PDA

View Full Version : Will Murray be demoted?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 07:43 PM
I would play Brown and Madu more, I think.

Blue
10/11/2008, 07:51 PM
They completely abandoned it today. Maybe it was the nature of the game, but it seemed Brown might have had some sucess. Coulda, woulda, shoulda though.

Sooner98
10/11/2008, 08:05 PM
We should just throw the ball on every down, the entire rest of the season.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 08:07 PM
We should just throw the ball on every down, the entire rest of the season.

As simple (read predictable) as our run game is, this is not a bad idea.

rainiersooner
10/11/2008, 08:22 PM
Well how about running someone to the outside instead of up the middle? Just one? Our run game is terrible. Thank you, I'm Captain Obvious and I'll come back and check in shortly. Ugh.

10/11/2008, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking Demarco just has something missing this yr. He's really not much of a threat right now.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2008, 08:27 PM
He is. It's called blocking.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 08:28 PM
He is. It's called blocking.

...yeah but he was also missing that last year. :P

swardboy
10/11/2008, 08:29 PM
Is it the runners or the line? Do we need to take wider splits? Are our linemen only adequate for pass blocking? Is the smaller, quicker d-line ALWAYS going eat our lunch?

I want answers, and I want them NOW, dammit.....:gary:

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 08:31 PM
Is it the runners or the line? Do we need to take wider splits? Are our linemen only adequate for pass blocking? Is the smaller, quicker d-line ALWAYS going eat our lunch?

I want answers, and I want them NOW, dammit.....:gary:
We need more diversity in our run game, way too predictable. Would running some misdirection kill us? Would trying to get a RB on the edge kill us?

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 08:32 PM
We need more diversity in our run game, way too predictable. Would running some misdirection kill us? Would trying to get a RB on the edge kill us?

...but we still scored 35 points. Offense was/is not the problem.

swardboy
10/11/2008, 08:34 PM
Obviously we need to go back to the wishbone.

;)

birddog
10/11/2008, 08:34 PM
...but we still scored 35 points. Offense was/is not the problem.

i agree.

but it may be in the future if we can't find a way to get 100 yards on the ground.

rubyspirit
10/11/2008, 09:12 PM
Not sure if he knee is bothering him but his production is down. Very little gains from him this year, not just this game.

adoniijahsooner
10/11/2008, 09:19 PM
He needs to sit down in my opinion, there were of couple of plays that I witnessed that Last year Murray would have found a way to break free.

tommieharris91
10/11/2008, 09:23 PM
I think his knee is still bothering him. I haven't seen the moves and explosiveness like this out of him this season. Does anyone here think he has these plays still in him now?

4zIVl4CaSEo

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 09:25 PM
I think his knee is still bothering him. I haven't seen the moves and explosiveness like this out of him this season. Does anyone here think he has these plays still in him now?

Next year...unless he reinjures the knee, year two after injuring it should be better.

edit...at least this is the general trend.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/11/2008, 09:35 PM
It is crystal clear that Murray isn't running like he did last year....yet.

When we scored 35 points I think our concerns are elsewhere. Sure give Brown a little higher % of carries. If we could have had 1-2 more defensive stops they both would have had the ball more.

salth2o
10/11/2008, 09:46 PM
He is not hitting the hole as hard as he did last year and seems to go down a lot easier as if he is favoring or protecting his knee.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2008, 09:53 PM
If it was all Murray's knee, wouldn't Chris Brown be breaking some off?

I have to believe it's mostly the offensive line's fault.

Maybe I'm just not willing to give up on DeMarco just yet. He did very well on the kickoff returns.

salth2o
10/11/2008, 09:58 PM
I am not giving up on Murray, but I do not think he is 100% (maybe only mentally). There are obvious problems with OUr run blocking. We should have managed more than 60 or so yards rushing.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 10:07 PM
Main problem with the run game is our big guys can't run block worth a crap against a defense with a quality front 7

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 10:14 PM
I am not giving up on Murray, but I do not think he is 100% (maybe only mentally). There are obvious problems with OUr run blocking. We should have managed more than 60 or so yards rushing.

I think it was only 48 yards:(

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 10:15 PM
Main problem with the run game is our big guys can't run block worth a crap against a defense with a quality front 7

tru dat

kevpks
10/11/2008, 10:28 PM
Demarco still looks fine in space when he catches the ball. I just don't get why he seems to run right into the pile so much.

Sooner in the Bluegrass
10/11/2008, 11:13 PM
I just don't get why he seems to run right into the pile so much.

Vision seems to be at least part of the problem. It's one thing to follow blockers through a hole, but to run right into them as he did at least once that I saw in the fourth is a bit puzzling. Maybe he's a little too concerned about getting hit, or maybe he's just not seeing the play develop. A lot of that is instinctive (at least for the really great runners), but it can also be something he can work on. Hopefully.

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 11:16 PM
I just don't get why he seems to run right into the pile so much.

He seems to be doing it on kickoff returns too.

Blue
10/11/2008, 11:27 PM
SCHEME!

Why haven't we got a pick all year? We're conservative.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2008, 11:57 PM
I agree our scheme is lacking in some way. I don't expect us to be a running juggernaut, but with talent we have at RB combined with success we have passing, we should get some big plays. One thing I'd like to see shelved is that fake "zone read" running play. Sam is not going to keep it and run (I don't think he has 1 time) so there is no deception there at all.

10/12/2008, 01:34 PM
Alternate Madu and Brown. DeMarco to 3rd string, until he shows better(in practice)

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 02:36 PM
SCHEME!

Why haven't we got a pick all year? We're conservative.

4 real? I didn't realize that, but it's hard to get a pick when you are playing soft zones all day long

St. Louis Sooner
10/12/2008, 02:52 PM
tommie: he's lost that juke step ... that beautiful misdirection is gone; he does not look like that good this year ... very painful to see; we all thought he was going to be a candidate for the heisman at the beginning of the year, and with runs like he had last year i can now see what is missing;

Thanks for the video, the difference is very clear;

PLaw
10/12/2008, 04:15 PM
tommie: he's lost that juke step ... that beautiful misdirection is gone; he does not look like that good this year ... very painful to see; we all thought he was going to be a candidate for the heisman at the beginning of the year, and with runs like he had last year i can now see what is missing;

Thanks for the video, the difference is very clear;

From this humble POV, he does not have confidence in his knee being right and is playing like he is afraid of getting hurt again. Tough to say how much is mental and how much is physical, but it is affecting his play. He needs to play with the reckless abandon that made him the threat to take it to the house on every snap.

If he can't get it together, then we need to pull the redshirt off of Calhoun or Johnson and see what the kids can do.

I was worried about a lot of Seniors on the O-line and what that would mean for next year. At this point, I'm not so worried about next year.

BOOMER

CatfishSooner
10/12/2008, 04:25 PM
red-shirt is off Johnson I believe...he has played some mop-up duty...

maybe pull Calhoun's though??? hell i don't know...

tulsaoilerfan
10/12/2008, 04:27 PM
I have seen Johnson out there on special teams also