PDA

View Full Version : Spek Searchers

Sooner04
10/11/2008, 10:40 PM
I don't know how many of you are like me, but I'm a negger. If I think a post is stupid, I'll neg it and not think twice about it. What cracks me up is this: I don't post very often so, to neg me back, people have to go to the search engine and find old posts of mine so they can feel vindicated.

For instance: Soonerus. This guy is a legend. I think I've agreed with maybe 0.7% of this guy's posts over the years, so he tends to get a healthy portion of negging from me. Like clockwork, a negative reply will be in my control panel within the hour. To see a grown man go to that much trouble just to neg little old me is something I find hysterical.

I doubt we'll have anyone confess, but are there any other Spek Searchers out there? If you've been victimized by someone like this, do not be alarmed. Be flattered. Rest easy tonight knowing that someone cares so much about a green dot that they'll take up five minutes of their life for message board retribution.

As for this topic: it only took me four.

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 10:47 PM
I don't know how many of you are like me, but I'm a negger. If I think a post is stupid, I'll neg it and not think twice about it. What cracks me up is this: I don't post very often so, to neg me back, people have to go to the search engine and find old posts of mine so they can feel vindicated.

For instance: Soonerus. This guy is a legend. I think I've agreed with maybe 0.7% of this guy's posts over the years, so he tends to get a healthy portion of negging from me. Like clockwork, a negative reply will be in my control panel within the hour. To see a grown man go to that much trouble just to neg little old me is something I find hysterical.

I doubt we'll have anyone confess, but are there any other Spek Searchers out there? If you've been victimized by someone like this, do not be alarmed. Be flattered. Rest easy tonight knowing that someone cares so much about a green dot that they'll take up five minutes of their life for message board retribution.

Larry Brown once said "what goes around comes around"...you should know that...

Blue
10/11/2008, 11:17 PM
I got negged for something I posted on "That other board."

As far as 04 and Rus are concerned...you're equally neg-able.

salth2o
10/11/2008, 11:40 PM
To quote the HMFIC...

Anybody whining about spek in any fashion will now get at least a day in the hole.

OUTromBoNado
10/11/2008, 11:51 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif

yermom
10/12/2008, 11:13 AM
i have to search to send positive spek to reply to positive spek all the time

i haven't negged much in a while though :)

jkjsooner
10/12/2008, 11:26 AM
Well, you made it easy to neg this time.

badger
10/12/2008, 12:42 PM
I have pretty much stopped spekking either way ever since it returned. I just don't really care about it anymore.

I found that "heh" for farks and one-starring threads was much more rewarding... well, at least it isn't as punishing, because when you spek someone, you'll pretty much always get a same-spek in return, a la eBay buyer/seller feedback. However, with "heh" and star rating threads, it lets everyone know when you approve of something said/done, but lets you be anonymous when you whole heartedly disapprove.

And so, "heh" to explaining your spek reasoning... and now, to one-star your thread anonymously!

... nah. I think I've given out my allotment of stars last night on the football board.

oumartin
10/13/2008, 09:54 AM
I think you are a clown for even posting that you are a negger. Kinda find it humorous that you had to post a thread about how you like to neg. If you don't like a post why don't you just move on.

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 09:56 AM
It's a free country...

Also...

Phil is the Man...

His board gives us the ability to SPEK.

Use it however you like...

soonerhubs
10/13/2008, 10:03 AM

I'm lazy. Would you mind posting repeated "hehs" about 7 or 9 times for me in this thread? TIA. Saves me from having to give you red for your insightful posts in another thread.

Sooner04
10/13/2008, 10:11 AM
I think you are a clown for even posting that you are a negger. Kinda find it humorous that you had to post a thread about how you like to neg. If you don't like a post why don't you just move on.
Oh yeah, well I had sex with your wife!

sooneron
10/13/2008, 10:14 AM
Would saying that this thread is ghey on many levels be my version of a red dot?

soonerhubs
10/13/2008, 10:17 AM
Would saying that this thread is ghey on many levels be my version of a red dot?

This thread could have a purpose if people would post heh repeatedly to save on other "neg" efforts. Unfortunately he took a less subtle approach.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2008, 10:23 AM
I thought you hated me.

You never neg me!!!

You *******

StoopTroup
10/13/2008, 10:48 AM
heh.

sooneron
10/13/2008, 10:54 AM
heh!

KC//CRIMSON
10/13/2008, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, well I had sex with your wife!

Pfffft! Who hasn't?

8timechamps
10/13/2008, 11:43 AM
I don't know what's more amusing, The fact that Soonerus got under 04's skin, or that people actually give a rat's *** about spek.

Sooner04
10/13/2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know what's more amusing, The fact that Soonerus got under 04's skin, or that people actually give a rat's *** about spek.
It's not that he got under my skin. It was more amazement that a grown adult would stop what he's doing to go find a post of mine somewhere just to neg it. How insignificant must your life's work be to do something so trivial?

If I read a dumb post, I'll neg it. If you don't like something I've posted, neg the **** out of it. Who cares? It's a red dot.

OOOOO, avatars are back. There's my hotness on the left again.

8timechamps
10/13/2008, 11:48 AM
If I read a dumb post, I'll neg it. If you don't like something I've posted, neg the **** out of it. Who cares? It's a red dot.

Exactly.

oumartin
10/13/2008, 11:51 AM
Pfffft! Who hasn't?

not many

Mjcpr
10/13/2008, 12:57 PM
It probably doesn't take any longer to spek search than it does to register, log in as and use a troll for, among other things, telling people how you really feel about them.

How insignificant must your life's work be to do something so trivial?

batonrougesooner
10/13/2008, 01:05 PM
I think this thread and the spek issue in general is an interesting study in human psychology. Specifically group dynamics and how everybody just wants to be loved!

interesting but a complete waste of time.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2008, 01:08 PM
I rarely neg. There are 2-maybe-3 subjects on which I'll administer a healthy dose of red if the wrong thing is said, but generally I don't. I will leave positive spek with snarky comments from time to time though.

badger
10/13/2008, 01:10 PM
I rarely neg. There are 2-maybe-3 subjects on which I'll administer a healthy dose of red if the wrong thing is said, but generally I don't. I will leave positive spek with snarky comments from time to time though.

You mean like this?

http://i35.tinypic.com/w7nfie.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2008, 01:11 PM
You mean like this?

http://i35.tinypic.com/w7nfie.jpg

Hah not exactly. But talk of TCU replacing us is definitely one of those things. Talk of Arkansas replacing us is not.

dolemitesooner
10/13/2008, 01:15 PM
It's not that he got under my skin. It was more amazement that a grown adult would stop what he's doing to go find a post of mine somewhere just to neg it. How insignificant must your life's work be to do something so trivial?

OOOOO, avatars are back. There's my hotness on the left again.Will you have my babies?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/13/2008, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know when we are going to get TCU to replace Baylor in the Big XII

8timechamps
10/13/2008, 11:39 PM
It probably doesn't take any longer to spek search than it does to register, log in as and use a troll for, among other things, telling people how you really feel about them.

How insignificant must your life's work be to do something so trivial?

I thought you died!

Troll.

Fraggle145
10/14/2008, 02:12 AM
I like boobs.