PDA

View Full Version : Where will OU be in the new polls ???

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 10:40 PM
...6th or 7th....

SOONERnTx
10/11/2008, 10:40 PM
4th

SoonerEmpire
10/11/2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122242

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2008, 10:43 PM
1. 'Bama
2. UTerus
3. PSU
4. TTECH
5. OU
6. FLA
7. SUC (Comparative losses with FLA and us)
8. BYU
9. UGa (Probably should be higher than SUC)
10. Oklahoma State (Probably should be higher)

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 10:44 PM
This is the "after all results" edition...

SoonerEmpire
10/11/2008, 10:48 PM
If we are ranked as high as 4 or 5, I will consider us VERY lucky. On the other hand, with Mizzou losing and LSU getting throttled, it seems plausible now. Their losses lessen the bad effect of our loss. Not eliminate it, but lessen it.

SoonerEmpire
10/11/2008, 10:49 PM
Anybody think SUC will pass us up?

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 10:50 PM

I am concerned about it...

SoonerEmpire
10/11/2008, 10:52 PM
Of course, what all of this really means is that every team in college football may as well call off the rest of the season, because Alabama has just claimed the '08 NC. :rolleyes:

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2008, 10:59 PM
We have been lucky in past years, and now this year, to have our loss happen at the same time as others. LSU and Mizzou will drop right out of the Top 10. I just don't see a lot of other teams that we would drop behind. We lost to a good, #5 team, on a neutral site, that was a darn good game. LSU got throttled, and Mizzou lost at home to a team ranked #17. Heck, I would argue that we shouldn't drop below TTECH. They were taken to OT by a mediocre Nebraska team. FLA lost at home to a team with a below .500 record, SUC lost to an unranked, and lucky-to-become-bowl eligible Oregon State team. UGA lost to a comparatively lower ranked Bama team at home. BYU will not pass any of the 1-loss teams (look at the Washington game). #5 is quite plausible, and would be quite adequate, all things being equal. In fact, 'Bama was darn lucky to beat a Kentucky team that lost today to a very average Gamecock team. Outside of UTerus, the only other team that has looked consistently good every week has been Penn State, and they have to go to Ohio State (I think within the next couple of weeks). I have no idea if they play Sparty at all. It is far from over, folks. In fact, the fun is just starting.

tommieharris91
10/11/2008, 11:02 PM
1. 'Bama
2. UTerus
3. PSU
4. TTECH
5. OU
6. FLA
7. SUC (Comparative losses with FLA and us)
8. BYU
9. UGa (Probably should be higher than SUC)
10. Oklahoma State (Probably should be higher)

How are losing to Oregon State at their house, losing to Ole Miss at your house, and losing to #5 Texas at a neutral site similar?

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 11:04 PM
We are fine, but our defense has to still take on a lot of explosive offensive teams.

We might be six...OSU sure as heck should be ahead of us for what they did...I think we are 7th and can still control a large part of our destiny. Bama will lose, Tech will lose and OSU will lose.

Big Missouri fan next week, too.

College football is officially changing to be more NFL like. Going unbeaten is almost impossible.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2008, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't be all too surprised if we don't drop below Texas Tech.

My top 25:
1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Penn State
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. Oklahoma State (should prob be higher though... I just can't raise them from so behind)
7. USC
8. BYU
9. Texas Tech
10. Missouri
11. Georgia
12. Utah
13. Ohio State
14. LSU
15. Kansas
16. Boise State
17. Michigan State
18. Tulsa
19. Ball State
20. TCU
21. Wake Forest
22. California
23. Pittsburgh
24. Virginia Tech
25. South Florida

I probably missed someone :)

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2008, 11:09 PM

Not if there is any justice in the world. They lost decisively to an unranked team with a losing record. We lost to #5, undefeated team in a back and forth struggle. But of course, justice is often hard to come by.

I'm not so sure TT passed us as they had to go OT at home against NU. Not that it matters since we get to prove it on the field against TT.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2008, 11:09 PM
How are losing to Oregon State at their house, losing to Ole Miss at your house, and losing to #5 Texas at a neutral site similar?

