PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it....for Obama

Skysooner
10/12/2008, 12:15 AM
Yes, Oklahoma is going to go for McCain in a big way. However, Obama has enough blue states and is leading in enough of the battleground states to clinch this one.

Just to say I have been for Obama for at least 18 months now. I have read both of his books, and I agree with his policies. McCain is a good man, but he should have been the nominee 8 years ago. Eight years of Bush has pretty much guaranteed the result.

Okla-homey, I respect your opinion, but the result is inevitable at this point. Good luck to you in the election, and I hope the country can pull together after Nov. 4.

Blue
10/12/2008, 01:38 AM
huh?

Skysooner
10/12/2008, 08:27 AM
Response to Okla-Homey's thread of almost the same name. He is calling it for McCain, and some of us think Obama will be the winner. He said go ahead and start a new thread calling it for Obama. Nobody had, so I decided to.

Jerk
10/12/2008, 08:47 AM
I haven't lost my faith in the Haliburton Vote Stealing Machine.

It will run circles around that communist revolutionary group ACORN that Obama likes to associate with.

OklahomaTuba
10/12/2008, 09:13 AM
I think Hussein will win as well. Hard to believe the President will be a friend to a terrorist, just a few short years after 9/11.

The meltdown sealed the deal IMO.

I can't wait to see what happens when he tries to implement his tax increases on income, businesses and energy in the middle of this market. Its gonna be Jimmuah Carter part 2.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 11:05 AM
I chuckle, in a sad way, at the amount of campaign $$ being spent right now to entice the 2 dozen or so undecided voters left in the country.

Still time for some big news for either guy. Obama is playing it safe and McCain will probably still try a few Hail Mary passes.

If the election were today, it looks like BO wins handily according to the ever-so-unreliable polls.
Jerk may be right though.

SoonerStormchaser
10/12/2008, 12:59 PM
Part of me really wonders if there are still some moronic white Dems that will go into the booth and chicken out in voting for BHO cause he's black.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about the color of the skin...racism comes from both sides of the aisle (are you listening Al Sharpton?)...and if the guy/gal is the most qualified, then they've got my vote regardless of race/creed/color.

SoonerBorn68
10/12/2008, 01:13 PM
..and I hope the country can pull together after Nov. 4.

Pfffft. If Obama wins it will mark the beginning of the end of the United States as we know it. The country will be further divided.

texas bandman
10/12/2008, 01:23 PM
Pfffft. If Obama wins it will mark the beginning of the end of the United States as we know it. The country will be further divided.

Give me a break, the sky won't fall if Obama is elected. It won't be the beginning of the end. Or perhaps you are predicting that the rapture will happen in January 2009. Sheesh!!!

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:23 PM

Overdramatic much?

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:26 PM
And I'll laugh if Obama wins with a higher % of the popular vote than Bush in 04. (I'd say Bush in 2000, but Bush didn't win that popular vote.)

SoonerBorn68
10/12/2008, 01:29 PM
Give me a break, the sky won't fall if Obama is elected. It won't be the beginning of the end.

Really? Pelosi is wanting to recall Congress to try to pass $150 billion "aid" package America. Uncle! Dammit. Quit spending money we don't have!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081011/D93OHKO80.html

As far as I'm concerned I'll give Obama the same chance the Democrats gave GWB--none.

SoonerBorn68
10/12/2008, 01:31 PM
Overdramatic much?

Nope. I hope Omaba wins and your taxes go up 10 fold.

Rogue
10/12/2008, 01:35 PM
The country will be further divided.

The country's been about as divided as it could be at 50/50, 51/49, etc for 7 of the past 8 years.

Any movement away from that is movement toward more of a majority for one side.

Just sayin'. ;)

SoonerBorn68
10/12/2008, 01:37 PM
Demcrats don't have the stomach (or firearms) for armed rebellion, j/s. ;)

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:42 PM

Have you seen what his tax plan actually entails? My taxes MIGHT go up that much if I was making OVER $2.7 million per year.

