PDA

View Full Version : Noobs and Whiners Stop Now Plzkthx

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:15 PM
Did we get screwed on multiple calls? Yes
Was some play calling questionable at times? Yes

But what I saw in the second half was one team who was going to stop at nothing to win and another team that lacklusterly finished a game and lost by 10. Our corners gambled and missed multiple times, our running game was nonexistent and we couldn't cover the middle of the field to save our lives. We didn't loose because Colt McCoy can't stand straight or because Brent Venables is the antichrist or because Bob Stoops has lost his mojo, we lost because we made more mistakes and couldn't pound the ball down the field like Texas could. Our offense needs more sustainability and a vastly improved running game if we are going to run the table the rest of the way, you can't expect the defense to play 3/4ths of the game. So quit whining and complaining and just face the damn facts.

CK Sooner
10/11/2008, 03:18 PM
True

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:24 PM
With your 164 posts telling anyone else to "stop now" might be a bit presumptuous.

...just sayin.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry I don't post enough for you

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:30 PM

I don't care how much or how little you post. Just don't try to act like you're running the place. Plzkthx

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 03:33 PM

Still a good post
Cept its nOObs, nOOb;)
Im fixing to Neg to some aholes to Bolivia :mad:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
You forgot to mention how poor DeMarco ain't got IT...and the fact that we got reffed again, BIG TIME, enough to cost us the game, AGAIN.

That interception in the end zone that was called an incompletion was a game breaker, IMO. (We are lucky, every year, that coach Stoops hasn't taken another job, yet)

Penguin
Just like was said in the game thread.

If we were blocking and tackling well, the refs or any other pissant excuse would be a non-factor.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 03:35 PM
Just like was said in the game thread.

If we were blocking and tackling well, the refs or any other pissant excuse would be a non-factor.

Or covering the middle; don't forget that

RedRum
10/11/2008, 03:35 PM
When your quarterback throws from 300+ and 5 TD and you still loose by 10 points. There is a fundamental problem with your defense. The same problem that has been happening in the bowl games is rearing it's ugly head in the regular season now.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:36 PM
I don't care how much or how little you post. Just don't try to act like you're running the place. Plzkthx
I'm nowhere acting like I run this place, I'm simply requesting that people cool off and think before they start blaming and whining. But I'm not wasting my time debating you on something as trivial as this.

Back to the point... Honestly people we were outplayed, possibly out coached a bit defensively with our zone schemes and we made mistakes when they didn't.

misplaced_sooner
10/11/2008, 03:38 PM
When your quarterback throws from 300+ and 5 TD and you still loose by 10 points. There is a fundamental problem with your defense. The same problem that has been happening in the bowl games is rearing it's ugly head in the regular season now.

Exactly. I really wanted to believe that the D had turned the corner FINALLY...but it appears it hasn't. Why can't the D play lights out for just ONE season. We'd win the national title and BV would get hired as a head coach somewhere.

win, win.

PLaw
10/11/2008, 03:39 PM

As long as he has something coherent to say that is factual, then he can run the damn place if he wants.

Just sayin', plzthx.

BOOMER

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:39 PM
I'm nowhere acting like I run this place, I'm simply requesting that people cool off and think before they start blaming and whining. But I'm not wasting my time debating you on something as trivial as this.

Back to the point... Honestly people we were outplayed, possibly out coached a bit defensively with our zone schemes and we made mistakes when they didn't.

****, I'm gonna make friends with ya at this point just because you said this.

except I wouldn't say possibly, I'd say for sure.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 03:41 PM
How many folks picked the horns to score 45???

Our defense failed. Our special teams failed. Our running game failed.

Our passing game dominated. 3 against and 1 for is not good odds...

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:41 PM
As long as he has something coherent to say that is factual, then he can run the damn place if he wants.

Just sayin', plzthx.

BOOMER

:confused:

Because someone can say something coherent they get to run the place? I'll be darn, did Phil sign off on this?

OUthunder
10/11/2008, 03:42 PM
I saw a team that was better than us win today and wanted it more.

I also saw that Ryan Rynolds meant more to this team than I ever imagined.

Expect more losses this year if he doesn't play because his replacement got OWNED big time.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:44 PM
Exactly. I really wanted to believe that the D had turned the corner FINALLY...but it appears it hasn't. Why can't the D play lights out for just ONE season. We'd win the national title and BV would get hired as a head coach somewhere.

win, win.
Because we played one of the three best quarterbacks in the nation who was completely on fire. I'm not bailing out our defense, they did a pathetic job covering the middle (Reynold's absence being key) and gambled too much but McCoy deserves a lot of credit.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:46 PM
****, I'm gonna make friends with ya at this point just because you said this.

except I wouldn't say possibly, I'd say for sure.
But was is really that bad in your opinion? Coverage was there except for in the middle, McCoy repeatedly threaded the needle on excellent coverage and then stepped up for a run or two when needed. Even though I still believe Bradford is a better player, McCoy gets the game ball for sure.

