PDA

View Full Version : Programming note for Sunday 10-12-08, please reserve comments until after

85Sooner
10/12/2008, 10:33 AM
HELLO EVERYONE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

SEAN HANNITY, OF HANNITY & COLMES ~ FOX NEWS,
IS GOING TO AIR A VERYIMPORTANT DOCUMENTARY
ABOUT BARACK OBAMA,

SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9:00 PM.

HE STATED ON THE AIR THIS EVENING THAT NO ONE IN THE NEWS MEDIA WAS WILLING TO DO THIS.

HANNITY IS GOING BACK TO OBAMA'S EARLIER DAYS, SHOWING EVEN THEN HIS TIES TO RADICAL PROFESSORS, FRIENDS, SPIRITUAL ADVISERS, Etc.,

HE STATED THIS EVENING THAT HE WILL SHOW IN DETAIL HIS TIES TO REV. WRIGHT FOR 20+ YRS (which we all know) HOW HE WAS PARTICIPATING WITH THIS MAN, AND NOT FOR THE REASONS HE STATES!

HE HAS UNCOVERED MORE OF OBAMA'S RADICAL LEADERS AND WE WILL SEE THINGS THAT NO ONE IN THE MEDIA IS WILLING TO PUT OUT THERE.

THIS WILL BE A NIGHT THAT YOU WILL KNOW MORE ABOUT OBAMA THAN EVER BEFORE.

HANNITY IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AND ASKED THAT EVERYONE PLEASE, PLEASE WATCH~~

SUNDAY NIGHT, 9 PM.

HANNITY IS DETERMINED THIS INFORMATION BE PUT OUT THERE BECAUSE AS AMERICAN'S, WE STILL DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OBAMA!!

WAKE UP AMERICA !!

THIS IS SERIOUS,EVERYONE.

I KNOW MOST OF YOU WATCH FOX NEWS, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR, BUT IF YOU CAN,

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

THIS IS CRITICAL FOR OUR COUNTRY.

MY PRAYER IS THAT WE, ALONG WITH SEAN HANNITY,

WILL REACH SOMEONE/ANYONE BEFORE NOV. 4th.

WE MUST NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/12/2008, 11:01 AM
Is it 9 PM Central?

jkjsooner
10/12/2008, 11:06 AM
I say we need a new rule. If someone posts something in all caps it gets immediately deleted.

And, 85, I'd say half of the posters stop reading when they see all caps.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 11:08 AM
Is this cut/pasted from something in your Inbox? Seriously, is it?

No need to wait to comment...Hannity is a hack.

Penguin
10/12/2008, 11:46 AM
Oh. So, I guess there is no doubt that if Obama wins, he will order the military to carry out terrorist attacks against the American people.

Just because he can.

Mjcpr
10/12/2008, 12:07 PM
Oh. So, I guess there is no doubt that if Obama wins, he will order the military to carry out terrorist attacks against the American people.

Just because he can.

Yes and nobody will be able to do anything about it no matter what because he's the President and may act with impunity.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 12:32 PM
I think 85Sooner may actually be my mother.

This is the kind of thing she e-mails me.

soonerboomer93
10/12/2008, 12:47 PM
caps lock

it's your friend

learn how to use it...

85Sooner
10/12/2008, 01:25 PM

Be quite and eat your spinach. It makes Popeye strong ;)

Yeah it was a media release sorry for the caps. I was not yelling.

texas bandman
10/12/2008, 01:27 PM

My Mom used to send these things, but I've got her convinced to vote for Obama. So there's at least one vote for Obama in the heart of Little Dixie. :D

texas bandman
10/12/2008, 01:31 PM
Any thinking person won't give Hannity a second thought. He's a partisan hack.

SoonerBorn68
10/12/2008, 01:36 PM
...and anybody in band wasn't good enough to play sports.

Same analogy, different subject.

badger
10/12/2008, 01:37 PM
According to this (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977475420), 8 p.m. Oklahoma time.

And according to this (http://www.foxnews.com/hannitysamerica/index.html), it is not just an e-mail rumor, but actually going to happen.

