PDA

View Full Version : we still have a good chance to make it to title game

PDXsooner
10/11/2008, 02:41 PM
tough loss. our D definitely has to improve. but don't overreact and think the season's over. we play a top 12 team next week in kansas and still have plenty of big games to prove ourselves.

texas has to play mizzou next week, and the SEC powers still have several collisions to clean up the top ten.

if we win out we've got a great chance to redemm ourselves.

JLEW1818
10/11/2008, 02:46 PM
Texas got has Missouri, Tech, And Oklahoma State.

wishbonesooner
10/11/2008, 02:50 PM
The season's not over, but we will have to improve a lot defensively to have any shot.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 02:53 PM
We have a chance, not a good chance.

Even if we have the same record as some other teams I can see them getting the nod because of our recent habit of not getting the job done in big games.

SoonR4Life
10/11/2008, 02:54 PM
Season is definitely not over.

We need:

1. To win out
2. Two texas losses

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 02:54 PM
We have no chance, and that's probably not a bad thing; this defense is not national championship caliber, especially if Reynolds is done for the season

OUWxGuesser
10/11/2008, 03:00 PM
especially if Reynolds is done for the season

Reynolds was the difference in my eyes. That seemed to be the turning point. I feel sorry for Bradford and the offense... great day and still come up short.

FlatheadSooner
10/11/2008, 03:04 PM
We have a chance, not a good chance.

Even if we have the same record as some other teams I can see them getting the nod because of our recent habit of not getting the job done in big games.

Somewhat agree, but the way teams go down every week, we should keep our heads up. I do like the fact that OU played hard - abeit too many penalties. No one can say that this wasn't a good game. We beat ourselves and so at least the areas needing work are obvious - except for Reynolds going out.

I'd say we have more than "not a good chance".
:( :mad: :confused: :O :cool:

Okie35
10/11/2008, 03:04 PM
yea its fine... i see texas losing to mizzou and tech...

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:11 PM
Texas has a long road in front of them. Let's just hope that Missouri puts it to the Pokes tonight, otherwise we will never hear the end of it from them.

OUGuf
10/11/2008, 03:14 PM
we get the int in the endzone, and special teams doesnt f-up a return and its a tied game.
refs, and special teams helped the defense lose today my friends.

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:16 PM
I agree with the special teams, but the int in the end zone came back our way with the roughing the kicker call. Granted I was very p*ssed when we didn't get the int, but how happy were you when our punter won the emmy!

Eielson
10/11/2008, 03:18 PM
Missouri is probably going to have to beat Texas. If that happens we have a shot. I still don't honestly see Texas as a National Title team. Perhaps Oklahoma State could maybe not blow a huge lead against them or Tech could pull off an upset. Then again, we have just as much of a chance at losing to those teams as they do.

We lost Reynolds and that will definately hurt, I think we can recover, though. The problem I see is running the ball. Mike Knall looks like he might be our best runner.

Eielson
10/11/2008, 03:21 PM
I agree with the special teams, but the int in the end zone came back our way with the roughing the kicker call. Granted I was very p*ssed when we didn't get the int, but how happy were you when our punter won the emmy!

I don't see how he won the emmy? He obviously got ran into and got the 5 yarder. That laying on the ground and stuff didn't get him anything else. McCoy on the other hand...

JLEW1818
10/11/2008, 03:22 PM
When the hell is the last time an Oklahoma QB has thrown for 5 touchdowns and lost. That tells you that the Defense is absolutely horrible, during the game.

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:23 PM
The way I see it there were two really bad calls against us and two really bad calls against them.

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Eielson;2440194]Missouri is probably going to have to beat Texas. If that happens we have a shot. I still don't honestly see Texas as a National Title team. Perhaps Oklahoma State could maybe not blow a huge lead against them or Tech could pull off an upset. Then again, we have just as much of a chance at losing to those teams as they do. QUOTE]

Texas is going to have to lose two and us win out otherwise I don't see a NCG happening.

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 03:28 PM
When the hell is the last time an Oklahoma QB has thrown for 5 touchdowns and lost. That tells you that the Defense is absolutely horrible, during the game.

You'd a thought that at some point we might cover someone in the middle of the field. Guess that was my mistake thinking we might make that adjustment.

JLEW1818
10/11/2008, 03:28 PM
Don't forget the play @ Kansas too.

Remember last year everybody was freaking out when we Lost to Colorado, then we had our chance to get back in, and almost had a chance even after we lost to Tech.

It just sucks b/c we have to win and hope now.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 03:31 PM
Don't forget the play @ Kansas too.

Remember last year everybody was freaking out when we Lost to Colorado, then we had our chance to get back in, and almost had a chance even after we lost to Tech.

It just sucks b/c we have to win and hope now.

And we should not be in that situation, period.

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:37 PM
We shouldn't be in that situation at all. After seeing today's game let's just hope our D runs over all the remaining teams (especially Tech in the back field).

soonerborn45
10/11/2008, 03:41 PM
It is going to be tough. Replacing Reynolds and just plain getting better on D. Texas has got a tough road ahead of them. Tech is tough and Mizzou aint bad with the booger eater at the helm. Hey you just gotta remember, this is college football, anything can happen. Look at the 2007 season. Everyone is capable of getting beat.

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 03:49 PM
I could care less about the title game at this point, it shouldn't even be something to be thought about at this time. There are way too many games left to even think about it to me.

One game at a time people :D

HoustonSooner23
10/11/2008, 03:54 PM
I could care less about the title game at this point, it shouldn't even be something to be thought about at this time. There are way too many games left to even think about it to me.

The title game should always be in the back of your mind. That is what makes us Sooners!

bluedogok
10/11/2008, 03:57 PM
If you take care of business every week, the title game is pretty much a given.
That is why I don't think about it.
If you don't take care of business, it is out of your control and your own fault what ends up happening.

PDXsooner
10/11/2008, 03:57 PM

please. i think of ways OU can get to the title game from every angle all season. somehow i think if i don't focus on the next game the team will find a way to overcome :rolleyes:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/11/2008, 04:45 PM
We have no chance, and that's probably not a bad thing; this defense is not national championship caliber, especially if Reynolds is done for the season

I'll be the contrarion. No doubt Reynolds is/was the leader of the defense but this time last year even after beating Texas there was all kinds of criticism of Reynolds in particular because he couldn't cover a TE. I'm not going to lie, the loss is really going to hurt but you think we don't have anybody else on the team that can't step up and play. It isn't like we are going to play 10 guys on defense.

I think our chances are not great but I disagree entirely that we have no chance. For starters the only game left on the schedule that "should" be tough to win @OSU. It is definitely possible that we can run the table.

Texas could lose to MU and another game along the way. Didn't we just win the Big 12 2 years ago after losing to Texas? I can come up with multiple scenarios right now that could get us #1 by the end of the year and probably a couple where Texas and OU meet again in the NC game.

Losing today sucks but lets not act like the season is over.

TUSooner
10/11/2008, 04:54 PM

True dat! :)