PDA

View Full Version : Hurry Up O Hurts The D

TXBOOMER
10/11/2008, 03:07 PM
I believe the hurry up, fast break is good against shatty teams but against a good team the D is gonna get tired. Austin English could hardly get out of his stance in the last quarter. I know losing Ryan Reynolds and giving up a kickoff for a touchdown and not getting the interception call and the two phantom personal fouls on Colt McCoy factored in but I would like to slow it down a little against good teams to give the D time to rest. F texass! Boomer Sooner!

TJKDone
10/11/2008, 03:26 PM
I believe the hurry up, fast break is good against shatty teams but against a good team the D is gonna get tired. Austin English could hardly get out of his stance in the last quarter. I know losing Ryan Reynolds and giving up a kickoff for a touchdown and not getting the interception call and the two phantom personal fouls on Colt McCoy factored in but I would like to slow it down a little against good teams to give the D time to rest. F texass! Boomer Sooner!

Your offense is damn good. I think the best scoring machine in CFB...but I think you have hit the nail on the head concerning this offense with the current personel.

Before you blame Venables look at when we ran the ball, second half and later in it. You schemed well against us and shut down the run in the early going. As we stuck with the run and had a huge advantage in time of possession you guys were very vulnerable.

The only other problem I see with your offense is the lack in your run game. Demarco isn't the same guy as last year, at one point very late in the game he had more carries than yards. So to add to the fact that you score too quick, you don't take any time off the clock with the run.

Could cause you problems with the team you play in the bowl.

Great game. A classic.

Hook'em

TUSooner
10/11/2008, 03:27 PM

Hear him!