PDA

View Full Version : 10 points for the day

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 05:13 PM
1. Everytime Texas drove the ball, I thought of Curly Bill cussing for some reason.

2. OU CAN NOT RUN BLOCK....CAN NOT....

3. More plays on 0= more plays on D

4. if O goes 3 and out, thats especially not good for the D

5. Sam Bradford is a darn fine quarterback

6. Colt McCoy is a darn fine quarterback

7. combine non run blocking with RB play that right now is not gonna make anybody miss or create a big play= an O too dependant on the big pass play

8. This style of O is looking a lot like TT except for the fact we still try and run the ball

9. You know I m not the type to bring him up, but a Mike Stoops D would have matched up better.

10. Soft zone coverage and letting teams catch the ball for 8 to 15 yard gains just doesn't work against qb's who know how to throw the ball around

10a. Special Teams...nuf said

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:14 PM
1. Everytime Texas drove the ball, I thought of Curly Bill cussing for some reason.

7. combine non run blocking with RB play that right now is not gonna make anybody miss or create a big play= an O too dependant on the big pass play

8. This style of O is looking a lot like TT except for the fact we still try and run the ball

9. You know I m not the type to bring him up, but a Mike Stoops D would have matched up better.

10. Soft zone coverage and letting teams catch the ball for 8 to 15 yard gains just doesn't work against qb's who know how to throw the ball around

True dat! :D

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:15 PM
...could you actually hear me? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 05:16 PM
sumpin like F'n Brent Venables.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:19 PM
sumpin like F'n Brent Venables.

It was more like: are we not gonna cover the ****in middle of the field? :mad:

I usually wait until after the game to break down how our defensive schemes were for the most part fail. :P

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 05:20 PM
I just got to listen to the game...Did he play a lot of 3 lb sets with Texas not using the TE?

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:23 PM
I just got to listen to the game...Did he play a lot of 3 lb sets with Texas not using the TE?

Yup, and the good ol' cover two, so there were lots of nice seams in the middle of the field where a most mediocre Jordan Shipley could have a career day. I guess Shipley took the place of the saxet TE today.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 05:26 PM
I text a friend asking who was covering Shipley and he said number 48...Usually a lb is not going to fair well against a wr 11 times outta 10...

I don't understand not going to a 4-2-5 in that situation and putting extra speed on the field...

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:32 PM
I text a friend asking who was covering Shipley and he said number 48...Usually a lb is not going to fair well against a wr 11 times outta 10...

I don't understand not going to a 4-2-5 in that situation and putting extra speed on the field...

Beats the hell outta me. I don't get paid lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ like BV does to make these decisions. It's prolly just over our heads. ;)

Scoregasm
10/11/2008, 05:32 PM
After Shipley scored for the **th time, shouldn't we have covered him?

Can Mike come back?

Please?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 05:35 PM
You know I don't wanna get into firing, mike coming back, or anything like that....But Brent has been very strong about playing his 3 LBs even in situations where it didn't make sense to me...I remember seeing Z. Latimer going out on a WR and thinking WTF?....

But he knows better than I do for sure.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:37 PM
You know I don't wanna get into firing, mike coming back, or anything like that....But Brent has been very strong about playing his 3 LBs even in situations where it didn't make sense to me...I remember seeing Z. Latimer going out on a WR and thinking WTF?....

You're giving him way too much credit, because today, as too often in the past, that was not apparent.

HopeSpringsEternal
10/11/2008, 05:52 PM
Shipley should be brought up on charges of serial rape! He was a mad man today.

Crimsontothecore
10/11/2008, 05:55 PM

10a. Special Teams...nuf said

All good points but the only one that made a difference in this game was #2.
An effective running game would have nullified the other deficiencies.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 06:42 PM

Since all Texas could do for the first 55 minutes was throw, i don't understand why we didn't play a nickel or even a dime package the whole ****ing game or at least after RR went out. :mad:

the_ouskull
10/11/2008, 07:12 PM
I'd like it noted for the record that I said a few weeks back (at least it feels that long ago) that we were a poor run-blocking team, considering the talent level of our offensive line. If Loadholt could finish a block the way he finishes a dinner plate, we might be back in business. Sadly, he's fat, so we're rushing for only 1.8 per carry. Ditto to the rest of our alleged "best line in the country" line. I don't know which one of them brought the newspaper into the locker room during the preseason, but since they started reading their own press clippings, they've been doing so in lieu of blocking.

the_ouskull