the ball 1 yard past the line of scrimmage with blockers already down field. Sooners have been lucky it hasn't been called yet.

StoopTroup
10/14/2008, 11:47 AM
BTW, I am a sooners fan, not a UT fan. I know this is a strange concept for you to comprehend, but try to get it through your head.

It's hard to tell by some of your posts.

If you really are a Sooner Fan...

You might consider dropping the Mack Brown off your name and go with Happy Clappy.

Just a suggestion.

A Horn
10/14/2008, 12:06 PM
More than half of those yards were after Reynolds went out.

:texan:

Don't forget we had a 30 yard run and an 80 yard run too....

We havent' performed well in the running game really at all this year. If not for those two breaks, our running game looked as bad as ever. These two teams run efficient passing spreads and defend the run well. That's jsut the way it was.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/14/2008, 12:15 PM
It's hard to tell by some of your posts.

If you really are a Sooner Fan...

You might consider dropping the Mack Brown off your name and go with Happy Clappy.

Just a suggestion.
Well I believe that my original name of MackBrownSwallows described quite clearly on what I felt about Texas....can u guys change it back?

boomermagic
10/14/2008, 01:29 PM
1. Lack of Defense

2. Lack of Running Game

BINGO !!!!!!!