PDA

View Full Version : "Try are McGriddles"

Norm In Norman
3/23/2004, 01:07 PM
is on the sign in front of the McDonalds at 23rd and Penn. Someone needs to take a picture and send it - somewhere.

I also saw a place by work that sells "Slink Dogs". I have no idea what a slink dog is, but it doesn't sound tasty. Looking at the place, I imagine it is code for crack cocaine.

Mjcpr
3/23/2004, 03:00 PM
McPity Reply

The Fake Don Dokken
3/23/2004, 03:01 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if "Try" really "are" McGriddles?

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2004, 03:01 PM
Misspellings on signs irritate me, too.

That paper I had last week? I got docked a point because I didn't follow APA "Stlye" and my "gramar" wasn't up to snuff. :mad:

OU4LIFE
3/23/2004, 03:02 PM
Creep, Chip Creep

DCSooner
3/23/2004, 03:13 PM
Maybe Paris Hilton and Richie worked there for a little bit?

BigRedJed
3/23/2004, 08:05 PM
is on the sign in front of the McDonalds at 23rd and Penn. Someone needs to take a picture and send it - somewhere.

I also saw a place by work that sells "Slink Dogs". I have no idea what a slink dog is, but it doesn't sound tasty. Looking at the place, I imagine it is code for crack cocaine.
That's the McDonald's by my house. Yes, I'm a hood rat, but that's not the issue. That Mickey D's is the WORST EVAR at getting the order right. I would say a good 30% of the time my order is f'd up. Order a McGriddle, get a McMuffin. No hash browns. Dr. Pepper instead of Coke. I now make it a policy to not move from the window until I've inspected my order, including unwrapping the sandwiches, which of course pisses everyone off. Sorry in advance if you're sittling behind me. That store is staffed by absolute morons.

That said, the new one at Classen and Sheridan, on my way to work, is making a strong run at most incompetent. I've been there four times so far, and gotten the wrong sandwich two of them, including this morning.

So why do I still go to McDonald's? Because I am a lemming, like everyone else.

Ike
3/23/2004, 08:22 PM
I used to live right by that Micky D's (on campus at OCU)...back then, no one there knew english...I guess it's still true

Half a Hundred
3/23/2004, 08:24 PM
"If they McCome from where I McThink they do, I don't want to McEat them."

TopDawg
3/24/2004, 12:13 AM
It bugs me when people put unnecessary quotation marks on a sign.

"Try our new desserts."

One of my favorite signs was at a chinese restaurant.

R You Can Eat

Get it? Chinese?

Blue
3/24/2004, 01:59 AM
"If they McCome from where I McThink they do, I don't want to McEat them."

Heh.

Chicken McNugget. What is deal with these things? Is it chicken? Is it fish? Is some mystery meat I've never heard of? I wanna know!

Who are the adwizards who came up with this one!

Norm In Norman
3/24/2004, 08:37 AM
Rats: the other white meat.

GDC
3/24/2004, 08:41 AM
Why do so many people think any word that ends with the letter s must also have an apostrophe, whether it is possessive or not?

The Fake Don Dokken
3/24/2004, 09:52 AM
GDC,
I think people do it because it's too much trouble to actually learn the apostrophe rules. I blame George W. Bush for not spending more money on a nationwide Apostrophe Education program. The heel.

saucysoonergal
3/24/2004, 10:15 AM
The McDonalds at 23rd and Broadway however, is one of the best anywhere, go figure?! They did give me back incorrect change once, but they have never screwed up an order!

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2004, 10:18 AM

i just realized which McDonalds this is.....eons ago when I lived with my grandparents over off NW 25th (near Drexel)...my grandmother worked at and retired from the Sears at Shepherd Mall....every nite my grandfather and I would drive to pick her up from work, and would stop at that mcdonalds for a hamburger

good times indeed....

TopDawg
3/24/2004, 10:19 AM
I blame George W. Bush for not spending more money on a nationwide Apostrophe Education program.

He'd probably benefit from it as much as anybody else.

Norm In Norman
3/24/2004, 10:51 AM
i just realized which McDonalds this is.....eons ago when I lived with my grandparents over off NW 25th (near Drexel)...my grandmother worked at and retired from the Sears at Shepherd Mall....every nite my grandfather and I would drive to pick her up from work, and would stop at that mcdonalds for a hamburger

good times indeed....

It's the old style looking one. i assume it's been there forever.