In my tax bracket I'd stand to get a pretty nice tax CUT.

You might try reading up on the tax proposals a bit, there.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:43 PM
The country's been about as divided as it could be at 50/50, 51/49, etc for 7 of the past 8 years.

Any movement away from that is movement toward more of a majority for one side.

Just sayin'. ;)

Exactly.

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 01:47 PM
Really? Pelosi is wanting to recall Congress to try to pass $150 billion "aid" package America. Uncle! Dammit. Quit spending money we don't have!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081011/D93OHKO80.html

As far as I'm concerned I'll give Obama the same chance the Democrats gave GWB--none.

I love that pelosi suggesting another 150 bn is your tipping point.

W and his spending and tax cuts and war mongering are cool though?

JohnnyMack
10/12/2008, 01:49 PM

drama queen.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2008, 01:49 PM

Heh. To be fair, though, they had a legit gripe: the refs won the 2000 election.

texas bandman
10/12/2008, 02:00 PM

I gave GWB ample time as governor of my state and he did the same thing to Texas he did to the country...Thank God we only have a few more months. Hopefully, he won't start WWIII to solidify his legacy!

Rogue
10/12/2008, 04:39 PM
Lots of Democrats have guns.

mdklatt
10/12/2008, 04:52 PM
Yes, Oklahoma is going to go for McCain in a big way. However, Obama has enough blue states and is leading in enough of the battleground states to clinch this one.

A handful of red states have become battleground states. Obama leads in VA and NC for crying out loud, and is competitive in MO. It could be an electoral slaughter.

Okla-homey
10/13/2008, 06:12 AM
This morning, Zogby and Razz have it back to being a statistical dead heat.

There will not be an electoral slaughter. It will be close, and we may not know who won on Nov. 4. In the end, the American people do the right thing and take a pass on the person with the thinnest resume in American presidential campaign history.

swardboy
10/13/2008, 08:49 AM
This economic morass SHOULD be biting O'Bama and the Dems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

soonerscuba
10/13/2008, 09:40 AM
Misspelling Obama's name is aggy.

Also, I find it very strange that Dems gave a man "no shot" when at one point he held a 90% public approval rating.

Chuck Bao
10/13/2008, 09:42 AM
In my opinion, Obama's lead will only grow larger over the next three weeks for two major reasons:

1) Anger and outrage will spread as it becomes apparent that the Bush administration's plan to restore confidence in the financial system will cost several multiples over the 700 billion dollars. The plan will still be too vague and arbitarily applied and too slow to implement to immediately ease the credit crunch. Meanwhile, the economy will tank as the real sector is denied access to capital.

2) The third and final debate will again demonstrate that Obama is the one in touch with economic realities.

It really should be a landslide victory for Obama.

OklahomaTuba
10/13/2008, 12:34 PM
The fact that Obama can only get, at most, a 4-8 point lead after the worst financial meltdown since the great depression shows how pathetic of a nominee he is.

McCain had it won until the collapse.

We will see how the radical left does in charge of the government. I suspect it will work out just about like it did in the late 1970s.

swardboy
10/13/2008, 12:51 PM
True, he's another Jimmuh Carter waiting to happen.

mdklatt
10/13/2008, 01:04 PM
The fact that Obama can only get, at most, a 4-8 point lead after the worst financial meltdown since the great depression shows how pathetic of a nominee he is.

Obama should be whipping our asses big time but he isn't! MORAL VICTORY! :stunned:

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2008, 01:18 PM
This morning, Zogby and Razz have it back to being a statistical dead heat.

There will not be an electoral slaughter. It will be close, and we may not know who won on Nov. 4. In the end, the American people do the right thing and take a pass on the person with the thinnest resume in American presidential campaign history.

Rassmussen is showing a 5 point lead. I'd be extremely surprised if Rassmussen's MOE is 5 or more with a sample size of 3000. That's not a "statistical dead heat" it's a statistically significant lead. Scott Rasmussen himself wrote "[T]he data continues to suggest a very stable race with Obama as the clear frontrunner."