PDXsooner
10/12/2008, 01:40 PM
i'm sure it'll be fair and balanced.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 01:59 PM
The right has mismanaged this campaign from the beginning. They should have made efforts at discrediting him over the summer and then focused on policy issues this fall. At this point the right seems desperate. This campaign has done a terrible job of conveying their message and I don't know if they have enough time left to break through.

Penguin
10/12/2008, 02:05 PM
There has been so much hatred and ignorance involved in this campaign.

I am genuinely concerned about Obama's personal safety if he becomes president.

Jerk
10/12/2008, 02:16 PM

Just because he can.

What will this be used for?

Obama (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-national-servicejul03,0,5754842.story): "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/silence/archives/2008/07/what_is_obamas.shtml

texas bandman
10/12/2008, 02:17 PM
We can't win on the issues so let's slander the man...I'm tired of Hannitty's tirades when anyone who disagrees with him is on his show....he's lost any credibilty by his actions.

Chuck Bao
10/12/2008, 02:20 PM
I think there will be much more important and real news on TV on Sunday. Hopefully, we will get a more concrete idea on how the Bush administration and Fed Chairman Bernanke plan to restore confidence in the banking system.

85Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:21 PM
Damn folks. Check it out then comment. F'in know it alls

Better to be an informed idiot than an ignorant one yes?

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 02:23 PM

Obama (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-national-servicejul03,0,5754842.story): "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

To imprison folks like you, of course.

Jerk
10/12/2008, 02:27 PM
To imprison folks like you, of course.

I'm sure that would thrill you to no end.

Remember, when there's a party, I can bring my own beer.

Jerk
10/12/2008, 02:27 PM
We can't win on the issues so let's slander the man...I'm tired of Hannitty's tirades when anyone who disagrees with him is on his show....he's lost any credibilty by his actions.

Don't fool yourself that you're going to win on issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqAiarOhC2U

Jerk
10/12/2008, 02:45 PM
Oh, and Johnny, remember that you can't imprison too many of us. Who is going to pay the taxes to fund your welfare state if we're all in jail?

badger
10/12/2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, point of football information:

1- Did any of you watch ESPN College Gameday yesterday?

2- Did anyone who watched ESPN College Gameday notice the signs behind the camera?

3- If you watched and paid attention to the signs, did you see "I QUIT MY JOB. THAT'S OK, BAMA WILL TAKE CARE OF ME."

I thought that was silly and odd at first, but figured "Well, he's betting for/against Alabama, so that'll get him money like his job used to."

Then, I see the sign later in the broadcast. "BAMA," as it turns out, was "OBAMA" with the Texas Fair winds covering up the sign's "O."

He should have kept it as "BAMA." Much funnier :D

Okla-homey
10/12/2008, 03:51 PM
The right has mismanaged this campaign from the beginning. They should have made efforts at discrediting him over the summer and then focused on policy issues this fall. At this point the right seems desperate. This campaign has done a terrible job of conveying their message and I don't know if they have enough time left to break through.

Oh please.

What is your guys' message? Change! WTF that means. A chicken in every pot and freebies for all. Same old populist drivel warmed over and repackaged.

BHO just lacks the midget with a miniature broom Homer Stokes had in Oh Brother.

I suspect if BHO wins, he'll eventually be run out of town on a rail because he won't be able to deliver on any of it. He's already backpedaling on universal healthcare thank goodness.

If he does manage to win, I'll support him as my president, but I do hope he doesn't try to do too much too fast. I still remember the last Populist presidential administration, which was a complete disaster.

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2008, 03:54 PM
A bigger moron on TV than Sean Hannity there is not.

Okla-homey
10/12/2008, 03:56 PM
A bigger moron on TV than Sean Hannity there is not.

Obermann.

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2008, 04:11 PM
Obermann.

Olbermann, though wrong and obnoxious, at least has an above refrigerator temperature IQ.

10/12/2008, 04:59 PM
Olbermann, though wrong and obnoxious, at least has an above refrigerator temperature IQ.Do you think Bush is stupid, too?

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2008, 05:04 PM
Do you think Bush is stupid, too?

