PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna say this then go away fer awhile

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:01 PM
The mother****ing zebras . Kept saxet in this game till RR got hurt:mad:
an Inexperienced ML came in and Got torched .
Nuff said
BV didnt cost us this game , Our D didnt cost us this Game . Our ST didnt cost us this Game .

Rant over Yall post at yer peril .:cool:

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 04:05 PM
yuh i mean pac 10 conspiracy damn pete carroll

Widescreen
10/11/2008, 04:07 PM
They contributed but UT made enough plays that I can't really point to the refs as being the reason for the loss

Stinky
10/11/2008, 04:07 PM
The mother****ing zebras .

The Mother****ing zebras Did .

just wow.

Just A Visitor Here
10/11/2008, 04:08 PM
Nuff said
BV didnt cost us this game , Our D didnt cost us this Game . Our ST didnt cost us this Game .
The Mother****ing zebras Did .

Zebras were bad on both sides.

You got a touchdown that was not, and the phantom roughing the kicker.

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2008, 04:10 PM
The Zebras were not responsible for multiple long UT drives for TDs.

Stinky
10/11/2008, 04:10 PM
and the phantom roughing the kicker.

which led to a TD, so the score should have been much worse.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 04:16 PM

Had that touchdown been ruled down on the 1/2 yard line I'm 100% sure we would have gone for it and 100% sure it would have been converted (even though Im pretty sure is knee was on the line). Phantom roughing the kicker makes up for McCoy's two horrific sideline injuries. There was also quite a block in the back on the 30 yard line right as Shipley went by on his TD return (http://espn.go.com/ highlights are the first video that comes up, you can see it clearly), a holding or two and a pass interference that I think were all blatantly blown. However you can't worry about the officiating (unless its in Eugene) you just have to go out there and execute, which Texas did a better job of. :(

BevoAssassin
10/11/2008, 04:17 PM

I'll give you that touchdown call, but UT was never called for a roughing the kicker. They were, however, called for running into the kicker twice. That's two completely different things. Both times, they did run into the kicker. Whether he was acting or not, you still can't run into him.

The interception call that wasn't was the worst travesty of the game. It gave UT an opportunity later in the game for a two possession lead, effectively putting our inept offensive coordinator who decided a QB draw on 3rd and 15 was a good play, into panic mode. There's no telling what the Sooners could have done had they not been playing with such desperation.

With that said, OU still didn't deserve to win that game. They beat themselves with stupid decisions. Once Reynolds went out of the game, I realized why people were so worried about the linebackers in the preseason. Crow was terrible. All UT had to do was attack the middle of the field. It is Venables' responsibilty to make sure that we have backups that know how to cover passes. The team fell apart down the stretch, but I don't think it was just by fault of the referees that they lost that game. Just my .02

Tulsa_Fireman
10/11/2008, 04:18 PM
I love ya, Vet. But I'm gonna have to disagree.

The refs SURE as hell didn't help. Too many scores as a result of too many BS calls. But when teams slash WRs and camp in the holes in the zone, over and over and over and OVER again and the answer is more zone? I can understand Cover 2 base, but for the LOVE OF GOD...

If someone is punching you in the face and your right hand isn't stopping the carnage, try your left. Hell, try both. Whatever works.

We don't have that. You gotta change up scheme beyond the look you provide. You gotta not be afraid to throw that Cover 2 look but rotate to press man in those 3rd and 4, 3rd and 6 looks. You can't be afraid to bring corners and OLBs and rotate the strong safety to press or run support. You can't be afraid to come out of base scheme so that for once, you as a defense dictates what the offense does that you're facing, not you as a defense on your heels calling the game to make up for the holes they're manipulating.

AKA, play Cover 2 zone. Feel free. As a base set. But with the speed we have all over the field, press man and soft man when you're not blitzing is a tool in the toolbox. We ain't got that tool. Get it. All that does is open up the ability of the defense instead of using personnel to adjust for deficiencies for situational usage of scheme.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 04:22 PM
I love ya, Vet. But I'm gonna have to disagree.

The refs SURE as hell didn't help. Too many scores as a result of too many BS calls. But when teams slash WRs and camp in the holes in the zone, over and over and over and OVER again and the answer is more zone? I can understand Cover 2 base, but for the LOVE OF GOD...

If someone is punching you in the face and your right hand isn't stopping the carnage, try your left. Hell, try both. Whatever works.

We don't have that. You gotta change up scheme beyond the look you provide. You gotta not be afraid to throw that Cover 2 look but rotate to press man in those 3rd and 4, 3rd and 6 looks. You can't be afraid to bring corners and OLBs and rotate the strong safety to press or run support. You can't be afraid to come out of base scheme so that for once, you as a defense dictates what the offense does that you're facing, not you as a defense on your heels calling the game to make up for the holes they're manipulating.

