PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

jkjsooner
10/12/2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think anyone should claim we have a great offensive line much less the best in the country. A great offensive line can run block. This line can't. These guys may be great a pass blocking but that is like a pitcher with a 97 mph fastball and no off speed pitch. That will have you sitting your career in double A ball.

Leroy Lizard
10/12/2008, 11:18 AM
How much of the OL's accolades were based purely on its size? What exactly have they done to convince everyone they are so wonderful?

St. Louis Sooner
10/12/2008, 11:19 AM
our linemen will go to the NFL ... no doubt; if NFL scouts had to choose between pass and run blocking for a lineman, they'll take pass blockers hands down;

with murray's inability to make the 'cut on a dime' moves he could last year, and madu's position on the depth chart, we don't have a running back who can make things happen ... aka AD; brown is good, but he needs a hole; just sayin ...

aurorasooner
10/12/2008, 11:42 AM
[“I don’t think we ran real hard at times,” offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. “We just kept challenging our guys. We do need to have the balance, but again they were going to commit in certain sets to overload it. That’s is why we passed so much. We don’t want to be one-dimensional.”
I honestly don't think Kevin Wilson gets it. We can't run with virtually no misdirection plays from these one-back running back sets. It hasn't worked against quality Ds with very good DCs and isn't going to work, no matter how much fire KW & Patton try to put under our OL's butts. It sounds like to me from this statement
I don’t think we ran real hard at times WTF. This OU vs Texas and he's saying our RBs didn't run hard yesterday & that's the problem. jmho, but if that's the case, our RB's are getting real tired of repetitive unimaginative running play calls/formations where they keep running into brick walls for a max of a couple of yards gains while praying for a small crease to open.
We do need to have the balance, We don’t want to be one-dimensional. Just get'r'done. If the ""challenge is not working, then go in a different direction with some imaginative running plays blocking schemes. Geeez. I hope I don't have to hear this same drivel after next week's KU game.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 11:46 AM
TCU exposed it and ut exploited it.

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 12:35 PM
Our offensive line has been over-rated for the last 2 years; why should any of us be surprised at this by now?

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 12:41 PM
Also, i totally lost what little respect i had left for Wilson with those comments; he needs to wake the **** up and look in the mirror and see where the real problem is on offense; blaming the RB's for the lack of a run game yesterday is totally low class

okcusooner
10/12/2008, 01:45 PM
Our offensive line has been over-rated for the last 2 years; why should any of us be surprised at this by now?

Watch out. When you say critical, yet truthful, things on this board, you are likely to get pilloried. I made these same observations before the season, and was blasted.

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 01:48 PM
our linemen will go to the NFL ... no doubt; if NFL scouts had to choose between pass and run blocking for a lineman, they'll take pass blockers hands down;

... except for maybe the Denver Broncos:)

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 01:48 PM
Watch out. When you say critical, yet truthful, things on this board, you are likely to get pilloried. I made these same observations before the season, and was blasted.

That's because we respect his opinions.

That's why he is green and you are red.

:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 01:50 PM
I honestly don't think Kevin Wilson gets it. We can't run with virtually no misdirection plays from these one-back running back sets. It hasn't worked against quality Ds with very good DCs and isn't going to work, no matter how much fire KW & Patton try to put under our OL's butts.

WINNER!!!

It's not just about the OL, but how simple our running scheme is. Good defensive lines will not let you just bully them down the field.

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 01:51 PM
WINNER!!!

It's not just about the OL, but how simple our running scheme is. Good defensive lines will not let you just bully them down the field.

I guess that called "coaching";)

BudSooner
10/12/2008, 01:56 PM
TCU exposed it and ut exploited it.

'Zactly, and our special teams were horrible.
I swear, i'm at a loss for words today.....I think i'm going to take some time away from the board for a week or so.
I love this team, thru it all with Blake&Co. and the miserable drunk...I still do but things need to be changed.
I'm not knocking the guys, i'm knocking Wilson for running the damn ball to the outside when we should have been throwing it late in the 4th...I dunno.

AND NO DAMN DEFENSE.

Mr Reynolds excluded, the guy was playing hurt...he has my respect and best wishes...props sir.

okiewaker

We get green because people on this board give a true analysis.

We get red because people like you don't read threads and merely post at randon. A** Kisser

Curly Bill
I guess that called "coaching";)

It's called having a Big-10 guy as your OC.