I don't think he's stupid, but I don't think he's intellectually curious either.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 05:13 PM
See 85, that's the deal. Neg me again for soiling your thread here or whatever. Hannity doesn't really inform anyone. He'll tell you things that you'll believe because you want to. He'll tell me things that I can easily dismiss. Neither he, nor his show, what most folks watch to learn anything.

Like when I listen to Democracy Now-The War and Peace Report on NPR. I know it's liberal hacks then. And I take it with a grain of salt.
I'll probably skim the transcript, but not watch the whole show because Hannity hasn't had a show yet that I thought was a good investment of my time. It's like an informercial. He really wants me to buy what he's selling. And I know it's crap that I'm better off without.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 05:25 PM
I suspect if BHO wins, he'll eventually be run out of town on a rail because he won't be able to deliver on any of it.

That's the deal with both guys right now. Neither guy is going to be able to deliver much. McCain isn't able to tax-cut the country to financial solvency and Obama isn't able to spend much on his programs.

Until the bailout and war are paid for, neither should be done either, IMO.

And it pi$$es me off. We don't have the $$ to do good things for the country like fix SS or Medicare, but we still pay for AIG junkets. Ridiculous.

lexsooner
10/12/2008, 05:37 PM
See 85, that's the deal. Neg me again for soiling your thread here or whatever. Hannity doesn't really inform anyone. He'll tell you things that you'll believe because you want to. He'll tell me things that I can easily dismiss. Neither he, nor his show, what most folks watch to learn anything.

Like when I listen to Democracy Now-The War and Peace Report on NPR. I know it's liberaly hacks then. And I take it with a grain of salt.
I'll probably skim the transcript, but not watch the whole show because Hannity hasn't had a show yet that I thought was a good investment of my time. It's like an informercial. He really wants me to buy what he's selling. And I know it's crap that I'm better off without.

Dead on, Rogue. The problem with pundits is they are essentially entertainers, so they feed their audiences what they want to hear, so they will keep tuning in and the pundits can sell ads and their shows and make money. People like Hannity and Limbaugh will always have a right wing take on an issue, and will always come up some great revelation which stirs up their conservative audiences, because they know these folks eat it up. It might be fun and entertaining to listen if you a right winger, but don't ever think it is serious journalism. Serious journalism can be dry and complex, and it takes patience and requires one to discern truths, so some would rather have it quick, dirty, and entertaining, shoveled in their mouths like a fast food Happy Meal.

85Sooner
10/12/2008, 05:38 PM
Give the Gosh Damn Show a chance before you spout off. **** I have never seen so many knowitalls that are not willing to gather information.

Obama supporters are starting to remind me of Longhorn fans. Deny the Facts we are the BEST Argh.

Sorry, Being older make one cranky

Rogue
10/12/2008, 05:52 PM
Give the Gosh Damn Show a chance before you spout off.

You realize this is the SO, don't you?

10/12/2008, 07:16 PM
Starts in 40 minutes.

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 07:19 PM

Better to be an informed idiot than an ignorant one yes?

You'd think, but really?

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 07:42 PM
I got no need to watch it. I know it will be discussed at length here.

If he brings up things that aren't related to:
William Ayers; Jeremiah Wright; ACORN; Where was he really born?; Is he really a Muslim?; I will be stunned.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 07:46 PM
HANNITY IS DETERMINED THIS INFORMATION BE PUT OUT THERE BECAUSE AS AMERICAN'S, WE STILL DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OBAMA!!

This is my favorite line right here though. What don't we know about Obama, a man who has been openly running for POTUS for 2 years?

I think the better question is, what don't Americans know about Sarah Palin, the woman running for VP since last month?

soonerhubs
10/12/2008, 07:47 PM
2 Questions that I really don't feel like putting in a fresh thread:
1) What would be the benefits of increased federal spending?
2) Which candidate would most likely increase federal spending the most?

Forgive me 85. I plan to watch this show as well tonight, but that means DVR'ing Desperate Housewives. :D

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 07:49 PM
2 Questions that I really don't feel like putting in a fresh thread:
1) What would be the benefits of increased federal spending?
2) Which candidate would most likely increase federal spending the most?

Forgive me 85. I plan to watch this show as well tonight, but that means DVR'ing Desperate Housewives. :D

:eek:

10/12/2008, 08:26 PM
Hannity is effing up royally, by having the leftist commentators. Plus, I sorta thought there would be some new info on Obama's background.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, this is really groundbreaking.