AKA, play Cover 2 zone. Feel free. As a base set. But with the speed we have all over the field, press man and soft man when you're not blitzing is a tool in the toolbox. We ain't got that tool. Get it. All that does is open up the ability of the defense instead of using personnel to adjust for deficiencies for situational usage of scheme.

Not sure BV or BJW knows anything but base cover 2.

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 04:31 PM

It was a TD, the ball was across before the knee was down and the line judge was 5 feet from the play. You also got 3 points from a non-interception call, this isn't the NFL where you have to maintain possession for an hour after the play.

Neither of those calls were the 15 yard roughing the kicker, they were both 5 yard running into, which they did both times. The officiating was pretty bad all the way around. The roughing the QB penalties on Colt were a joke. They called holding once, you could see it pretty obviously on every play by both teams if they cared to call it, evidently they did not. I would say it was pretty poor officiating, even but poor.

The refs didn't cost OU the game, Texas played better and won...

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:33 PM
the 2 goddamn BS calls On 28 of Personal fouls.
Dam sure kept 2 scoring drives of saxet going.
The Non Interception gave em the lead
I rest My ****ing case ;)

boomrsoonr
10/11/2008, 04:33 PM
The refs didn't do us any favors, but they made some pretty bad calls for both sides.

Truth is, we lost. Why? It has to fall on Bob's shoulders. He's ultimately responsible. Now, does he fix it, or keep his head in the sand and say nothing is wrong? We'll see.

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:35 PM
It was a TD, the ball was across before the knee was down and the line judge was 5 feet from the play. You also got 3 points from a non-interception call, this isn't the NFL where you have to maintain possession for an hour after the play.

Neither of those calls were the 15 yard roughing the kicker, they were both 5 yard running into, which they did both times. The officiating was pretty bad all the way around. The roughing the QB penalties on Colt were a joke. They called holding once, you could see it pretty obviously on every play by both teams if they cared to call it, evidently they did not. I would say it was pretty poor officiating, even but poor.

The refs didn't cost OU the game, Texas played better and won...

Why I said My peice Now Im out fer awhile :mad:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/11/2008, 04:35 PM
I'd donate a testicle to see nine men on the line of scrimmage.

Brian Jackson can do it. No question. That kid is doing his best to hold up that heavy number 2 on his jersey.

stoopified
10/11/2008, 04:42 PM
I'll give you that touchdown call, but UT was never called for a roughing the kicker. They were, however, called for running into the kicker twice. That's two completely different things. Both times, they did run into the kicker. Whether he was acting or not, you still can't run into him.

The interception call that wasn't was the worst travesty of the game. It gave UT an opportunity later in the game for a two possession lead, effectively putting our inept offensive coordinator who decided a QB draw on 3rd and 15 was a good play, into panic mode. There's no telling what the Sooners could have done had they not been playing with such desperation.

With that said, OU still didn't deserve to win that game. They beat themselves with stupid decisions. Once Reynolds went out of the game, I realized why people were so worried about the linebackers in the preseason. Crow was terrible. All UT had to do was attack the middle of the field. It is Venables' responsibilty to make sure that we have backups that know how to cover passes. The team fell apart down the stretch, but I don't think it was just by fault of the referees that they lost that game. Just my .02Yes

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:48 PM
Am I the Only one that saw those 2 Bull **** calls that kept their scoring drives Going ?
With out those the Game Is Set Match .:confused:
Im gonna get drunk

StormySooner-IN
10/11/2008, 04:50 PM
the 2 goddamn BS calls On 28 of Personal fouls.
Dam sure kept 2 scoring drives of saxet going.
The Non Interception gave em the lead
I rest My ****ing case ;)
only one of those was BS....the other was very obvious....

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:52 PM
only one of those was BS....the other was very obvious....

What ? trying to hold Pony up . Is a late hit ?
:rolleyes:

OUmillenium
10/11/2008, 04:53 PM
The officiating was terrible and favored texass more than OU, but our defense getting only 1 stop in the 2nd half was what cost us the win.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 04:53 PM
Why is Travis Lewis even touching Colty when he's out of bounds? Just keep your damn hands to yourself. Yeah they were BS calls, but just do not put your hands on an opposing player when he's out of bounds, especially if it's the damn QB.

edit..and don't try to hold the mofo up, let him fall or run into something.

Widescreen
10/11/2008, 05:02 PM
I thought it was funny after the 2nd PF that the next time he chased Colt out of bounds , he shot his hands straight up in the air like SEE, I'M NOT ANYWHERE NEAR HIM?!?!?

