PDA

View Full Version : John Robinson was right

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2008, 02:41 PM
OU relied too much on the big plays when on offense. UT was able to grind it out better.

Congratulations to UT. Outstanding game. But OU has nothing to be ashamed about. Both are excellent teams that played well. UT was simply better at ball control than OU, and that was the difference IMO.

JLB
10/11/2008, 02:47 PM
OU has no effective running game.Murray seems like he has lost a step.OUs defense played great in the first half but in the second they stunk it up.
Texas did a great job of managing the flow of the game and thats why they won.
Cant blame it on the refs.Made some crappy calls on both sides of the field.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/11/2008, 02:52 PM
Our defense is best when they're out on the sideline watching the tailback grind it out on the ground eating up that game clock and eating up yardage in measured units.

I feel bad for the defense. It's not their fault that they played 3/4ths of the game(and that Brent Venables is their coach--just for olevet ;)

TUSooner
10/11/2008, 03:00 PM
OU relied too much on the big plays when on offense. UT was able to grind it out better.

Congratulations to UT. Outstanding game. But OU has nothing to be ashamed about. Both are excellent teams that played well. UT was simply better at ball control than OU, and that was the difference IMO.

After a couple of 2-minute drives, I thought, "We're too much like TTech because we can't control the ball."

Agreed that OUr D was on the field way too long, but they could have helped themselves a little more. Didn;t tejas score on every possession of the 2d half except their 1st and last, when they just killed clock? That's just bad defense no matter how you look at it.
That KR TD was kinda bad, too.

Johnny Utah
10/11/2008, 03:08 PM
Our defense is best when they're out on the sideline watching the tailback grind it out on the ground eating up that game clock and eating up yardage in measured units.

I feel bad for the defense. It's not their fault that they played 3/4ths of the game(and that Brent Venables is their coach--just for olevet ;)

... as is most any defense no matter how much talent it has. The lack of a run game and being able to control the ball/game/clock hurt.