PDA

View Full Version : Numbers, Numbers, Numbers

PLaw
10/12/2008, 09:46 AM
3 of 4 - While Bob owns a slight edge over Mack, texass' boss is turning the table with recent successes.

TOP - 37:10 to 22:50, OU's inabality to run and "high octane" offense kept the defense on the field most of the day. By gut check time, they were spent.

4 - texass had four drives of 75+ yards producing TD's largely aided by lack of discipline allowing the drives to be extended.

40 - Yet, another BIG game when the OU defense gives up 40+. We don't need to go back to the KSU Big XII championship game, but if you had taken the over and bet against OU, then the current Wall Street crisis wouldn't being stinging so much.

5 - TD's, Money Sam gives a Heisman worthy performance, but gets little love from the ABC crew with their man crush for Colt.

50 - percent chance of winning yet another BIG XII Championship. Texass is not going undefeated and could easily drop one or two conference games. We need to take care of business, coach up Crow and the defense, and it keep plugging. Can't afford to drop another one.

BOOMER

aurorasooner
10/12/2008, 10:21 AM
TOP - 37:10 to 22:50, OU's inabality to run and "high octane" offense kept the defense on the field most of the day. By gut check time, they were spent.Stanford beats Arizona 24-23. Arizona has 77 rushing yards, Stanford 286.
Oklahoma State beats Missouri 28-23. The Aggies have 187 rushing yards to Mizzou's 64.
A less than average Hog team beats Auburn 25-22. Arkansas has 188 rushing yards to Allbarns 56.
Minnesota 27Illinois 20. Minnesota while outgained in total yardage 550 to 312 by Illinois, out-rushes Illinois 116 to 88 and wins the game.
Purdue out-gains Ohio State in total yardage by 298 to 222, but Ohio State out-rushes Purdue 125 to 70 and Ohio State wins.
Miss. State out-rushes Vandy 116 to 45 and wins. Time of possession in all these games (except for Minn/Ill which was about even and even with the total yardage mis-match is still amazing) seems to mirror the OU/Texas game. I'm not much of a stat person, but it appears that no matter how great of a passing offense a CFB has, when a CFB team can rush the football adequately which is around 150 yards per game, it greatly increases your chances of winning.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/12/2008, 10:37 AM
Stanford beats Arizona 24-23. Arizona has 77 rushing yards, Stanford 286.
Oklahoma State beats Missouri 28-23. The Aggies have 187 rushing yards to Mizzou's 64.
A less than average Hog team beats Auburn 25-22. Arkansas has 188 rushing yards to Allbarns 56.
Minnesota 27Illinois 20. Minnesota while outgained in total yardage 550 to 312 by Illinois, out-rushes Illinois 116 to 88 and wins the game.
Purdue out-gains Ohio State in total yardage by 298 to 222, but Ohio State out-rushes Purdue 125 to 70 and Ohio State wins.
Miss. State out-rushes Vandy 116 to 45 and wins. Time of possession in all these games (except for Minn/Ill which was about even and even with the total yardage mis-match is still amazing) seems to mirror the OU/Texas game. I'm not much of a stat person, but it appears that no matter how great of a passing offense a CFB has, when a CFB team can rush the football adequately which is around 150 yards per game, it greatly increases your chances of winning.

Great work. Thanks

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 10:43 AM
3 of 4 - While Bob owns a slight edge over Mack, texass' boss is turning the table with recent successes.

TOP - 37:10 to 22:50, OU's inabality to run and "high octane" offense kept the defense on the field most of the day. By gut check time, they were spent.

4 - texass had four drives of 75+ yards producing TD's largely aided by lack of discipline allowing the drives to be extended.

40 - Yet, another BIG game when the OU defense gives up 40+. We don't need to go back to the KSU Big XII championship game, but if you had taken the over and bet against OU, then the current Wall Street crisis wouldn't being stinging so much.

5 - Money Sam gives a Heisman worthy performance, but gets little love from the ABC crew with their man crush for Colt.

50 - percent chance of winning yet another BIG XII Championship. Texass is not going undefeated and could easily drop one or two conference games. We need to take care of business, coach up Crow and the defense, and it keep plugging. Can't afford to drop another one.

BOOMER

No. The defense kept the defense on the field most of the day. :rolleyes:

PLaw
10/12/2008, 12:56 PM
I'm not much of a stat person, but it appears that no matter how great of a passing offense a CFB has, when a CFB team can rush the football adequately which is around 150 yards per game, it greatly increases your chances of winning.

I'm there with you, give me a buck fifty on the ground and two fifty in the air. After some serious O-line domination against Washington on the first series, this O-line that was largely heralded as the best in the country this summer, is proving to be something less than above average against quality D-lines.