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 01:58 PM
We get green because people on this board give a true analysis.

We get red because people like you don't read threads and merely post at randon. A** Kisser

Dude, do you know how to spell?

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 01:58 PM
It's called having a Big-10 guy as your OC.

... and we've all seen how they've performed in the "big games"!

okcusooner
10/12/2008, 02:11 PM

Let's be very clear about this. You are a loser, and the little clique you associate with is a joke.

Your leader tabs himself with the sophmoric, "Otis of Drunkytown". Another claims to be one of Otis' "posse managers". Yet a third sees fit to name himself with a character from a Western (probably still uses a nightlight and wears Superman pajamas).

The insight and intelligence of your posts have been inversely proportional to the amount of posts.

Your ilk is precisely the stereotypic mindless trash that probably comprises
3-5% of any major college team fanbase. For USC it's the thugs and vatos from Compton and Watts, for OU its you. "

Do us and yourself a favor, follow Mark Twain's advice about "It being better to stay silent and thought a fool..."

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 02:14 PM
Let's be very clear about this. You are a loser, and the little clique you associate with is a joke.

Your leader tabs himself with the sophmoric, "Otis of Drunkytown". Another claims to be one of Otis' "posse members". Yet a third sees fit to name himself with a character from a Western (probably still uses a nightlight and wears Superman pajamas).

The insight and intelligence of your posts have been inversely proportional to the amount of posts.

3-5% of any major college team fanbase. For USC it's the thugs and vatos from Compton and Watts, for OU its you. "

Do us and yourself a favor, follow Mark Twain's advice about "It being better to stay silent and thought a fool..."

I'm a history buff and Curly Bill is an actual historic personality, but don't let that stop your ignorant rant.

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:15 PM

Your leader tabs himself with the sophmoric, "Otis of Drunkytown". Another claims to be one of Otis' "posse managers". Yet a third sees fit to name himself with a character from a Western (probably still uses a nightlight and wears Superman pajamas).

Let me explain this to you again.

You Are Red.

No One Here Likes You, So Why Are You Still Here?

:pop:

okcusooner
10/12/2008, 02:17 PM
I'm a history buff and Curly Bill is an actual historic personality, but don't let that stop your ignorant rant.

Nobody said a history buff couldn't be a loser. In fact, you prove the proposition.

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 02:18 PM
Nobody said a history buff couldn't be a loser. In fact, you prove the proposition.

Ouch, your words are so mean and hurtful. :P

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:19 PM
Reply to my statement please.

:D

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 02:29 PM
Can't we all just get along? We are all OU fans and are going to disagree from time to time, but let's not make it personal and get back to fighting the real enemy: KW and BV ;)

okcusooner
10/12/2008, 02:31 PM
Reply to my statement please.

Here is my reply. I am logging off and going on with the rest of my day. There are other people like me who love OU, but keep things in proportion.

Because I have a life, I don't have time nor inclination to accumulate thousands of posts.

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:31 PM
Can't we all just get along? We are all OU fans and are going to disagree from time to time, but let's not make it personal and get back to fighting the real enemy: KW and BV ;)

He is the only one getting personal.

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 02:39 PM
:D :D
He is the only one getting personal.

Nothing personal, but, it's seems that no one likes you, I personaly don't care. Just getting the perspective:D

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:50 PM

Nothing personal, but, it's seems that no one likes you, I personaly don't care. Just getting the perspective:D

The only people that don't like me here are the two n00bs.

You and OKCUSooner.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 08:58 PM
Bump...

lloyd45
10/13/2008, 09:04 PM
Texas D-line played great too though. I don't think its fair just to say you're o-line is bad. Give credit were credit is due.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 09:13 PM
Here is my reply. I am logging off and going on with the rest of my day. There are other people like me who love OU, but keep things in proportion.

Because I have a life, I don't have time nor inclination to accumulate thousands of posts.

...but you have plenty of time to be a pompous *** apparently. I suspect you just verbally 'post' to the people that you associate with... and they are probably mentally negging you.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2008, 09:14 PM
Texas D-line played great too though. I don't think its fair just to say you're o-line is bad. Give credit were credit is due.

... and yeah you are right, but seriously, our O line has been like this the last few games.

adoniijahsooner
10/13/2008, 09:18 PM

Texas has 4 seniors on the d-line, and those guys are beast. We scored 35 points with no run game, so we still should have won that game.