Thanks for wasting my 30 minutes.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah, this is really groundbreaking.

Thanks for wasting my 30 minutes.

So JM, was I right? just Ayers and Wright crap?

Soonerus
10/12/2008, 08:31 PM
I do not think it is on, at least not on FOX....

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 08:46 PM
So JM, was I right? just Ayers and Wright crap?

Nothing, I mean nothing new was revealed. It was Hannity and three analysts (two of whom were Ds) talking for 30 minutes. Big whoop.

swardboy
10/12/2008, 08:51 PM
I don't understand how some of you people blow off the Ayers realtionship:

Of the day he bombed the Pentagon, Ayers says, “Everything was absolutely ideal. ... The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them.”
On another occasion, Ayers stated: “There’s something about a good bomb … Night after night, day after day, each majestic scene I witnessed was so terrible and so unexpected that no city would ever again stand innocently fixed in my mind. Big buildings and wide streets, cement and steel were no longer permanent. They, too, were fragile and destructible. A torch, a bomb, a strong enough wind, and they, too, would come undone or get knocked down.”
All told, Ayers and Weatherman were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. “I don’t regret setting bombs, said Ayers in 2001, “I feel we didn’t do enough.”
In 1970, Ayers’ then-girlfriend Diana Oughton, along with Weatherman members Terry Robbins and Ted Gold, were killed when a bomb they were constructing exploded unexpectedly. That bomb had been intended for detonation at a dance that was to be attended by army soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Hundreds of lives could have been lost had the plan been successfully executed. Ayers attested that the bomb would have done serious damage, “tearing through windows and walls and, yes, people too.”
After the death of his girlfriend, Ayers and his current wife, Bernardine Dohrn, spent the 1970s as fugitives running from the FBI. In 1980 the two surrendered, but all charges against them were dropped due to an “improper surveillance” technicality. Ayers’ comment on his life, as reported by Peter Collier and David Horowitz in their authoritative chapter on Weatherman in Destructive Generation, is this: “Guilty as sin, free as a bird, America is a great country.”
Notwithstanding his violent past, Ayers today does not describe himself as a terrorist. “Terrorists destroy randomly,” he reasons, “while our actions bore ... the precise stamp of a cut diamond. Terrorists intimidate, while we aimed only to educate.”
In Fugitive Days, Ayers reflects on whether or not he might use bombs against the U.S. in the future. “I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility,” he writes.

BHO launches his political career in Ayers' living room
BHO's wife works 10 years before that in same law office as Ayers' wife
BHO serves on two boards with Ayers

But hey, after 20 years BHO didn't know what his preacher was preachin'.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 08:58 PM
I don't understand how some of you people blow off the Ayers realtionship:

Of the day he bombed the Pentagon, Ayers says, “Everything was absolutely ideal. ... The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them.”
On another occasion, Ayers stated: “There’s something about a good bomb … Night after night, day after day, each majestic scene I witnessed was so terrible and so unexpected that no city would ever again stand innocently fixed in my mind. Big buildings and wide streets, cement and steel were no longer permanent. They, too, were fragile and destructible. A torch, a bomb, a strong enough wind, and they, too, would come undone or get knocked down.”
All told, Ayers and Weatherman were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. “I don’t regret setting bombs, said Ayers in 2001, “I feel we didn’t do enough.”
In 1970, Ayers’ then-girlfriend Diana Oughton, along with Weatherman members Terry Robbins and Ted Gold, were killed when a bomb they were constructing exploded unexpectedly. That bomb had been intended for detonation at a dance that was to be attended by army soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Hundreds of lives could have been lost had the plan been successfully executed. Ayers attested that the bomb would have done serious damage, “tearing through windows and walls and, yes, people too.”
After the death of his girlfriend, Ayers and his current wife, Bernardine Dohrn, spent the 1970s as fugitives running from the FBI. In 1980 the two surrendered, but all charges against them were dropped due to an “improper surveillance” technicality. Ayers’ comment on his life, as reported by Peter Collier and David Horowitz in their authoritative chapter on Weatherman in Destructive Generation, is this: “Guilty as sin, free as a bird, America is a great country.”
Notwithstanding his violent past, Ayers today does not describe himself as a terrorist. “Terrorists destroy randomly,” he reasons, “while our actions bore ... the precise stamp of a cut diamond. Terrorists intimidate, while we aimed only to educate.”
In Fugitive Days, Ayers reflects on whether or not he might use bombs against the U.S. in the future. “I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility,” he writes.

