PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle is bad for the team!

adoniijahsooner
10/12/2008, 02:57 AM
I love our no-huddle offense, its dynamic, fun to watch, and hard to stop; but it really hurt our chances at a victory today. Our scoring drives were 3 minutes or under, and when we had to punt it was normally a three and out. Texas scoring drives were 6-7 minutes long. What I am saying is our defense was on the field alot today, and I have been concerned about that all year long.

Blue
10/12/2008, 03:16 AM
You sound like "Charlie" in "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." So, stop.

TJKDone
10/12/2008, 03:44 AM
I disagree. It does have POTENTIAL weakness in exactly the fashion you've described, but I think everyone before this game has underestimated just how good Texas is.

Consider this: If there wasn't serious, championship resolve on the UT squad, especially at the QB position and the OL, we would have lost. UT has one of, if not the best OL's, outside of OU in the country. It took a great OL to finally wear down your defense in the late third and fourth quarters. It also took a QB with the moxy to not give up until the last snap.

I think you guys have a legit shot to run the table the rest of the season if you get out ahead big like you have against everyone else except us.

You have the makings of a champion on this team. The no-huddle has WAY more positives than negatives.

You guys need to work on your special teams. IMO, that made the difference in the game in terms of something you can control.

Hook'em

devOUt
10/12/2008, 09:02 AM
Texas scoring drives were 6-7 minutes long. What I am saying is our defense was on the field alot today, and I have been concerned about that all year long.

Our defense was on the field a lot because it couldn't stop texas. Our offense had nothing to do with that.

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 09:06 AM
I love the no huddle...when we snap it quick. When we run the play clock inside of 10? Not so much. Go back and watch yesterday...when we snapped quick, we caught Texas off guard. When we waited they were ready.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/12/2008, 09:07 AM
I love our no-huddle offense, its dynamic, fun to watch, and hard to stop; but it really hurt our chances at a victory today. Our scoring drives were 3 minutes or under, and when we had to punt it was normally a three and out. Texas scoring drives were 6-7 minutes long. What I am saying is our defense was on the field alot today, and I have been concerned about that all year long.

Nope. What lost the game was:

1) lack of a running game
2) special teams
3) defensive breakdowns

okiewaker
10/12/2008, 09:17 AM

2) special teams
3) defensive breakdowns

In another thread you said you didn't watch the game. :mad:

TripleOption14
10/12/2008, 09:47 AM

2) special teams
3) defensive breakdowns

DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a good BINGO!!!!

Forget about the no huddle. Forget about Sam Bradford (he's fine no worries there). Forget about the WR's and Gresham.

This week I foresee A LOT of film study for the Special Teams, Defense, and O-line. Cause this upcoming game with Kansas is going to be made into an attitue game PERIOD! Get ready to see a SH!T ton of ol skool power-I form runs, blitzes, and trench work. This coaches staff has got to be LIVID that they couldn't run the ball. Patton is gonna be on those men HARD this week!! And hopefully they will let Brown and Madu do most of the work. Murray is a scatback not a power-I back. Murray needs the ball in space the other two do not.

adoniijahsooner
10/12/2008, 10:05 AM
2006 we ran the ball down peoples throat with many of these linemen.the last 2 years, because of the brilliance of bradford, we pass alot more than that 2006 team. I dont have any problems with the no huddle as far as the offense is concerned, but when that game turned to a street fight in the fourth quarter, we needed to be able to get rough in the trenches, but we could not do it. Yesterday was the first game where we passed the ball more than ran it, and it was the first game we had with under 30 carries (26), and you guys are trying to tell me that our finesse mindset yesterday didnt hurt a little. Run the ball, keep your struggling defense off the field, and keep the clock moving.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/12/2008, 10:49 AM
Our defense was on the field a lot because it couldn't stop texas. Our offense had nothing to do with that.WE SCORE TOO GOOD! make them stay on the field longer!

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 10:54 AM
I love the no huddle...when we snap it quick. When we run the play clock inside of 10? Not so much. Go back and watch yesterday...when we snapped quick, we caught Texas off guard. When we waited they were ready.

I was saying the same thing while at the game yesterday...

Get the damn play in....line up and snap the ball!

When we did that...we has texas on their heals...

When Sam took longer they adjusted...

It was bugging me to death....

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 10:58 AM
You have the makings of a Championship Team.

Fixed.

Yep...

We need to make some adjustments...

Kudos to your team yesterday....they never gave up.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/12/2008, 10:59 AM
The no huddle is NOT bad.

Not being able to run the ball in the up-tempo no huddle is bad.

OULenexaman
10/12/2008, 10:59 AM
true that Stoop....drove me nuts....made me drink heavier

St. Louis Sooner
10/12/2008, 11:04 AM
no huddle seems good for the team; however, when sam did take too much time, i saw hand signals coming from uterus LBs to other defenders ... as if they knew what was coming;

budbarrybob
10/12/2008, 11:29 AM

:les: are you Jim Trabor?

jkjsooner
10/12/2008, 11:34 AM
I know these signals from the sidelines are common nowadays, but with only two (maybe 3?) guys making a few signals, it wouldn't seem to take a Belichick to figure them out.

I suppose if it were that easy then everyone wouldn't be doing it....

swooperman
10/12/2008, 04:29 PM

2) special teams
3) defensive breakdowns

Bingo!

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 04:31 PM
I was saying the same thing while at the game yesterday...

Get the damn play in....line up and snap the ball!

When we did that...we has texas on their heals...

When Sam took longer they adjusted...

It was bugging me to death....

Guys, this has been a problem all season; when we snap the ball with 15 or more seconds on the clock, we usually do good; where we get into trouble is when we spend the whole time looking at the sidelines to change the play and then snap with less than 5 seconds on the clock; when we lose our really quick tempo, we become below average in execution

mizzOUstu702
10/12/2008, 04:43 PM
As others have said, if you can't run the ball, you can't control the clock. That's Football 101. We have no running game so far this year, therefore we cannot control the clock. It's pretty simple really...