PDA

View Full Version : Murray

Sooner13
10/11/2008, 02:49 PM
I know Murray had a couple of big plays today on the receiving end, but he is not the player he was. I held reservation until this game because his stats this year compared to last at this time were fairly comparable. I'm sorry but today, again, he looked slow and indecisive.

I'm not blaming the game on Murray as our O-line didn't do much to help but he is no longer the difference maker we once had at RB. In fact, we have no difference maker at RB and that is tough to overcome, especially in a game like this.

OUHOMER
10/11/2008, 02:52 PM
granted he did not have a big day, bu he did not have hole either.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2008, 02:54 PM
If our o-line continues on the decline we will lose to a lot worse teams than Texas.

Texas's defense is not USC's or even LSU's.

mizzOUstu702
10/11/2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, you can't blame the game on him, but at his current state right now, and how he's been all year, I don't think he would start at top tier schools. I'm not saying to bench him, I'm just saying he's not what he was last year--I don't know if it's mental, physical, what the hell ever--he just isn't the same player.

Indy Sooner
10/11/2008, 02:58 PM
In fact, we have no difference maker at RB and that is tough to overcome, especially in a game like this.

Very true...

Okie35
10/11/2008, 03:01 PM
umm we're still fine murray is ok... dont put it on him... we still have a chance to win the big 12 just like in 06

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 03:10 PM
umm we're still fine murray is ok... dont put it on him... we still have a chance to win the big 12 just like in 06

I hope you are right, but after today, i don't see it; Texas would have to lose 3 times because i think without Reynolds, we lose another one somewhere down the road

Sooner98
10/11/2008, 03:13 PM
Demarco just isn't able to make anyone miss - he is too easy to tackle this year. No explosiveness, no elusiveness. Too bad.

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 03:14 PM
OU o-line = overrated. Going forward give me much smaller and quicker players who will knock their man down, not just get in their way for a few secs. An o-line the size of OUs should be burying the opposing linemen.

SoonerStats
10/11/2008, 04:31 PM
To me it seemed like Murray was running a little harder after being replaced by Madu when it looked like they were trying to run some clock. That and maybe there was some space there that wasn't earlier. Either way, he's not 100% back whether it's mentally or physically.

JLEW1818
10/11/2008, 04:34 PM
Don't be surprised if Murray gets moved to WR next year. And Calhoun becomes the running back.

You heard it from me.

aurorasooner
10/11/2008, 04:47 PM
I thought he looked like last year's DM on that KO when Texas went up 38-35 ( I think that was the KO). Dunno, maybe it's a head-thing with him.

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 04:54 PM
I think it's a head-thing with him. On most of his runs (particularly inside the tackles) he's not hitting the hole hard and fast, but seemingly waiting for something. He's also making too many moves behind the LOS.

St. Louis Sooner
10/11/2008, 05:43 PM
he lost his elusiveness at T Tech last year ... due to the injury; he had an amazing juke / cut that made him hard to bring down ... but it's not there this year; couple that with his lack of picking up his feet when he runs, and he's definitely worse than last year; i say give Madu the nod and move Murray down the depth chart.