BHO launches his political career in Ayers' living room
BHO's wife works 10 years before that in same law office as Ayers' wife
BHO serves on two boards with Ayers

But hey, after 20 years BHO didn't know what his preacher was preachin'.

Ayers and Obama served on separate boards associated with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, an education-reform group that Obama began chairing in March 1995 and continued to work with through 2000. Ayers served on the Chicago School Reform Collaborative, which made recommendations to the board on grant awards during those years. Ayers and Obama occasionally would see each other in those roles.

Also, Ayers served alongside Obama between December 1999 and December 2002 on the board of the not-for-profit Woods Fund of Chicago. That board met four times a year, and members would see each other at dinners the group hosted.

The RNC's statement that "Obama's first campaign was launched at a gathering at Mr. Ayers' home" stems from a 1995 "meet-and-greet" coffee that Ayers and Dohrn held for Obama at their home when Obama was making his first run for the Illinois Senate. Obama's presidential campaign has described the event as an opportunity for Ayers and Dohrn to introduce Obama to their neighbors.

The Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) was a Chicago public school reform project from 1995 to 2001 that worked with half of Chicago's public schools and was funded by a $49.2 million, 2-to-1 matching challenge grant over five years from the Annenberg Foundation. The grant was contingent on being matched by $49.2 million in private donations and $49.2 million in public money.[1] The Chicago Annenberg Challenge was one of 18 locally designed Annenberg Challenge project sites that received $387 million over five years as part of Walter Annenberg's gift of $500 million over five years to support public school reform. The Chicago Annenberg Challenge helped create a successor organization, the Chicago Public Education Fund (CPEF), committing $2 million in June 1998 as the first donor to Chicago's first community foundation for education.

Thats how

Oh, and just for ****s and giggles

On Wednesday morning, John McCain's campaign released a list of 100 former ambassadors endorsing the GOP presidential nominee.

Second on the list, though her name is misspelled, is Leonore Annenberg, currently the president and chairman of the Annenberg Foundation and widow of ambassador and philanthropist Walter Annenberg. Ms. Annenberg was herself the "chief of protocol" at the State Department under President Reagan.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 09:03 PM
I don't understand how some of you people blow off the Ayers realtionship

Robert Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. John McCain worked with Byrd on countless occassions. I can't believe John McCain pals around with Klan members.

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 09:06 PM
Robert Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. John McCain worked with Byrd on countless occassions. I can't believe John McCain pals around with Klan members.

Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is the name of several past and present secret domestic terrorist organizations in the United States, generally in the southern states, that are best known for advocating white supremacy and acting as vigilantes while hidden behind conical masks and white robes. The KKK has a record of terrorism, violence, and lynching to intimidate and oppress African Americans, Jews, and Roman Catholics during periods of turmoil.

:eek:

10/12/2008, 09:09 PM
Robert Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. John McCain worked with Byrd on countless occassions. I can't believe John McCain pals around with Klan members.I'm sure if William Ayers was elected to the Senate, McCain would have to work with him, too.

swardboy
10/12/2008, 09:10 PM
Right along with good ol' demo Robert lynch 'em Byrd.

swardboy
10/12/2008, 09:12 PM

Why do you hate community activists?

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 09:22 PM
I'm sure if William Ayers was elected to the Senate, McCain would have to work with him, too.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Obama should have said "Screw trying to improve education! If I have to work with that guy, the kids can rott in hell!"

Or perhaps something along those lines?

Oh, right, you got me on iggy, can someone of the RLIMC persuasion answer that for me? What was Obama to do if he wanted to work with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge to improve schools?