OUinFLA
10/13/2008, 09:20 PM
wait.............you can mentally neg someone?

can the Mods read that?

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 09:39 PM

Dip wad
I said Otis cause I know My peeps here .
It would be well advised to Learn the folks yer interacting with Before you go running yer Syphlitic Mouth
Jes sayin :rolleyes:

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 09:40 PM
The only people that don't like me here are the two n00bs.

You and OKCUSooner.

Don't be so sure. I don't like the way you're acting in this thread and I don't think you've been here long enough to be the board authority regarding validity of people's opinions. It's not like the 10 or so 1-sentence posts you make per day are brilliantly insightful or anything.

If it weren't for your avatar, you might be red too. ;)

“I don’t think we ran real hard at times,” offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said.

In the spirit of fairness... could Wilson be speaking about the "run game" in general, including the blockers -- or was he singling out the RB's?

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 09:41 PM
CK = good peoples

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 09:43 PM

I like the little twit :P

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 09:44 PM
I like the way CK can get some peeps riled up.

I'll say this for him: he ain't skeered.

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 09:52 PM
I like the way CK can get some peeps riled up.

I'll say this for him: he ain't skeered.

I Trained Him well :cool:

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 09:53 PM
OLEVET POSSE bout all there is to it.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 10:01 PM
OLEVET POSSE bout all there is to it.

Kinda like the ol' NWO.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1618/nwo63300flp3.jpg

CK Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:03 PM
nm

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry, I wasn't on today and just got to read this.

I just looked at your post history........

PQ is cool
him and I dont always see eye to eye But I spek him .;)

CK Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:06 PM
PQ is cool
him and I dont always see eye to eye But I spek him .;)

He is cool in my book too.

But I guess my one word posts don't impress him very much.

(when are you making the thread!?)

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 10:24 PM
He is cool in my book too.

But I guess my one word posts don't impress him very much.

(when are you making the thread!?)

tomorrow
:cool:

CK Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:28 PM
tomorrow
:cool:

This thread got one starred.

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 10:32 PM
Okay -- i apologize for that, CK. that was harsh. It's not like my "Box" jokes add much so I cant really talk now, can I :)

I've known some would-be good posters who were run off before they got to 20 posts so I got a little crabby when I saw noobs getting treated like.. noobs. I have to admit I don't know either of those guys posting history so I apologize for ackin a fool.

****, I've been crabby since about 2:00pm Saturday :O :mad:

But ole vet, when have we ever verbally disagreed?? I cant think of one time.

CK Sooner
10/13/2008, 10:36 PM
Okay -- i apologize for that, CK. that was harsh. It's not like my "Box" jokes add much so I cant really talk now, can I :)

I've known some would-be good posters who were run off before they got to 20 posts so I got a little crabby when I saw noobs getting treated like.. noobs. I have to admit I don't know either of those guys posting history so I apologize for ackin a fool.

It's cool man, I'm sorry too.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/disturbedgrl828/best_friend_thumb.jpg

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 10:48 PM
lmao :D

you = no need to apologize. I am the *** Hat.

Koo-koo kachoo

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 10:50 PM

You Dissed Natty that One time. And Ive nevar forgiven You :P

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 11:01 PM
LOL! naw, just sayin' Milwaukee's Best was the Natty Light of the 80's......

oh wait .... okay, my bad :)

olevetonahill
10/13/2008, 11:05 PM
LOL! naw, just sayin' Milwaukee's Best was the Natty Light of the 80's......

oh wait .... okay, my bad :)

There Ya go again :mad:

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2008, 11:14 PM
LOL! :D

Milwaukee's Bunk.....that **** was nasty but it was cheap! A case was like 8 bucks or something

okay I won't make that comparison again. I fear your neghammer, vet

RedstickSooner
10/24/2008, 12:38 AM
So, our offensive line has been bugging me, too. Is it just coaching? We've got this massive line with guys who've been starting for four straight years, who are all massive, and supposedly all well conditioned... You'd think we'd just push people around out there. Instead, our line has looked just average.

Should we change our philosophy in general about what kind of line we get? Maybe we need faster linemen -- the sorts that they use in the Pac-10, smaller guys, but more athletic. Hell, same goes for our defense. I get tired of hearing the talking heads talk about how fast we are on defense, as it sure seemed to me we were a lot faster when we had those undersized guys at the start of Bob's career. But maybe that's just faulty, fuzzy memories on my part.