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2004, 01:10 PM

well i'm 40 and was eating there when I was like 7...so yeah....i mean, if at least 33 years counts as "forever"

its old, i know that....i remember asking my granddad everytime we went there if maybe once we'd buy a hamburger and they'd go out and change the number burgers sold on the sign...

FaninAma
3/24/2004, 02:16 PM
Maybe Paris Hilton and Richie worked there for a little bit?

I would definitely avoid the special sauce at that McDonald's.

Sooner_Bob
3/24/2004, 03:05 PM
I drove by a church sign the other day that said:

"Come on in for a warm welcome"

I thought it was kinda funny at the time . . . you know a "warm" time . . . hell . . . I got nuthin'.

BigRedJed
3/24/2004, 08:00 PM
It's actually only been there maybe ten years or so. There was an old stand-alone Sears store where that strip center is that stood for maybe 50 years. They tore it down in the '90s and redeveloped the entire corner. It was built to look like a '50s-era McDonald's.

OUDL-X
3/24/2004, 08:11 PM
I just saw that sign on my way home from work...I'll try to grab a picture of it tomorrow

BigRedJed
3/24/2004, 08:32 PM
http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/sign.jpg

Sooner_Bob
3/24/2004, 10:33 PM
http://www.gasf.com/comm/userimages/churchsign3.jpg

BajaOklahoma
3/24/2004, 10:43 PM

good times indeed....

When did your grandmother work there? I worked in the candy dept for my first job. Later I worked at their service station pumping gas. If she was there in the early 70's, I probably knew her. :)
NWC?

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2004, 10:53 PM
When did your grandmother work there? I worked in the candy dept for my first job. Later I worked at their service station pumping gas. If she was there in the early 70's, I probably knew her. :)
NWC?

yep she was there then.....worked in draperies....everybody knew her! i used to go into the stockroom at nite waiting for her to get off work and climb around on all the shelves

i'll send you a pm

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2004, 11:27 PM

good times indeed....
My grandfather owned the lawnmower shop that was in his detached garage at 28th and Drexel.

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2004, 11:35 PM
not far from my old stompin grounds!

BajaOklahoma
3/24/2004, 11:48 PM
My grandfather owned the lawnmower shop that was in his detached garage at 28th and Drexel.

Gosh, I used to drive by there often! Small world isn't it? :D

Norm In Norman
3/25/2004, 08:43 AM
I just saw that sign on my way home from work...I'll try to grab a picture of it tomorrow

Oh, please do! I figured it would have been fixed by now.

Viking Kitten
3/25/2004, 01:47 PM
Norm,

I have an update for you. The management has heard your plea and changed the sign. It now reads "TRY ORE MCGRIDDLES."

Carry on.

Norm In Norman
3/25/2004, 05:21 PM
Ahhhhh - I assumed this would happen.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/25/2004, 06:08 PM
How may I hep you?

Bourbon St Sooner
3/25/2004, 06:10 PM
Or around these parts it's "What you want?"

Viking Kitten
3/25/2004, 06:10 PM
You want flies with that?

BigRedJed
3/25/2004, 08:02 PM
Norm,

I have an update for you. The management has heard your plea and changed the sign. It now reads "TRY ORE MCGRIDDLES."

Carry on.
OK, I thought VK was just joking, but I drove by this afternoon, and it's true. THE SIGN SAYS TRY ORE MCGRIDDLES!!!!!!!!!! UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!! Obviously, someone alerted them by saying something along the lines of "uhhh, I thought you might want to know, you really want to use the version of "our" that starts with "o." Apparently, some stupid squack that works there doesn't even know the word "our" exists.

It's probably because literally 95% of the employees at that location barely speak English, something I've never understood in a customer service environment.

Czar Soonerov
3/25/2004, 08:50 PM
Ahhhhh - I assumed this would happen.
Don't go assuming anything, you'll make an *** out of u and me. har har

Viking Kitten
3/25/2004, 08:55 PM
OK, I thought VK was just joking.

I NEVER joke about McGriddles.

Blitzkrieg
3/25/2004, 10:28 PM
Dude, that is an old school mcd's, as in blitz ate there as a 'ute' over 25 years ago. Maybe it's been remodeled, but I can still remember every inch of it as it was.

Old school with grimmace and the hamburgler, for gawds sake. Long before that sissy playroon shiite. I had to play 'skin your knee on the asphalt' at Mc Ds when I was a kid. The good ol' days.