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 09:23 PM

LOL, this was the best you could come up with? You should rest more instead of standing guard on here 24/7 to leap to Brack's defense.

def_lazer_fc
10/12/2008, 09:39 PM
I have never seen so many knowitalls that are not willing to gather information.

you aren't willing to gather information either. you are willing to get it spoon fed to you by a partisan hack.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 09:44 PM
LOL, this was the best you could come up with? You should rest more instead of standing guard on here 24/7 to leap to Brack's defense.

I was just having some fun, go watch Sean Hannity. :P

Curly Bill
10/12/2008, 09:48 PM
I was just having some fun, go watch Sean Hannity. :P

I have watched almost no news coverage as of late. I figure I'll keep on doing that for the foreseeable future.

In other words: beyond coming on here and mixing it up with you lefties some, and I haven't done much of that lately, I'm done.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 09:51 PM
I'm sure that would thrill you to no end.

Remember, when there's a party, I can bring my own beer.

I don't want you imprisoned you ninny. I'm gonna need someone to give me a ride down to OleVet's place once the world goes to ****. I'm watching The Postman right now to get some tips.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 09:52 PM
Oh please.

What is your guys' message? Change! WTF that means. A chicken in every pot and freebies for all. Same old populist drivel warmed over and repackaged.

BHO just lacks the midget with a miniature broom Homer Stokes had in Oh Brother.

I suspect if BHO wins, he'll eventually be run out of town on a rail because he won't be able to deliver on any of it. He's already backpedaling on universal healthcare thank goodness.

If he does manage to win, I'll support him as my president, but I do hope he doesn't try to do too much too fast. I still remember the last Populist presidential administration, which was a complete disaster.

Do you feel that your candidate has done an effective job of conveying his message not to his base, but to the undecideds who will decide this election?

Sooner_Havok
10/12/2008, 10:50 PM
Come on guys. Anyone. What should Obama have done?

Sooner_Havok
10/13/2008, 05:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you think Obama should have said "Screw trying to improve education! If I have to work with that guy, the kids can rott in hell!"

Or perhaps something along those lines?

Oh, right, you got me on iggy, can someone of the RLIMC persuasion answer that for me? What was Obama to do if he wanted to work with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge to improve schools?

Really, no one has an opinion on what Obama should have done in this situation. Wow, I am stunned.

Vaevictis
10/13/2008, 05:56 PM

Stopping terrorism requires police work. Stopping domestic terrorism requires police work State-side.

The military is prohibited from doing police work State-side. Ergo, we need a strong, capable police force if you really want to stop domestic terrorism.

Of course, there's a reason why the military is prohibited from doing police work State-side. And it's a good reason -- essentially the same issue as you're implying with your post.

Rhetorical Question: Are you willing to suffer a higher risk of successfully executed domestic terrorism to stop from having too strong of a police force? Or will you suffer a stronger police force to stop domestic terrorism?

LosAngelesSooner
10/13/2008, 06:35 PM

Better to be an informed idiot than an ignorant one yes?Sean Hannity is an ignorant idiot.

I'm afraid this will do more damage to McCain's chances. I can hear him issuing a statement distancing himself from Sean Hannity's "reporting" already. McCain needs smart, informed supporters. Not knee jerk reactionaries who spread hatred and fear without any basis in fact.

It's the lowest common denominator.

What a doosh...

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2008, 07:01 PM
I can not watch the show since it's hosted by Hannity. I was once a huge Hannity fan. I watched his TV show, listened to him on the radio, etc. Over time, I realized the guy is just a hack without an original thought in his head. Honest to God, the dude just says the SAME **** over and over and over again. There's nothing original about him. There's nothing in what he presents that makes me think critically on any issue.

Watching Hannity is simply mental masturbation for conservatives who can't do their own analyzing err reading the latest GOP talking points themselves. I'm sorry if that sounds rude or elitist, and I don't mean to insult anyone but for God's sake...Sean Hannity? You have to be kidding.