They aren't. My point is that if you look comparatively, ours is the best loss. That is why we are ranked the highest. I put FLA above SUC because they beat an LSU team that I think is better than the OSU that SUC beat. I could easily argue that SUC should be above FLA. I will go on to say, on record, that UTerus will lose twice. Mizzou will be madder than a wet hen next week, TTECH wants to exact revenge on UTerus like no tomorrow for the Randy Krystal referee debaucle, OSU now believes that they can beat anybody, and they have to go to Lawrence, and Reesing will want to show up his hometown team. Again, this is far from over.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 11:15 PM
Mark May just said we are 5th in his poll.

Florida...a loser at home to Ole Miss...at 4th.

That's stupid.

OSU and Texas Tech should be ahead of us. Unbeaten. Especially OSU. That was a huge win for the Pokes. If we want to pass them we can beat them.

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 11:17 PM
Mark May just said we are 5th in his poll.

Florida...a loser at home to Ole Miss...at 4th.

That's stupid.

OSU and Texas Tech should be ahead of us. Unbeaten. Especially OSU. That was a huge win for the Pokes. If we want to pass them we can beat them.

T.Tech should have lost today...

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2008, 11:17 PM
They aren't. My point is that if you look comparatively, ours is the best loss. That is why we are ranked the highest. I put FLA above SUC because they beat an LSU team that I think is better than the OSU that SUC beat. I could easily argue that SUC should be above FLA. I will go on to say, on record, that UTerus will lose twice. Mizzou will be madder than a wet hen next week, TTECH wants to exact revenge on UTerus like no tomorrow for the Randy Krystal referee debaucle, OSU now believes that they can beat anybody, and they have to go to Lawrence, and Reesing will want to show up his hometown team. Again, this is far from over.

Only problem is we still have to play vs Tech, KU, and NU, and at OSU and K State. Not nearly as bad as Texas's schedule though.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 11:19 PM
T.Tech should have lost today...

But they didn't. And we did.

Tech is not better than us, but right now they are 2-0 in conference and unbeaten overall. Let 'em have it. It will work itself out.

Desert Sapper
10/11/2008, 11:35 PM
UF will be ranked higher than us because of their smackdown of LSU this weekend. We may end up ranked in the top 5 (and legitimately should, based on the 'instant classic' against #5 UT), but it won't matter unless we can find a suitable replacement for Ryan Reynolds before we host Kansas this weekend.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 11:44 PM
Unrelated. Lou Holtz just said Colt McCoy's stats are ahead of Vince Young's the year he won the Heisman.

Gotta go look up to see what year it was that VY won that thing...

Blue
10/11/2008, 11:58 PM
What have you done for me lately?

1. Bama
2. Texas
3. Penn St.
4. USC
5. BYU
6. Tech
7. Florida
8. UGA
9. OU
10. LSU

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2008, 12:11 AM
Unrelated. Lou Holtz just said Colt McCoy's stats are ahead of Vince Young's the year he won the Heisman.

Gotta go look up to see what year it was that VY won that thing...

SPEK ! :D

SoonerEmpire
10/12/2008, 12:17 AM
What have you done for me lately?

1. Bama
2. Texas
3. Penn St.
4. USC
5. BYU
6. Tech
7. Florida
8. UGA
9. OU
10. LSU

:les: That poll is GARBAGE! [hairGel]

misplaced_sooner
10/12/2008, 01:39 AM
Bama
Texas
Penn St.
Tech
BYU
OU
USC
Florida
UGA
LSU

If USC is ranked higher than OU, the poll system is a total farce. USuCk lost to an unranked team in a terrible conference...

East Coast Bias
10/12/2008, 06:02 AM
I am thinking #8, possibly 7 depending on what is done with TTech. I always try to think about which teams are better, as opposed to purely the won/loss. In my book (right now) Florida and SUC are better than us, I also believe Penn State has the best shot at the title....

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 08:04 AM
collegefootballnews.com had us ranked 4th. Kind of surprised.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/12/2008, 09:28 AM
collegefootballnews.com had us ranked 4th. Kind of surprised.

Forgive me if this sounds a little aggyish/Mackish but we have the best loss of the 1-loss teams. Despite our problems we need to work out we did lose to either the #1 or #2 team on a neutral site late in the game.

Far better than losing @Oregon St or Mississippi (at home?).

I don't think our problem will be playing our way up the BCS standings if we win out. Our problem will be winning out.

OUthunder
10/12/2008, 09:31 AM
Somewhere between 7-10.

After losing Reynolds I'm not sure we're much better than that anyway plus we can't run the ball against a real team anyway.