I got a chuckle out of that.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 05:03 PM
I thought it was funny after the 2nd PF that the next time he chased Colt out of bounds , he shot his hands straight up in the air like SEE, I'M NOT ANYWHERE NEAR HIM?!?!?

I got a chuckle out of that.

ditto :D

delhalew
10/11/2008, 05:41 PM
we only stopped them once in the second half because our other oportunities to stop them magically turned into first down. Ta da! everybody with a set of eyes knows we intercepted that pass.

I think after that our guys were in shock. If you recall the same thing happened in the Oregon game. They shut down from the extreme un****ingbelievability of the whole thing.

Also, we all knew our special teams play would screw us as soon as we played some who could exploit it.

boomrsoonr
10/11/2008, 05:46 PM
Poor, poor Vet. negspek away. Stop crying. We all saw the same thing you did. And we're all just as mad about the outcome as you are. Stop being a baby. Oh, and "FU" too. Whinyass.

BTW, why don't you do what you promised you'd do. Go away.

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 05:47 PM
Poor, poor Vet. negspek away. Stop crying. We all saw the same thing you did. And we're all just as mad about the outcome as you are. Stop being a baby. Oh, and "FU" too. Whinyass.

Up yers .:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
10/11/2008, 05:49 PM

BTW, why don't you do what you promised you'd do. Go away.

**** you.

boomrsoonr
10/11/2008, 05:52 PM
Man, what a bunch of sore losers. Maybe just losers. Grow up or let mommy have the keyboard back.

CK Sooner
10/11/2008, 05:53 PM
Man, what a bunch of sore losers. Maybe just losers. Grow up or let mommy have the keyboard back.

Sore losers?

You were the one bitching earlier.

Do you really want me to go find them and post them?

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 05:53 PM
Texas won the game fair and square by taking control in the fourth quarter. Texas wanted it more. I hope we don't have OU fans screaming that they were robbed--we beat you in all phases of the game in the fourth quarter--just like two years ago.

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 05:56 PM

Dude Im not a sore Loser:mad:
All Ive said was those 2 Bogus PFs against 28 Kept scoring drives alive .
Oh and the Non Interception :rolleyes:

BevoAssassin
10/11/2008, 05:57 PM
Texas won the game fair and square by taking control in the fourth quarter. Texas wanted it more. I hope we don't have OU fans screaming that they were robbed--we beat you in all phases of the game in the fourth quarter--just like two years ago.

Yes, UT deserved to win the game more than OU did, but by no means was that game fair and square. We didn't get robbed but the refs, by no means, helped matters any. You cannot have possibly watched the same game we did and think that was fair and square. There were bad calls on both sides

CK Sooner
10/11/2008, 05:59 PM

This problem has existed for a while now. Stoops is the head coach. It ultimately rests on his shoulders. He can, and needs to, fix it. Question is, will he? He hasn't so far.

I get really tired of hearing him, every year, talk about winning the big 12 championship as their ultimate goal. Sorry folks, I don't buy that. The goal should always be the NC. The Big 12 Championship will fall into place if they work towards that goal.

The refs didn't do us any favors, but they made some pretty bad calls for both sides.

Truth is, we lost. Why? It has to fall on Bob's shoulders. He's ultimately responsible. Now, does he fix it, or keep his head in the sand and say nothing is wrong? We'll see.

Looks like you were the one that is bitching.

:D

St. Louis Sooner
10/11/2008, 06:16 PM
i wanna get drunk with 'vet'; what's ur poison? jack? johnny green? how 'bout simply pounding beers - say 12 12ouncers in less than an hour? whatever it takes;

we simply got beat today; our offensive short time drives + UTs long drives = worn out D; but i still want Luco Brazi's son to go make vulnerables an offer he can't refuse;

dpool2002
10/11/2008, 06:38 PM
on the interception no call, there was a hold on the tight end. If that hold doesn't happen, it's an easy touchdown for Texas as that was where the play was going. Because the hold happened, and not called, the play was extended. So the refs actually blew TWO calls on that play. One for texas and one for OU. It was awful officiating but I've started to get used to that in the big 12.

Blue
10/11/2008, 07:01 PM
Let's just say if I had OU as my fantasy Defense/Special Teams I would have scored negative 5. No turnovers-45 points-and a torn acl. Hell, Reynolds probably didn't have any CL's left.

PA-****ing-thetic. BV is a linebacker coach and a recruiter. Nothing more.

skeeterou
10/11/2008, 07:43 PM
The officiating was terrible and favored texass more than OU, but our defense getting only 1 stop in the 2nd half was what cost us the win.