BigRedJed
3/25/2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I don't want to say your memory is getting foggy, but I think your memory is getting foggy. It's pretty likely you're thinking of a former location close by. That Mickey D's is totally new school masquerading as old school. It's less than 10 years old, possibly even considerably less, although my old memory fails me as to the exact year. I want to say mid-late nineties. The old Sears pad site was developed in about '92-'93 with the strip center that now has a vacant grocery store (formerly a Baker's, among others), a vacant former record store, and currently has a Mazzio's and Kinko's. The McDonald's came at some point AFTER that, though as I said, I can't recall the exact year.

TopDawg
3/25/2004, 11:08 PM
It was probably around 93 or 94. I remember going there as a senior in high school (94-95).

BigRedJed
3/25/2004, 11:09 PM
And was it brand spankin' new at the time?

BigRedJed
3/26/2004, 10:56 AM
Well? C'mon, I'm itchin' to give ole Blitz a big o' "tode ya so! Tode ya so!"

RacerX
3/26/2004, 11:08 AM
somebody get a picture.

Norm In Norman
3/26/2004, 11:09 AM
Where's my damn picture?

BigRedJed
3/26/2004, 11:31 AM
http://www.scratchingpost.com/mcmoby/lob1.jpg

BigRedJed
3/26/2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.scratchingpost.com/mcmoby/lob2.jpg

BigRedJed
3/26/2004, 10:57 PM
OUR WE EVER GOING TO HAVE A FREAKIN' PICTURE???

GeneralCartmanLee
3/26/2004, 11:02 PM
That's the McDonald's by my house. Yes, I'm a hood rat, but that's not the issue. That Mickey D's is the WORST EVAR at getting the order right. I would say a good 30% of the time my order is f'd up. Order a McGriddle, get a McMuffin. No hash browns. Dr. Pepper instead of Coke. I now make it a policy to not move from the window until I've inspected my order, including unwrapping the sandwiches, which of course pisses everyone off. Sorry in advance if you're sittling behind me. That store is staffed by absolute morons.

That said, the new one at Classen and Sheridan, on my way to work, is making a strong run at most incompetent. I've been there four times so far, and gotten the wrong sandwich two of them, including this morning.

So why do I still go to McDonald's? Because I am a lemming, like everyone else.
Don't you know that Mickey D's is the devil? They’re trying to make you fat!

BigRedJed
3/26/2004, 11:04 PM
Trying? Hell, they succeeded.

Frozen Sooner
3/27/2004, 12:33 AM
McFingLOBSTER????

BigRedJed
3/27/2004, 12:38 AM
McFingLOBSTER????
Stupid Canadians.

That thing looks almost as tasty as a Burgerpipe.

BajaOklahoma
3/27/2004, 01:51 AM
Well, I don't want to say your memory is getting foggy, but I think your memory is getting foggy. It's pretty likely you're thinking of a former location close by. That Mickey D's is totally new school masquerading as old school. It's less than 10 years old, possibly even considerably less, although my old memory fails me as to the exact year. I want to say mid-late nineties. The old Sears pad site was developed in about '92-'93 with the strip center that now has a vacant grocery store (formerly a Baker's, among others), a vacant former record store, and currently has a Mazzio's and Kinko's. The McDonald's came at some point AFTER that, though as I said, I can't recall the exact year.

It was fairly new in '95. We had an anniversary party in OKC with all of the family - I hauled all of the kids over to check it out. Less than a year old then.

BigRedJed
3/27/2004, 09:19 AM
BOOOOYAH!!! In your face, Blitzkrieg! You suck!!! How do ya like me now??!!! That'll teach you to screw with old BigRedJed!!! YOU ARE OWNED!!!

BigRedJed
3/27/2004, 09:20 AM
sorry. cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast kinda gets me amped up.

jk the sooner fan
3/27/2004, 10:01 AM
you've just been served!!.....and not like you would at mickey d's!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/27/2004, 10:11 AM
MCGriddles just look nasty to me, I do like the Sausage mcmuffin though. I'll take a Breakfast Burrito at Sonic over both of them.

Blitzkrieg
3/27/2004, 11:27 AM
Our you sure, I herd otherwise. Thier is no way you our right!

jk the sooner fan
3/27/2004, 11:37 AM
look nasty? omg SBSB.....they are pure greatness...

BigRedJed
3/29/2004, 05:38 PM
MCGriddles just look nasty to me, I do like the Sausage mcmuffin though. I'll take a Breakfast Burrito at Sonic over both of them.
You must try the greatness that is the McGriddle. Trust me.

