PDA

View Full Version : I'm putting out an APB on...

the_ouskull
10/11/2008, 02:52 PM
...a coach that used to answer to the name of "Big Game Bob." He's just "Bob" now. Conference championships are only big games if you lose them when you're expected to win them.

...maybe we'd have won it if we just called it the Cotton. I think calling it the Cotton Bowl gets into some people's heads...

I f*cking hate this so much...

the_ouskull

OUHOMER
10/11/2008, 02:58 PM
yep

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/11/2008, 03:02 PM
This loss was Stoop's fault how? Our defense had more holes in it in the middle than I've seen and a while, not to mention that the fake punt would have worked if Knall could have just stretched out a bit. Don't blame this on Stoops.

OUWxGuesser
10/11/2008, 03:04 PM
Please. One more yard on the fake punt and there may be a totally different tune on this board.

Remembering Tom Stidham
10/11/2008, 03:08 PM
I have never liked Bobby Jack. His inadequacies were obvious, today.

FlatheadSooner
10/11/2008, 03:14 PM
I think nickname "Big Game" anyone is setting up for disappointment. Big games are hard to win on consistent basis.

There were few areas that hurt us today:
Penalties
Bad calls
Passs coverage
Reynolds going down
Overthinking the play calls vs using the hurry up

:(

Penguin
10/11/2008, 03:19 PM
I don't think Bob Stoops choked.

If our guys could have tackled better, nicknames, refs, tempo, etc. wouldn't be factors at all.

bcgvh
10/11/2008, 03:28 PM
I think nickname "Big Game" anyone is setting up for disappointment. Big games are hard to win on consistent basis.

:(

No, "Little Game Bob" only wins big games occasionally any more...well, we lose more often than we win now. He has more of a reputation for beating up on the little guys and getting pounded by the big boys.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 03:33 PM
379 yards passing and 5 TD's and lost by 10.

Seems that's a defensive coaching issue...Stoops is a defensive coach.

How many other OU QB's have passed for 379, 5 TD's and lost...BY 10?!?!?

boomrsoonr
10/11/2008, 04:48 PM
This loss was Stoop's fault how? Our defense had more holes in it in the middle than I've seen and a while, not to mention that the fake punt would have worked if Knall could have just stretched out a bit. Don't blame this on Stoops.

This problem has existed for a while now. Stoops is the head coach. It ultimately rests on his shoulders. He can, and needs to, fix it. Question is, will he? He hasn't so far.

I get really tired of hearing him, every year, talk about winning the big 12 championship as their ultimate goal. Sorry folks, I don't buy that. The goal should always be the NC. The Big 12 Championship will fall into place if they work towards that goal.