At the end of the day, the match up that mattered most on Saturday was the texass D-ends versus our tackles. More often than not, texass won that battle.

BOOMER

BOOMER

ruf/nekdad
10/12/2008, 02:30 PM
I'm not smart enough to tell you why, but it looked like a different team the second half. Bob said texas adjusted, maybe, maybe it was the penalties or they were just gassed. I don't know.

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 03:39 PM
Stanford beats Arizona 24-23. Arizona has 77 rushing yards, Stanford 286.

Nice work! I posted this late last night on one of the post-game threads but it might have been overlooked (or ignored). These are the season average rushing stats for the last 3 national champions which hopefully helps with the argument on having a strong run game.

2007 LSU 214 avg/game 4.9 avg/carry
2006 UF 160 avg/game 4.7 avg/carry
2005 UT 275 avg/game 5.9 avg/carry

proudsoonergal
10/12/2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not smart enough to tell you why, but it looked like a different team the second half. Bob said texas adjusted, maybe, maybe it was the penalties or they were just gassed. I don't know.

No Reynolds. :(

stoopified
10/12/2008, 05:17 PM
No Reynolds. :(That had a lot to do with it.

swooperman
10/12/2008, 05:55 PM
I will give you some numbers to ease your pain fellow Sooner fans:

7 National Championships
41 Conference Championships
40 Bowl Appearances
24 Bowl Championships
4 Heisman Trophy Winners
63 National Award Winners
144 All-Americans
436 First Team All-Conference Players
37 NFL First-Round Picks
330 NFL Draft picks
Record 47 game winning streak
30 10+ win seasons which is the most 10+ win seasons in the history of College Football

The Sooners have an all-time record of 779-294-53.

Winningest College Football Program since WWII with 535 wins

Winningest College Football Program since 2000 with 90 wins

97 weeks being ranked as the No. 1 team in America which the most weeks ranked No. 1 in the AP poll in the history of College Football

358 weeks ranked in the AP top 5 which is the most in the history of College Football

79-16-7 against Oklahoma State, the most lopsided intrastate rivalry in D-IA football history

Since 1999, OU has the best home record in College Football going 57-2.

OU has an active streak of 74 consecutive games on television

OU is the only school in the history of College Football to have four coaches win 100 games at the same school. (Benny Owens, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer and Bob Stoops)

OU is the first school in the history of College Football to score 30,000 points.

OU currently has a 21 game home winning streak, the longest in the country.

While we lost yesterday, we are STILL .....THE team everyone wishes they were!

PLaw
10/12/2008, 07:16 PM
I will give you some numbers to ease your pain fellow Sooner fans:

7 National Championships
41 Conference Championships
40 Bowl Appearances
24 Bowl Championships
4 Heisman Trophy Winners
63 National Award Winners
144 All-Americans
436 First Team All-Conference Players
37 NFL First-Round Picks
330 NFL Draft picks
Record 47 game winning streak
30 10+ win seasons which is the most 10+ win seasons in the history of College Football

The Sooners have an all-time record of 779-294-53.

Winningest College Football Program since WWII with 535 wins

Winningest College Football Program since 2000 with 90 wins

97 weeks being ranked as the No. 1 team in America which the most weeks ranked No. 1 in the AP poll in the history of College Football

358 weeks ranked in the AP top 5 which is the most in the history of College Football

79-16-7 against Oklahoma State, the most lopsided intrastate rivalry in D-IA football history

Since 1999, OU has the best home record in College Football going 57-2.

OU has an active streak of 74 consecutive games on television

OU is the only school in the history of College Football to have four coaches win 100 games at the same school. (Benny Owens, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer and Bob Stoops)

OU is the first school in the history of College Football to score 30,000 points.

OU currently has a 21 game home winning streak, the longest in the country.

While we lost yesterday, we are STILL .....THE team everyone wishes they were!

DAMN WELL SAID - AND SOONERS NEVER REST ON OUR LAURELS. WE'VE GOT A GAME IN 6 DAYS AGAINST THE JAWHAWKS and the FIGHTIN' MANGINO'S

BOOMER

Johnny Utah
10/12/2008, 10:22 PM
Bob said texas adjusted, maybe, maybe it was the penalties or they were just gassed. I don't know.

As a fan I would have hoped that OUr coaches would have adjusted too:confused: .

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 10:29 PM
35 carries for 56 yards.

What is that? The OU total in the 2001 Orange Bowl vs. Florida State.

Not national championship material? Ummmm...I think we won.

We need defense and our passing game is the best in the country.