BigRedJed
4/21/2004, 11:27 AM
UPDATE:

I drove by last night, and it finally uses the correct spelling of "our." Unfourtunately, McGriddle is now spelled "MC.Griddle." Apparently, "MC" is an abbreviation for something. Or Super Greg works there.

GottaHavePride
4/21/2004, 11:28 AM
Now if only they'd misspell it "Try Are McGrundles" it'd be even funnier.

BigRedJed
4/21/2004, 11:29 AM
Eww.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/21/2004, 01:02 PM
MC Hammer works there.

Viking Kitten
4/21/2004, 01:05 PM
Wasn't MC Griddle one of the original Beastie Boys?

SteelPanz
4/21/2004, 01:46 PM
Numba.One

TheHumanAlphabet
4/21/2004, 02:37 PM
Is this a form of "Southern" english, Ebonics, Hood talk or McSpeach??? Too funny, how bad are "our" "scools" when a young kid (mostly, becuase that is what MickeyDs hires) can't spell or at least check their spelling...

Nichols Gaillardia
4/21/2004, 02:39 PM
If I were unfortunate enough to work at McDonalds, I would of course hire an assistant to do my spelling for me.

OU4LIFE
4/21/2004, 02:44 PM
naturally

BigRedJed
6/21/2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.boners.com/content/789843.1.jpg

bri
6/21/2004, 06:50 PM
Heh.

AMSooner
6/21/2004, 09:55 PM
The new Pancake House (mmm, pancakes) across from Baptist Hospital has a new banner outside. It says, "Madison's Pancake House Comming Soon."

RacerX
6/21/2004, 11:23 PM
The McD's by my parents' house

Try our new adult healthy happy meals
Chocolate pies 2 for $1

Flagstaffsooner
6/21/2004, 11:31 PM
I have a lot of old neighbors here. In the 80's I had a house on NW 24th St, just west of Classen.

Sexy Sooner Angel
6/22/2004, 08:09 AM
The McD's by my parents' house

Try our new adult healthy happy meals
Chocolate pies 2 for $1

Don't you know that if you eat a salad and drink water then you can have all the chocolate pies you want and you won't gain a single pound! (You can also swap the water for a Diet Coke and it's the same) :D

BigRedJed
4/16/2005, 05:13 PM
http://www.skoopy.com/misc/april_16/mcgriddle.jpg

OUthunder
4/16/2005, 05:40 PM
So, is this a post about McGriddles or bad grammar? ;)

BigRedJed
4/16/2005, 05:48 PM
Yes.

OUthunder
4/16/2005, 05:53 PM
Yes what?

BigRedJed
4/16/2005, 07:44 PM
Yes, your answer is correct.

TOTP, flapjacks!

BudSooner
4/16/2005, 08:35 PM

Thats a good one to get food poisoning from, went there once and didn't go back. the health department had alot of complaints on that location. :eek:

BeetDigger
4/16/2005, 09:11 PM
http://img22.echo.cx/img22/6246/truthinadvertising5ov.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Norm In Norman
4/16/2005, 10:36 PM
Thats a good one to get food poisoning from, went there once and didn't go back. the health department had alot of complaints on that location. :eek:

The slink dog place? You're a braaaaave man.

BigRedJed
4/16/2005, 10:37 PM
Mmmm... ...slink dogs...

Scott D
4/17/2005, 02:06 AM
heh saw a sign a couple of days ago it said

FOR
SALE
PERSONAL
TRAINERS

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:16 PM
I miss this thread.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/8/2007, 01:20 PM
There's a liquor store by my house that's "COMMING SOON."

jaux
1/8/2007, 01:33 PM
Years ago, our Army post theater marquee wanted to welcome the new post commander, Lt General Dykes, his wife and 2 teenage kids.

sign read:

WELCOME DYKE FAMILY

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2007, 01:33 PM
A few months ago, the McDonalds in Keller near where we live had a sign on their marquee that said:

DON ATE $1 FOR RONALD MCDONALD CHARITIES

I'm sure some jackass simply separated the word 'Donate'.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:34 PM
Or, some jackass actually ate a dollar bill for some reason. It could have been either.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:35 PM
Why do you people dredge up this ****?