85Sooner
10/11/2008, 03:48 PM

But what I saw in the second half was one team who was going to stop at nothing to win and another team that lacklusterly finished a game and lost by 10. Our corners gambled and missed multiple times, our running game was nonexistent and we couldn't cover the middle of the field to save our lives. We didn't loose because Colt McCoy can't stand straight or because Brent Venables is the antichrist or because Bob Stoops has lost his mojo, we lost because we made more mistakes and couldn't pound the ball down the field like Texas could. Our offense needs more sustainability and a vastly improved running game if we are going to run the table the rest of the way, you can't expect the defense to play 3/4ths of the game. So quit whining and complaining and just face the damn facts.

That seems like whining to me.:)

1890MilesToNorman
10/11/2008, 03:49 PM
We are in conference play now and nothing will come easy. Big XII is by far the best conference this year and all of us will lose one or two.

Bradford had another great game with 5 td's and just under 400 yards, tejas out played us and showed some character. Anyone who watched the game knows those were both top 5 teams in the country and on any given Saturday, well you know.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:51 PM
But was is really that bad in your opinion? Coverage was there except for in the middle, McCoy repeatedly threaded the needle on excellent coverage and then stepped up for a run or two when needed. Even though I still believe Bradford is a better player, McCoy gets the game ball for sure.

What was bad is we never made an adjustment to take away the middle of the field. We were burned on blitzes because out blitz package is so predictable, has been since BV took over, and we are remain bad tacklers.

McCoy played a whale of a game, but even so we made it somewhat easy.

SoonerLB
10/11/2008, 03:52 PM
How many folks picked the horns to score 45???

Our defense failed. Our special teams failed. Our running game failed.

Our passing game dominated. 3 against and 1 for is not good odds...

That pretty much says it all. The running game was so pathetic that I think we should have passed, passed, and passed some more. Couldn't have been any worse than our complete failure to run, and we might have just scored if Sam had been allowed to try.

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 03:55 PM
Im gonna quit Posting fer awhile . nOObs are pizzing me off .:mad:

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:57 PM
What was bad is we never made an adjustment to take away the middle of the field. We were burned on blitzes because out blitz package is so predictable, has been since BV took over, and we are remain bad tacklers.

McCoy played a whale of a game, but even so we made it somewhat easy.
I'll agree with you there. The blitz packages were obvious and very readable, especially for a good quarterback, and McCoy took advantage of that extensively. I didn't think tackling was that bad, I just remember a bad miss on Ogadaboyahaove's 30 yard run in the first half, although I probably missed some, I didn't see all of the first half I was too busy sucking it up at a cross country meet:(

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 04:00 PM
Im gonna quit Posting fer awhile . nOObs are pizzing me off .:mad:

Come on big guy, get in here and mix it up a little bit. I know you ain't skeered! :D

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 04:24 PM
Come on big guy, get in here and mix it up a little bit. I know you ain't skeered! :D

You Know I aint skeered.
Its the nOObs and Negitive folks that should be skeered
jes sayin

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 04:26 PM
Nothing to be afraid of...OU got beat. We played great in one phase of the game. The other phases? We sucked. Hard to win when that happens.

Best players...Sam, Manny, Jermaine, Ryan and Joaquin. After that? Eh...

Socrefbek
10/11/2008, 04:45 PM

BullSh!t

Two teams played their asses off and many a good play was made.

CRAPTASTIC officials screwed the Sooners out of that game.

It was an interception and BOTH of those roughing calls against Travis Wilson were bogus. OU lost their starting middle LB for the season.

Loadholt and Robinson are overated and can't run block to save their life.

STOOPS! FIX the GDDMND KICK COVERAGE!!!!!

Thats all for now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 06:16 PM
BullSh!t

Two teams played their asses off and many a good play was made.

CRAPTASTIC officials screwed the Sooners out of that game.

It was an interception and BOTH of those roughing calls against Travis Wilson were bogus. OU lost their starting middle LB for the season.

Loadholt and Robinson are overated and can't run block to save their life.

STOOPS! FIX the GDDMND KICK COVERAGE!!!!!

Thats all for now.Perfect Post. 100%. Close thread.

GottaHavePride
10/11/2008, 06:40 PM
:confused:

Because someone can say something coherent they get to run the place? I'll be darn, did Phil sign off on this?

Considering most of the yahoos around here, it might be as good a criteria as any. ;)

mustangsooner
10/11/2008, 09:48 PM

I do not post on here a lot either but I totally agree with you. I mainly get on here to read recruiting info cause I am to cheap to pay for it. However I do know that when Saxet loses everyone on here laughs and thinks it is funny that there board is having a melt down. Well guess what I see the same **** over here and kind of think it is funny. Guess what fellas we are gonna lose a game from time to time and everyone on here runs around like the world coming to an end. Guess what chicken little the sky isn't fallin and we are still a great football team we got beat by a good Texas team that was ranked in the top five. Shut up and quit whining over it and lets get ready to skull**** some jayhawks.