Meanwhile, Zogby has Obama with a 4 point lead with a 2.9 MOE. Again, a statistically significant lead, not a "statistical dead heat."

Plus, I see that you fail to mention Obama's 10-point lead on Gallup among registered voters and either seven or 10 point lead among likely voters (dependent on two different Gallup models.)

JohnnyMack
10/13/2008, 01:21 PM
Rassmussen is showing a 5 point lead. I'd be extremely surprised if Rassmussen's MOE is 5 or more with a sample size of 3000. That's not a "statistical dead heat" it's a statistically significant lead. Scott Rasmussen himself wrote "[T]he data continues to suggest a very stable race with Obama as the clear frontrunner."

Meanwhile, Zogby has Obama with a 4 point lead with a 2.9 MOE. Again, a statistically significant lead, not a "statistical dead heat."

Plus, I see that you fail to mention Obama's 10-point lead on Gallup among registered voters and either seven or 10 point lead among likely voters (dependent on two different Gallup models.)

Also note that the "undecided" vote is declining.

Gallup shows BHO at 52% and JSM at 43.5%, an undecided group of only 4.5%.

Ramusssen shows BHO at 50% and JSM at 45%, an undecided group of only 5%.

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2008, 01:29 PM
JM-take RCPs number for Gallup with a grain of salt from here on out.

Gallup uses two different models for their likely voters: one is for voters who say that they are very likely to vote this year, the other is for voters who both say they are likely to vote this year and have been consistent voters over the last few cycles. RCP just averages the two numbers.

mdklatt
10/13/2008, 01:30 PM
Here's another polling site to add to the mix.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Steve Lurkle
10/13/2008, 04:14 PM

so what does that says about McCain and the GOP?

JohnnyMack
10/14/2008, 02:56 PM
JM-take RCPs number for Gallup with a grain of salt from here on out.

Gallup uses two different models for their likely voters: one is for voters who say that they are very likely to vote this year, the other is for voters who both say they are likely to vote this year and have been consistent voters over the last few cycles. RCP just averages the two numbers.

RCP has now split out the two Gallup polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 03:12 PM
National polls and popular vote numbers be damned...THIS is the most telling of all: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

KC//CRIMSON
10/14/2008, 03:16 PM
313 to 158

"There will not be an electoral slaughter."

Viking Kitten
10/14/2008, 03:24 PM
My
"DRIVE THRU THE LILY-WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS CHECKING OUT THE LAWN SIGNS"
statistical analysis shows a significant lack of Republican stalwart signage.
Therefore, I still predict a landslide for the Obamination.

As far as lawn signs go, in my very middle-of the-road yet somewhat ethnically diverse Edmond neighborhood, we're at about 2:1 in favor of McCain. Yet (and this is what I find odd), in my inlaws wonderbread-white, fairly well-to-do Edmond neighborhood, I see an even split. I'm thinking Oklahoma may be closer than it's been in awhile, though still a win for McCain.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/14/2008, 03:37 PM
I don't think it's over yet.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 03:40 PM
What the pollsters are forgetting is that all over this country - from Maine to Washington, California to Florida, there's a very large group of voters (you know, people who actually vote in an election?) who are democrats by party, but in the privacy of their voting booth are going "no way in hell I'm voting for a brother."

Just sayin. It's gonna be a lot closer than all you lefties think, and it's going to be the closet racist lefties that end up hurting your boy. Watch and see.

JohnnyMack
10/14/2008, 03:48 PM
What the pollsters are forgetting is that all over this country - from Maine to Washington, California to Florida, there's a very large group of voters (you know, people who actually vote in an election?) who are democrats by party, but in the privacy of their voting booth are going "no way in hell I'm voting for a brother."

Just sayin. It's gonna be a lot closer than all you lefties think, and it's going to be the closet racist lefties that end up hurting your boy. Watch and see.