GrapevineSooner
1/8/2007, 01:37 PM
Or, some jackass named Don actually ate a dollar bill for charity. It could have been either.
fixed.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:38 PM
Why do you people dredge up this ****?
Well, in this case I was hoping that by doing so I'd get some old, happy music hating, Quentin Tarantino movie despising crankypants all fired up.

hookem31
1/8/2007, 01:41 PM
I have a doughnut shop by my house that is run by, ummm, a family from the, ummm, eastern part of the world.

The sign out front says, NOW WE OPEN, SEVEN DAY A WEEK.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:45 PM
Well, in this case I was hoping that by doing so I'd get some old, happy music hating, Quentin Tarantino movie despising crankypants all fired up.

Oh.

At lunch today this old crankypants got good and fired up. We're at Padthai, and I was talking with a couple of the owners/workers about people who come into a Thai restaurant and order fried rice. "If day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese."

So, about this time in walks a young guy, and orders "chicken fried rice - with no vegetables." I couldn't help myself so I go "if day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese." Dude looks at me funny, and then I go to my wife "hell, why would somebody come to a Thai restaurant and order rice with no veggies? he oughta just go to McDonald's." The Thai dude goes "no with vegables, I don't get." The dude weakly says "I'm allergic to veggies." I go "no, you're allergic to a healthy colon. And seriously man, fried rice ain't Thai food." He goes "it's the only thing I like." I go "it would suck to be you." He goes "it does." I figured the best thing to do at this point was leave it alone. Besides, my wife was glaring at me anyhow.

The End.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/8/2007, 01:46 PM
Oh.

At lunch today this old crankypants got good and fired up. We're at Padthai, and I was talking with a couple of the owners/workers about people who come into a Thai restaurant and order fried rice. "If day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese."

So, about this time in walks a young guy, and orders "chicken fried rice - with no vegetables." I couldn't help myself so I go "if day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese." Dude looks at me funny, and then I go to my wife "hell, why would somebody come to a Thai restaurant and order rice with no veggies? he oughta just go to McDonald's." The Thai dude goes "no with vegables, I don't get." The dude weakly says "I'm allergic to veggies." I go "no, you're allergic to a healthy colon. And seriously man, fried rice ain't Thai food." He goes "it's the only thing I like." I go "it would suck to be you." He goes "it does." I figured the best thing to do at this point was leave it alone. Besides, my wife was glaring at me anyhow.

The End.

It was GHP, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:48 PM
It was GHP, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Or a closely related relative.

yermom
1/8/2007, 01:51 PM
at least he didn't order a burger and fries :D

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:51 PM
Suddenly this thread seems destined for merger with the WWDD thread. I never saw that coming.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:56 PM
Well you dredged the POS up.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, I did. And for that, I'm proud. Or, at the very least, entertained.

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 02:02 PM
Oh.

The End.

Oh yea. Deano...I used chopsticks at the Hunan over by Robinson and I35 in Norman yesterday and drank green tea too. :D

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 02:04 PM
Oh yea. Deano...I used chopsticks at the Hunan over by Robinson and I35 in Norman yesterday and drank green tea too. :D

Green tea = good. Chopsticks being used by roundeye = gay.

Partial Qualifier
1/8/2007, 02:33 PM
There's a liquor store by my house that's "COMMING SOON."

There's a liquor store in the same parking lot as that Sid's hamburger place... they always have some hillybilly saying on their sign out front.

GottaHavePride
1/8/2007, 03:46 PM
It was GHP, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Pfff. If I go to Pad Thai I order the pad thai. Or the spicy stir fry. Or the curry. I very rarely order the fried rice, and then only if I want something different.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/8/2007, 03:50 PM
That's sassy.

:D

Mjcpr
1/8/2007, 03:51 PM
My BIL asked for butter for his rice once at a chinese restaurant.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/8/2007, 03:52 PM
My BIL asked for butter for his rice once at a chinese restaurant.

Did you hit him in the boob?

yermom
1/8/2007, 03:53 PM
mmm...Padthai

i just discovered the greatness that is Lanna Thai in Tulsa a couple weeks ago

Mjcpr
1/8/2007, 03:53 PM
Fortunately, I wasn't there. :D

Mjcpr
1/8/2007, 03:54 PM
mmm...Padthai

i just discovered the greatness that is Lanna Thai in Tulsa a couple weeks ago
Dude, I coulda told you that.....Lanna Thai is good stuff.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 03:55 PM
Has anybody tried Sweet Basil Thai on Main? I ate there last week and it was pretty good. Tom Yum soup and basil chicken.