LosAngelesSooner
10/13/2008, 07:03 PM
By the way...about the "source":

Sean Hannity graduated in 1980 from St. Pius X Preparatory Seminary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pius_X_Preparatory_Seminary) high school, located in Uniondale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniondale,_New_York), New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York). Described as "an indifferent student",[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity#cite_note-autogenerated1-3) Hannity dropped out of New York University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_University) for financial reasons and later decided to pursue a radio career.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity#cite_note-rightfielder-2) In 2005, Jerry Falwell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell), chancellor of Liberty University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_University) awarded him an honorary degree.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity#cite_note-4)
That's right...he's only got an honorary college degree...FROM JERRY FALWELL. :rolleyes:

SCOUT
10/13/2008, 07:33 PM

That's right...he's only got an honorary college degree...FROM JERRY FALWELL. :rolleyes:

I can't really stand Hannity either but I am not sure a college degree is the best way to talk down about him.

A college degree isn't required to be successful in media.
sincerely,
Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Rush Limbaugh and Larry King

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2008, 08:13 PM

I don't have a college degree.

And the citizens of Tulsa entrust me with their lives. Am I deserving an eyeroll?

lexsooner
10/13/2008, 09:18 PM
While flipping around various stations tonight, I came across the Hannity show in which he was giving a very serious interview with Ted Nugent, the Motor City Madman, in which they discussed quotes from Obama and analyzed their meanings and gave their opinions.

If this is not enough to make one realize Hannity should not be taken seriously, I don't know what is.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 09:21 PM
While flipping around various stations tonight, I came across the Hannity show in which he was giving a very serious interview with Ted Nugent, the Motor City Madman, in which they discussed quotes from Obama and analyzed their meanings and gave their opinions.

If this is not enough to make one realize Hannity should not be taken seriously, I don't know what is.

You don't like the Nuge? I figure he's as legit as the Hollywood lefties we hear from all the time.

lexsooner
10/13/2008, 09:33 PM
You don't like the Nuge? I figure he's as legit as the Hollywood lefties we hear from all the time.

I frankly don't want to see any entertainer being treated as an expert in politics or social issues. Any show which does this, whether it be Hannity or Larry King, cannot be taken seriously. Who cares what Morgan Fairchild thinks of Clinton's policies, or what Ted Nugent feels about Obama? Maybe Karl Rove should be the host of the Oscars so he can discuss who he thinks might win, and comment on how the stars are dressed.

Curly Bill
10/13/2008, 09:39 PM
I frankly don't want to see any entertainer being treated as an expert in politics or social issues. Any show which does this, whether it be Hannity or Larry King, cannot be taken seriously. Who cares what Morgan Fairchild thinks of Clinton's policies, or what Ted Nugent feels about Obama? Maybe Karl Rove should be the host of the Oscars so he can discuss who he thinks might win, and comment on how the stars are dressed.

..but I like the Nuge, and I like Morgan Fairchild a lot! :hot:

mdklatt
10/13/2008, 09:48 PM
"Celebrities" have as much right as assclowns like Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh--as if they're not celebrities?--to express their opinions. Being a celebrity doesn't mean you're any less right (or wrong) about current affairs than anybody else.

def_lazer_fc
10/13/2008, 09:56 PM
educate me conservatives. was reagan not a hollywood celebrity?

mdklatt
10/13/2008, 10:02 PM

:les: THAT'S DIFFERENT!

Okla-homey
10/14/2008, 05:34 AM

Yes, in the beginning, Ronaldus Maximus (peace be upon him) was merely an actor. He delivered a speech at Barry Goldwater's nomination duing the 1964 GOP convention and rocketed to political stardom.

Instead of running for president on the strength of that speech, like someone in the current presidential race, RR was the wildly popular and successful leader of one of the world's largest economies as a two term governor of California before running for the White House.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6100/rr476pxgovreaganez6.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 05:52 AM
I can't really stand Hannity either but I am not sure a college degree is the best way to talk down about him.

A college degree isn't required to be successful in media.
sincerely,
Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, Rush Limbaugh and Larry KingI'd leave Rush Limbaugh off that list. He's just as much of an uninformed hack.

The other three, however, didn't make a living pretending to be smarter than everyone they interviewed and talk down to them in insulting and attacking ways. Like Hannity and Limbaugh do.

I don't have a college degree.

And the citizens of Tulsa entrust me with their lives. Am I deserving an eyeroll?Certainly not. And I'm glad they do. But you don't make a living talking down to people because of how smart you think you are, do you?