PDA

View Full Version : The Interception no replay

Funky G
10/12/2008, 08:51 AM
was huge. Why was this not reviewed? What is the rule. I'm not saying this would have changed the outcome, but it definitely stops momentum and keeps the lead. It was an interception. Period.

Now, let's win out and get the rematch in the BCS Bull**** championship.

Out.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/12/2008, 09:09 AM
I was unable to watch the game. Is there a you-tube of it?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/12/2008, 09:20 AM
was huge. Why was this not reviewed? What is the rule. I'm not saying this would have changed the outcome, but it definitely stops momentum and keeps the lead. It was an interception. Period.

Now, let's win out and get the rematch in the BCS Bull**** championship.

Out.

He needed to maintain possession upon hitting the ground. That is the rule so it wasn't a bad call...thought if it happened near the sidelines I've seen the officials so worried about the in bounds/out of bounds call that they have missed it.

The 2 treat Colt McCoy like a porcelain doll personal foul calls out of bounds were far worse calls and probably hurt us worse.

aurorasooner
10/12/2008, 09:32 AM
I don't exactly how the rule rule reads. I think it states that any receiver must have possession of the ball when he hits the ground. We had possession of the ball when both our defenders knee and then his back hit the ground, then the ball comes loose. Is that enough to be ruled an interception/reception? JMHO, but on plays like that, the head of the Big 12 officials should make a public ruling by Monday afternoon, on if the play was upheld or blown by the officials. I get sick of all this officiating-sweep it under the carpet and hope it just goes away and never happens again. Then if a similar play happens again, there's a precedent ruling to govern these type of plays. In the very least, that play should've been reviewed by the reply official,and then communicated to the stadium fans/TV audience.

St. Louis Sooner
10/12/2008, 10:18 AM
does anyone know if bob had his 'protest' option at that time in the game or had he already used it? i was at an OU alumni watch party here, and it was soo loud i couldn't hear over 1/2 of the game;

thesnowbishop
10/12/2008, 05:13 PM
Just got back from Dallas, and this is the one play that bothered me the most. We were sitting in section 2 12 rows up, so it happened right in front of us. It sure looked like an oskie in live action. They showed it on the jumbotron after Texas had already kicked the field goal. It was then that I realized that the ball came out when Robinson hit the ground. However, I also saw the play on an ESPN replay and Robinson looked like he took one or two steps with possession, and the fumble came when he hit the ground.

Regardless of the call, I can't believe our coaching staff didn't call a time out or challenge the call outright. Maybe they didn't have a good viewing angle of it; maybe Lamont didn't protest to the staff enough; maybe the ruling was just obviously correct. It could have been a huge swing of momentum. I am not ripping the staff, and it was one hell of a game that we just plain lost. This was a moment that should go in Bob's shoulda' bank.

NYC Poke
10/12/2008, 05:20 PM
Y'all got screwed on that one, IMO. There was some pretty questionable officiating all through that game. The ABC announcers were making jokes about it all game long.

swardboy
10/12/2008, 05:23 PM
The Hard Frog has the answer....

TMcGee86
10/12/2008, 05:27 PM
I really think Stoops should have called timeout on that play and allowed them more time to look at it.

We weren't low on TO's and that was crucial.