PDA

View Full Version : Well here is my take on the darn game

oumartin
10/11/2008, 03:28 PM
Colt McCoy could thread a football through the eye of the needle.
I am still impressed with Jackson in the secondary.
The front four is still solid.
Our defensive schemes suck.
Never trying to bring pressure from the outside on a blitz, plus showing our blitz too early in the play and allowing Colt to check down.
Not checking their wide receivers at the line of scrimmage is gonna get you killed by a team that isn't afraid to work it down the field like Texas.
Venables is a position coach and BJW is a good recruiter. Other than that they are over their heads.

I said last week the special teams would cost them this game. Well I was pretty much right on.
I will blame officiating much but it was pretty bad but when you have more talent than the team you are playing you best beat them.

We showed again how over rated our offensive line is against a quick defensive end and how poor they are at run blocking. Orackpo came hard on every play and we used no mis direction in the run game to nulify the aggressive nature of their defense.

Good game Texas.

The coaching edge is definately with them the way I see it.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 03:32 PM
Colt McCoy could thread a football through the eye of the needle.
I am still impressed with Jackson in the secondary.
The front four is still solid.
Never trying to bring pressure from the outside on a blitz, plus showing our blitz too early in the play and allowing Colt to check down.
Not checking their wide receivers at the line of scrimmage is gonna get you killed by a team that isn't afraid to work it down the field like Texas.
Venables is a position coach and BJW is a good recruiter. Other than that they are over their heads.

I said last week the special teams would cost them this game. Well I was pretty much right on.
I will blame officiating much but it was pretty bad but when you have more talent than the team you are playing you best beat them.

We showed again how over rated our offensive line is against a quick defensive end and how poor they are at run blocking. Orackpo came hard on every play and we used no mis direction in the run game to nulify the aggressive nature of their defense.

Good game Texas.

The coaching edge is definately with them the way I see it.

And who would have thought that 5 years ago?

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:33 PM

harump!!!...and SPEK

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 03:37 PM
His name is Colt...his mom's name is COUGAR...just sayin'!

Did you see her on GameDay??? Gigggidy!!!!

oumartin
10/11/2008, 03:38 PM
i guess Colts mom is pretty hawt?

sooner518
10/11/2008, 03:39 PM
again, no misdirection running plays. someone said earlier this week that our coaches think our O-line should be dominant and not "resort" to misdrection and counters to run the football..... :rolleyes:

losing Reynolds killed us, and credit Texas and Colt; they used that to their advantage and completely smoked us in the 2nd half.

oumartin
10/11/2008, 03:42 PM
losing RR did hurt us no doubt and it was good coaching by Texas. Pardon my typos as I am doing this while driving down the road.

Bob almost seems entitled or something and that drives me crazy. He didn't seem interested in fixing the special teams and he has yet to go ahead and pull the plug on Venables and the defense takes a step back each year..

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:47 PM
again, no misdirection running plays. someone said earlier this week that our coaches think our O-line should be dominant and not "resort" to misdrection and counters to run the football..... :rolleyes:

We just have to execute better. ;) :rolleyes:

OUthunder
10/11/2008, 03:50 PM
i guess Colts mom is pretty hawt?

Not really. Only if you'd hit just about anything that walks. She was average at best.

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 03:53 PM
I still think they need to get away from the 380 lb. offensive lineman, they get killed by the smaller, more athletic d-linemen and that is what most of college football has anymore. I think something along the line of the Denver Broncos zone blocking scheme/technique would work well in the college game.

oumartin
10/11/2008, 03:55 PM
i just want a coaching staff that will outwork the other coaching staff. Not one that feels entitled.

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 04:01 PM
I called my dad at the end of the game, some of it stems from the "pre-season" games against poor competition, which is the case for everyone for the most part. There are very few interesting inter-sectional games since going to a 12 game schedule. Too many wanted another game for the money and with the expectation of 6 to 7 home games it makes it harder to schedule a decent opponent. I think the 12 game schedule is a failure.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2008, 04:06 PM
I agree with most the assessment, but way too harsh, IMO.
Texas is good. Without Reynolds, they are better than us, but we should have had a bigger lead when he went out. But after that, the outcome seemed excruciatingly inevitable. I feel bad for Crowe, because you know he played his heart out but couldn't come up with the big play. I think we'll have to do some position shuffling if Reynolds can not return.

OUmillenium
10/11/2008, 04:58 PM
harump!!!...and SPEK

Make it double spek for him and 1 for you!