The Bradley Effect.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 03:50 PM
Whoever.

JohnnyMack
10/14/2008, 03:52 PM
You're retarded.

JohnnyMack
10/14/2008, 04:00 PM
National polls and popular vote numbers be damned...THIS is the most telling of all: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

I think what's interesting in that link are the states that McCain is fighting for. Indiana, North Carolina, Missouri, West Virginia and hell even Georgia has gotten tenuous of late. Combine that with Obama's cash advantage and McCain is clearly on the defensive. If the polling data doesn't get better in PA quick and McCain retreats from that state the way he did from MI I think he makes his last stand in OH & VA.

I agree with :dean: that this one will be closer than the experts think though.

lexsooner
10/14/2008, 04:03 PM

That theory was tested during the Democratic primaries and it did not pan out. Obama actually ran about 1% better in the voting than he did with the polls.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 04:06 PM
That theory was tested during the Democratic primaries and it did not pan out. Obama actually ran about 1% better in the voting than he did with the polls.

That's because nobody wanted to see that crazy bitch get in. DOH.

When the **** is on the line, those good ol' boys ain't voting for the negro. Trust me. Y'all wanna call us conservatives racists, but you've got just as many jackholes on your side.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 04:12 PM
I call 'em both racists. Regardless of "their side."

lexsooner
10/14/2008, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=C&CDean;2445040]That's because nobody wanted to see that crazy bitch get in. DOH.

If that theory holds true, Obama will be fine - the racist Dems will vote Obama to keep that crazy b----- Sarah out of the VP slot and one step from being Prez.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 04:22 PM
FWIW, your girl Hillary is the Engineer on the Crazy Train. Palin ain't even on board that one.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 04:24 PM
FWIW, your girl Hillary is the Engineer on the Crazy Train. Palin ain't even on board that one.Nope.

She's on the dangerously stupid caboose. :mad:

sooner_born_1960
10/14/2008, 04:24 PM
(One step from being prez) < (zero steps from being prez)
Or is it greater. I always get those confused.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 04:28 PM
Nope.

She's on the dangerously stupid caboose. :mad:

The other thing you lefties are forgetting (yes, I know, you're not a lefty...whatever...) is the number of dudes on your side who are going to vote for Palin cause she's purdy. Like all the stupid bimbos did for Bill Clinton cause he was purdy.

And if you think Palin is dangerous compared to Hillary, then you are one clueless individual. Hillary could have you offed and not even think about it. Palin talks funny.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 04:40 PM
The other thing you lefties are forgetting (yes, I know, you're not a lefty...whatever...) is the number of dudes on your side who are going to vote for Palin cause she's purdy. Like all the stupid bimbos did for Bill Clinton cause he was purdy.

And if you think Palin is dangerous compared to Hillary, then you are one clueless individual. Hillary could have you offed and not even think about it. Palin talks funny.Those boner heads would have voted Repub regardless. They're the type who vote with their cocks or their GUT, but never with their head. (the one on their shoulders)

And Hillary is dangerous because she might have ONE of us offed ON PURPOSE.

Palin is more dangerous because she could conceivably off ALL OF US on ACCIDENT.

She's a ****tard.

I'm still probably gonna vote McCain, but her nomination and subsequent dismal performance, along with his multitude of recent gaffs have certainly shaken my confidence. Which SUCKS.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 04:43 PM

Make up your mind. Either we're all homosexuals or we're all so slavishly connected to our cocks that we'll vote for any moderately-attractive woman who can be trained to not poop herself.

LosAngelesSooner
10/14/2008, 04:45 PM
Make up your mind. Either we're all homosexuals or we're all so slavishly connected to our cocks that we'll vote for any moderately-attractive woman who can be trained to not poop herself.Dude...Palin poops herself.

soonerscuba
10/14/2008, 04:47 PM
Question Mike, who lost to that dolt in a gubernatorial election and why? Sarah Palin, at this point, has me totally confused as to how her political career went beyond Wasilla.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 04:47 PM
Dude...Palin poops herself.

