PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker U

TXBOOMER
10/12/2008, 07:55 AM
Not anymore. I knew RR was a stud, but my God. I was shocked at the drop off in talent. I've watched the game on DVR 2 more times and it was like we were playing with 10 against 11. I can't believe with Ryan's knee's we didn't have someone better prepared to play. We could not stop anything after Ryan went out.

VA Sooner
10/12/2008, 08:43 AM
Agree... there was a drop off in talent. Not to bag on Crow... he is inexperienced. But hard to believe that with two junior college transfers and Austin Box, there wasn't a better fit for middle LB???

On another thread, I like the idea of shifting Nic Harris to MLB and bringing Sam Proctor in at safety. Nic is a hard hitting guy who hasn't been able to do as much since the run stopping has been great on the line and with LBs... until yesterday.

adoniijahsooner
10/12/2008, 09:47 AM
I would move either beal or Travis lewis to middle linebacker, and let alexander or RJ Washington take end spot

CK Sooner
10/12/2008, 09:49 AM
Venables was saying Austin was going to start at one of the outside positions, but then he got hurt and Travis Lewis got to play the first game and I think we all know what happened from there. I would think Austin would do a pretty good job in the middle, I heard he is good at pass coverage.