PDA

View Full Version : What about those calls today.........

OUbench
10/11/2008, 08:24 PM
Anyone?

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 08:25 PM
One of my buddies called me and played the UTerus fight song. I was pretty pissed.

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 08:27 PM
They sucked but we should have put the game away in spite of them...

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2008, 08:29 PM
Bad officiating that probably didn't help any one team more than the other.

We lost fair and square.

OUbench
10/11/2008, 08:35 PM
Soonerus - Your right. I was going crazy with some of the stuff we got called for and the shocker was when we intercepted the ball in the endzone and next thing I new they kicked a FG! I looked at my wife and said WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED??????? The tv guys were confused along with stoops on the sideline

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 08:37 PM
Clearly an interception in the endzone...more Cotton Bowl b.s.

Breadburner
10/11/2008, 08:43 PM
Soonerus - Your right. I was going crazy with some of the stuff we got called for and the shocker was when we intercepted the ball in the endzone and next thing I new they kicked a FG! I looked at my wife and said WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED??????? The tv guys were confused along with stoops on the sideline

You did not say crap and neither did I......:D

kingsby
10/11/2008, 08:46 PM
yep - how about those defensive calls by BV today. Wish they could review those.

Soonerus
10/11/2008, 08:49 PM
You did not say crap and neither did I......:D

wtf ???

rubyspirit
10/11/2008, 09:02 PM
Oklahoma didn't look #1 calibur today. The first TD wasn't a TD, but it evened up with a funky TD by Texas later on.

I had a feeling TX would win today. The weight Colt gained was a major factor with him running the ball more.

Oh well, Go OU! We can still win the Big 12 Championship ... maybe.

jdsooner
10/11/2008, 10:51 PM
Refs sucked! We can't win an obvious review! What else is new?

Piware
10/11/2008, 10:52 PM
Oklahoma didn't look #1 calibur today. The first TD wasn't a TD, but it evened up with a funky TD by Texas later on.

I had a feeling TX would win today. The weight Colt gained was a major factor with him running the ball more.

Oh well, Go OU! We can still win the Big 12 Championship ... maybe.

Texass got 5 first downs on penalties. The interception was just flat wrong and the two personal fouls on Travis were bogus as hell too.

I think those were less of a factor that the damn belly play up the middle on first down. Hate that call! Wish we had an explosive running back and some misdirection. Oh well, dance with who brung ya.

Flagstaffsooner
10/11/2008, 10:55 PM
Just imagine if Jon Bible did the game.:(

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 10:56 PM
Good thing our coach likes OU so much. Otherwise, it doesn' make a lot of sense to stay. Maybe, he thinks the refs will some day call a Sooners game fairly.

PDXsooner
10/11/2008, 11:06 PM
the int. was horrible. i just hate listening to fans of other teams cry about reffing, so i try not to do it myself.

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 11:09 PM
It's history, it doesn't matter now. There are bad calls in every game, in every sport. The bad calls have always been there, we just didn't have 14 replays and Super Slow-Mo to see everything broken down to a 1/10th of a second.

Nothing is going to change it now, time to start looking at the Jayhawks.

Flagstaffsooner
10/11/2008, 11:11 PM
On the int, ESPN just said by rule an int must be held on to after hitting the ground. Never heard that.

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 11:12 PM
Crying about calls won't change anything. It's not the reason you lost. You lost because you couldn't stop the UT offense.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2008, 11:16 PM
Is that like call with Manny against TTECH last year? ...Actually, the best officiating crew that I have seen in the conference was the one at Mizzou tonight. They actually made good replay decisions and looked at the game fairly.

sooner518
10/11/2008, 11:40 PM
On the int, ESPN just said by rule an int must be held on to after hitting the ground. Never heard that.

Not if he takes 2 steps before hitting the ground.

anyways, it doesnt matter. the officiating sucked for both teams, probably a little more in Texas' favor, but it didnt win the game for them. its annoying, but the better team won today

jacob2125
10/11/2008, 11:42 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. So if a guy intercepts a ball, returns it 30 yards, trips himself up and loses the ball after hitting the ground than it's ruled an incomplete pass :confused:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 11:43 PM
On the int, ESPN just said by rule an int must be held on to after hitting the ground. Never heard that.He had possession when his knee hit the ground, then rolled onto his back, and the ball came out after that. Such injustice!

PDXsooner
10/12/2008, 12:00 AM
Crying about calls won't change anything. It's not the reason you lost. You lost because you couldn't stop the UT offense.

is intercepting them stopping them?

Jock Ewing
10/12/2008, 12:07 AM
Watch the holding your defender did on that play. Stop bitching when it should have been first and goal from the 2 instead of a field goal attempt. Please just watch the play again.

Not to mention your o linemen being past the line of scrimmage on the pass to Johnson that was also past the line of scrimmage. You got a TD on that. And they did it at least two more times.

the_ouskull
10/12/2008, 08:34 AM
One of my buddies called me and played the UTerus fight song. I was pretty pissed.

I don't even know anybody that would do that... mainly out of fear for their life.

...I'm not kidding.

the_ouskull