This.

skeeterou
10/11/2008, 07:45 PM

How about suck my balls. Fair and square. Beer.

Blue
10/11/2008, 07:48 PM
Texas did beat us. We had our chances to stop them. We couldn't. Utter Bull****, but we couldn't. Take a hike to coaching the Fullbacks, BV.

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 08:15 PM
Yes, UT deserved to win the game more than OU did, but by no means was that game fair and square. We didn't get robbed but the refs, by no means, helped matters any. You cannot have possibly watched the same game we did and think that was fair and square. There were bad calls on both sides

I have to laugh--I didn't watch the game at all. I was at my daughter's soccer game, and listened to it in spurts on a little radio. Beating OU was great, but watching my kick butt was even better. My point is that there were bad calls, sure, but that wasn't the reason you lost--giving up 45 points was the reason.

ProdigyDub
10/12/2008, 12:26 AM
Phantom roughing the kicker makes up for McCoy's two horrific sideline injuries.

A phantom roughing the kicker that changed the possession from TX to OU and eventually lead to a TD "makes up for" two 15 yard penalties, one on which TX had a first down any way, and the other of which was on 2nd down, and only led to an FG?

That's sort of goofy math, don't you think?

TXBOOMER
10/12/2008, 08:04 AM
We are gonna take a fu#%ing every week by the zebras. I've defended BV for years on Soonerfans.com, but after seeing the lack of preparedness of our backup LB knowing RR has bad knees I'll accept everyone letting BV have some blame.

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 08:16 AM
Why is Travis Lewis even touching Colty when he's out of bounds? Just keep your damn hands to yourself. Yeah they were BS calls, but just do not put your hands on an opposing player when he's out of bounds, especially if it's the damn QB.

edit..and don't try to hold the mofo up, let him fall or run into something.

Boy, you and I are agreeing on a lot of issues.

That is what I was yelling...just don't touch him at all! Was it ticky-tack? Yes. But touching him gives him a chance to fall, blame you and get that yellow hanky tossed. Every player should know when the QB is out of bounds, go the other way!!!

And this thread is embarrasing if it is being linked to other message boards. To whorn fans reading, the refs didn't give this game to OU. I saw bad calls both ways. I also saw texas answer and score after all five of our scoring drives. Congrats. And enjoy...I think it will be short lived for you. Just look at college football. Hell, Bama, texas and Penn State might all lose in the next few weeks and chaos ensues.

If not, we'll see you in Miami!

The Maestro
10/12/2008, 08:20 AM
I have to laugh--I didn't watch the game at all. I was at my daughter's soccer game, and listened to it in spurts on a little radio. Beating OU was great, but watching my kick butt was even better. My point is that there were bad calls, sure, but that wasn't the reason you lost--giving up 45 points was the reason.

Your name is "footballfanatic" but you were at a little girls soccer game?

Give your name back and turn in your man card. I am sure little Suzie could have gone without your presence once if you were truly a "footballfanatic".

sozo
10/12/2008, 08:21 AM

You could not tell for sure that the ball wasn't over the goal,it was 3rd down anyway.Any time you touch the punter when he is in that position that call is going to be made.Phantom? That's just stupid.

olevetonahill
10/12/2008, 10:27 AM
Nuff said

Ok Now that Ive had time to reflect and sobre up:O
I will delete the part about the Zebras costing us the Game . But I still believe that they Kept saxet in it till RR got hurt and :texan: s were able to exploit the weak Middle .:P
Oh and it was one of tne Best Games Ive seen in years .even tho we lost .

Rogue
10/12/2008, 10:29 AM
Texas outplayed us. They were more prepared and executed better.

The officials wreaked havoc with the natural momentum of the game.

I think the call on the goalline TDs could have gone either way.
You could have called the OU player down at the 6 inch line and the UT player with the ball over the line when his knee hit. Neither one mattered much.

The running into the punter calls, while ticky-tack, were proper rule enforcements.

The roughing Colt calls were poor judgement. Technically can be called but don't have to if the player is pulling up or trying to avoid unnecessary contact, as #28 was both times.

The blown endszone interception call was awful. Still, wouldn't have been an issue if we hadn't let UT drive the field to get there.

Blocking and tackling is where texas won the game yesterday.
Wasn't our scheme, or our gameplan, or even the momentum.
It was execution of the basics.

olevetonahill
10/12/2008, 10:35 AM
I tend to agree with you Bro .
What Im trying to say is Had one or Both of those PF not been called the texas drive would have stalled Prolly . The Interception Non Call would have kept us in the lead and Given the Momentum back to Us.
Im jes sayin those kept the Game close till it Finally turned texas way .
Oh well On to Next week :D