Not always. Shoot, people said she outperformed expectations at the VP debate, which means she MUST have held it.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 04:52 PM
Question Mike, who lost to that dolt in a gubernatorial election and why? Sarah Palin, at this point, has me totally confused as to how her political career went beyond Wasilla.

Tony Knowles, a former two-term governor and two-term mayor of Anchorage and Andy Halcro, owner of one of the car rental franchises up here (I think AVIS, can't remember.)

Why?

1. Tony, while still a popular figure up here, had to be talked into running and it showed. He really didn't want to, but the Democrats just didn't have any other viable candidates. Tony's campaign was rather lackluster.

2. Andy Halcro pulled away a chunk of "Holy crap, we're really not going to elect this woman" cote.

3. Palin cast herself as a reform candidate when half of the State Legislature was under investigation of some sort.

Edit:

BTW, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Knowles wind up as Secretary of either Interior or Energy in an Obama administration. The guy's actually run an oil platform as well as a major oil-producing state for eight years.

C&CDean
10/14/2008, 04:53 PM
C'mon Froze, your party has a lengthy history of voting for fluff over substance. Clinton. JFK. Carter. LBJ. I could go on. Y'all vote for the prettiest/bestest speaker/latest fad/etc.

Yes, you've also got the market on fags, but that really isn't the voter demographic I'm talking about here. Fags are voting for Oblama because there's a D next to his name. I'm talking about all the frustrated fat men who beat off to Librarian Weekly in your party. There's a lot of you out there. Trust me...

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 04:54 PM
Hey, my subscription lapsed MONTHS ago, thank you very much.

lexsooner
10/14/2008, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=C&CDean;2445068]The other thing you lefties are forgetting (yes, I know, you're not a lefty...whatever...) is the number of dudes on your side who are going to vote for Palin cause she's purdy. Like all the stupid bimbos did for Bill Clinton cause he was purdy.

Man, I didn't think you would compliment us lefties like that. But those votes will be offset by the righty women voting for Obama because he is tall, dark, athletic, handsome and in their minds much better endowed than that little chunky old white man McCain who needs those little pills for help. :)

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 05:56 PM
Now, as Veritas and I have discussed, media polls tend to be the least reliable.

However, it's still worth mentioning that the new CBS/NYT poll just released shows a +14 for Obama at 53-39.

mdklatt
10/14/2008, 06:01 PM
What is McCain's floor? That is, what is the percentage of yellow dog pubz?

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 06:12 PM
Again, take the CBS poll with a grain of salt. Based on the other numbers coming out today, I'm guessing that Obama's "real" number is around 9 and the race is about 50-41 Obama.

I doubt that the so-called Bradley effect is more than statistical noise this year. As pointed out above, no such effect manifested during the Democratic primaries. Then again, perhaps any such effect was mitigated by the other candidate being a woman.

leavingthezoo
10/14/2008, 06:43 PM
this thread is interesting. kinda like deans sixth toe.

NO, I HAVEN'T SEEN IT! JM TOLD ME! :D

mdklatt
10/14/2008, 06:54 PM
this thread is interesting. kinda like deans sixth toe.

NO, I HAVEN'T SEEN IT! JM TOLD ME! :D

That wasn't a toe! :eek:

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2008, 07:22 PM
C'mon Froze, your party has a lengthy history of voting for fluff over substance. Clinton. JFK. Carter. LBJ. I could go on. Y'all vote for the prettiest/bestest speaker/latest fad/etc.

I've never heard LBJ described as 'fluffy'. A mean, bullying prick, sure...

Okla-homey
10/14/2008, 08:14 PM
I've never heard LBJ described as 'fluffy'. A mean, bullying prick, sure...

LBJ carried his beagles by their ears. srsly. there are pics.

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2008, 08:15 PM
Well, yeah. It doesn't hurt 'em when you do it that way.

Skysooner
11/3/2008, 05:45 PM
Bump in time for the election.