yermom
1/8/2007, 03:56 PM
Dude, I coulda told you that.....Lanna Thai is good stuff.

i had heard that, but not made it there yet

i went twice in like 3 days

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/8/2007, 03:56 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/ghettohoop3/MCDONALD-BGRKING.gif

yermom
1/8/2007, 03:57 PM
Has anybody tried Sweet Basil Thai on Main? I ate there last week and it was pretty good. Tom Yum soup and basil chicken.

yep, really good

the story i heard is that it was opened by a former cook from Padthai

i have no idea where i heard that or if it's true though

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 03:58 PM
yep, really good

the story i heard is that it was opened by a former cook from Padthai

i have no idea where i heard that or if it's true though

I wonder if it's a chain cause I've eaten at a Sweet Basil Thai in Bethesda, MD too.

Mjcpr
1/8/2007, 03:58 PM
i had heard that, but not made it there yet

i went twice in like 3 days

For future reference, there are two locations.....51st and Harvard and 71st (actually more like 73rd or so) and Memorial.

yermom
1/8/2007, 03:59 PM
yeah, i went to the 51st and Harvard one, i generally try to avoid 71st ;)

TopDawg
1/8/2007, 06:18 PM

Last time we were discussing Thai food I recommended it. What took you so long?

Oh, and BigRedJed, sorry for the delay but, yes, it was fairly new back then.

josh09
1/8/2007, 06:28 PM

I had an almost similar thing happen at a McDonalds near me lol

soonerboomer93
1/8/2007, 06:34 PM
Green tea = good. Chopsticks being used by roundeye = gay.

Dean just lacks the necessary skills to work chopsticks

:D

soonerboomer93
1/8/2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, and a kindly elder complemented me on my use of chopsticks yesterday, so I will continue to use them. She kept watching me at dinner, I think she was supprised to see a round eye enjoying the traditional korean fare and eat the dishes I was.

yermom
1/8/2007, 06:38 PM
there is a new place in Moore that was pretty enjoyable... it's Korean/Japanese, it's called Fusion Cafe and it's owned by an OU Journalism student and her mom

the egg rolls and the bulgogi are really good, as is the kimchi

Dio
1/9/2007, 12:06 AM
there is a new place in Moore that was pretty enjoyable... it's Korean/Japanese, it's called Fusion Cafe and it's owned by an OU Journalism student and her mom

the egg rolls and the bulgogi are really good, as is the kimchi

That place is good? I drive by it every day- might have to stop in.

soonerboomer93
1/9/2007, 12:13 AM
what kind of kimchi?

and do they cook the bulgogi at the table

soonerboomer93
1/9/2007, 12:16 AM
oh, and see if they have DwenJang-Chigae

I rarely get bulgogi without it

yermom
1/9/2007, 07:49 AM
That place is good? I drive by it every day- might have to stop in.

i liked it, but i've never eaten at a Korean place before

i eat a lot of other Asian stuff though

yermom
1/9/2007, 07:52 AM
what kind of kimchi?

and do they cook the bulgogi at the table

they gave us two kinds along with a bunch of other stuff before the meal came out, one was kinda plain and the other had kind of a red sauce and was hotter

they didn't cook anything at the table

oh, and see if they have DwenJang-Chigae

I rarely get bulgogi without it

what the heck is that?

afs
1/9/2007, 09:36 AM
they gave us two kinds along with a bunch of other stuff before the meal came out, one was kinda plain and the other had kind of a red sauce and was hotter

cucumber and cabbage or 2 types of cabbage? cucumber and radish are the bomb - cabbage is hiddeous.

they didn't cook anything at the table did they at least bring out the scissors to cut the meat?

what the heck is that?i was wondering the same thing.

find some dishes with octopus, those are usually pretty good. Also, check out the bibimbop, kimbop, and the sweet grilled pork.

afs
1/9/2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.trifood.com/image/dwenjangchigae_image_final.JPG

this? i think i'll have to look for it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/9/2007, 09:42 AM
Where is that place? I never heard of it.

yermom
1/9/2007, 10:10 AM
cucumber and cabbage or 2 types of cabbage? cucumber and radish are the bomb - cabbage is hiddeous.

they were both cabbage, i liked it :O

and no scissors

yermom
1/9/2007, 10:11 AM

1224 N. Broadway, i think she said it had been there like 3 months

Dio
1/9/2007, 12:37 PM

Just south of 12th on Broadway. Used to be some other Chinese place before the big buffet went in the old Harry Bear's.