PDA

View Full Version : 2008(09) BCS NC Game: SUC vs TX Whorns!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 09:10 PM
1)Could/would TX bring their referees?
2)Would they insist on it?
3)Could they get the venue changed to the Cotton Bowl?
4)Who would win in a fair contest?
5)Who do you want to win?
6)Which team do you despise more?

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 09:12 PM

Yeah, our refs spotting us 45 points was really unfair.

tommieharris91
10/11/2008, 09:16 PM

No way they let in 1-loss USC over an undefeated Alabama or Penn State.

10/11/2008, 09:18 PM
No way they let in 1-loss USC over an undefeated Alabama or Penn State.Just pretend, for now, that Bammer or the Paternos might actually lose a game or more.

StormySooner-IN
10/11/2008, 09:56 PM
No way Bama ends season with less then 2 losses.

Penn state prob wont lose, tho.

10/11/2008, 10:03 PM
No way Bama ends season with less then 2 losses.

Penn state prob wont lose, tho.Then, for you, insert Penn Staters for SUC.

John Kochtoston
10/11/2008, 11:39 PM
1) If Penn State is paired with Texas, the SEC Champion or USC in the title game, they will lose by three touchdowns. Better for them if USC makes the title game, so they have a chance against an Pac-10 also-ran in the Rose.

2) Speaking of USC, I do not see how they are automatically ahead of us in the pecking order. We lost to a really good team in a back-and-forth shootout. USC was run by Oregon freaking State.

3) Of course, if we don't get our middle linebacker situation fixed in seven days, none of this will matter. Kansas, OSU and Tech will eat our lunch.

Desert Sapper
10/12/2008, 12:11 AM
1)

3) Of course, if we don't get our middle linebacker situation fixed in seven days, none of this will matter. Kansas, OSU and Tech will eat our lunch.

I agree 100%...This is the only thing that really matters at this point. Without a MLB that can play well AND lead the D, we are sunk.

Blue
10/12/2008, 12:15 AM
I agree 100%...This is the only thing that really matters at this point. Without a MLB that can play well AND lead the D, we are sunk.

BS. RR was a plague around here 5 weeks ago. We'll be fine.

John Kochtoston
10/12/2008, 12:38 AM

Not in my eyes, he wasn't. I don't think he was entirely healthy last year, and that made him vulnerable to some of the stuff that got us today. Last year.

This year, he's been between solid and a beast, depending on the game.

I don't think he's irreplaceable, but it will likely take some rearranging of starters/contributors, instead of looking to the bench.

hink4769
10/12/2008, 01:11 AM
Penn St. probably runs the table if they win @OSU in two weeks. That will setup the third straight Big 10 clobbering in the NC game against whoever their lucky opponent is. BTW, I think Texas will lose at some point, I think the Big 12 is too good this year for a team to run the table, and judging from what I saw today, they're offense is totally dependent on Colt McCoy and he's bound to have an off game against a team capable of beating them.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2008, 01:11 AM
Not in my eyes, he wasn't. I don't think he was entirely healthy last year, and that made him vulnerable to some of the stuff that got us today. Last year.

This year, he's been between solid and a beast, depending on the game.

I don't think he's irreplaceable, but it will likely take some rearranging of starters/contributors, instead of looking to the bench.

I totally agree - there needs to be some player shuffling and changing some schemes. Certainly there are more things that can be done than could be done mid-game; especially with RR going out after half-time.

Blue
10/12/2008, 01:34 AM
Bv will actually have to coach. Heupel is more capable to coach the D than his ***. Done w/ Venables.

10/12/2008, 10:43 AM
Serious Q: what can be done by anyone to improve the officiating. to prevent bias, and/or out-and-out corruption?

Desert Sapper
10/12/2008, 05:32 PM

Yeah...a plague. The guy filled a gap left by probably the best MLB we've had in 5 years, and he's done it in awesome fashion. Losing his leadership hurts more than his playmaking, but not having him there in the middle cost us the game v. Texas on Saturday. Every team we play will be looking to exploit that weakness.