PDA

View Full Version : Good Game TX

Denver_Sooner
10/11/2008, 02:40 PM
One of the best OU-TX games I have ever watched...... McCoy is the real McCoy

Tuck Fexas............

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'm impressed. I am not sure they can run the table (rushing game is weak) but there aren't many better teams out there, that's for sure.

nytehorn
10/11/2008, 02:52 PM
refs messed this one up. Some very good acting on both sides, and the refs bought it. Overall, a great game.

OUHOMER
10/11/2008, 02:53 PM
**** texas

GrapevineSooner
10/11/2008, 02:57 PM
Everytime our offense scored to put us up by arm's length, they responded. They earned it.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 03:01 PM
Congrats to the horns. I didn't figure holding a team to 45 would result in a win. Same defense I saw in Glendale last year. Not good. And spare me the whole "Ryan Reynolds was out" excuse. It is what it is...an excuse.

Sam threw for 5 TD's and 379 yards...and lost by 10 to texas. That's pathetic defense.

But please, KW...seriously...did you see something from the run game I didn't? Ummmm...when the play clock is inside of 10 and you go from split backs to I-formation, who the FFFFFF do you think you are fooling? Obviously a run play!!!

Curious to see what the run yards and plays vs. pass plays. Don't take the ball out of Sam's hands. A shame, though, that it was going to take 46 to win.

Our defense...nice tackling of Colt. "Ooooh...let's be nice and wrap him up nice..." NO!!! HIT THE MF'ER!!!! We never got a good lick on him...and I blame them for that.

We have a world class offense, when KW decides to quit trying to establish a running game that is not there. Our defense is average. Our offense has so many weapons...when we pass.

379 yards and 5 TD's...and lost by 10.

Oh, and Ryan Broyles should be on all kickoffs and punts. JI and DM JOG on kickoffs...and it sucks...

Uh...again, congrats, horns. You earned it, you won it and you should be ecstatic. Great win.

Turd_Ferguson
10/11/2008, 03:04 PM
Congrats to the horns. I didn't figure holding a team to 45 would result in a win. Same defense I saw in Glendale last year. Not good. And spare me the whole "Ryan Reynolds was out" excuse. It is what it is...an excuse.

Sam threw for 5 TD's and 379 yards...and lost by 10 to texas. That's pathetic defense.

But please, KW...seriously...did you see something from the run game I didn't? Ummmm...when the play clock is inside of 10 and you go from split backs to I-formation, who the FFFFFF do you think you are fooling? Obviously a run play!!!

Curious to see what the run yards and plays vs. pass plays. Don't take the ball out of Sam's hands. A shame, though, that it was going to take 46 to win.

Our defense...nice tackling of Colt. "Ooooh...let's be nice and wrap him up nice..." NO!!! HIT THE MF'ER!!!! We never got a good lick on him...and I blame them for that.

We have a world class offense, when KW decides to quit trying to establish a running game that is not there. Our defense is average. Our offense has so many weapons...when we pass.

Oh, and Ryan Broyles should be on all kickoffs and punts. JI and DM JOG on kickoffs...and it sucks...

Uh...again, congrats, horns. You earned it, you won it and you should be ecstatic. Great win.^^^^^^^^^^Zackly my thoughts....great post.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/11/2008, 03:07 PM
UT played well, OU didn't. KW play calling sucks at best, he used to have a brain at NW, he seems to have lost it here. OTOH, UT executed well and it was a well fought game. Hard to be too depressed, we still have a good team, Colt and the UT D earned my respect today.

Congrats to UT.

tommieharris91
10/11/2008, 03:15 PM

Uh...again, congrats, horns. You earned it, you won it and you should be ecstatic. Great win.
Meh, I think missing Reynolds was really big for our defense. I think we had trouble hitting McCoy because of the rulebook and his diving. Other than that I agree with everything.

birddog
10/11/2008, 04:10 PM
that was a fun game to watch. i got over it about 10 minutes after the whistle.

this is a different era of football. everyone loses and our season is FAR from over.

Spray
10/11/2008, 04:14 PM
Actually, both teams played well, put on a show, and we have work to do. Both D's showed how difficult the Big XII will be this year. Offenses are WAY ahead of the defenses right now.

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 05:42 PM
OU played a great game. You guys are really good. That was the hardest win we've had in along, long time. In the fourth quarter, our team just wanted it more--tha twas the only difference. It's an honor to play your team. God luck for the rest of the season.

Spray
10/11/2008, 05:47 PM
"God luck"

I know its a typo, but that's the kind of luck I hope we get. :D

olevetonahill
10/11/2008, 05:50 PM
OU played a great game. You guys are really good. That was the hardest win we've had in along, long time. In the fourth quarter, our team just wanted it more--tha twas the only difference. It's an honor to play your team. God luck for the rest of the season.

I speked a :texan: :eek:

footballfanatic
10/11/2008, 05:55 PM
I know its a typo, but that's the kind of luck I hope we get. :D

That's the kind of luck our whole country needs right now.

Tailgate
10/11/2008, 05:58 PM
A classic. It was a coin toss from the beginning and that is how it played out.

Great game Sooners.

nytehorn
10/11/2008, 06:05 PM
What a game!! I expected OU 45-TX 13. The BigXII Rocks!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2008, 06:06 PM
What happened.. happened and now it's over. Congratulations to the winners and now let's move on and get ready for Kansas next week.

P.S. I've been an OU fan since the Run of '71 and I've been to 4 OU/Texas games. I don't like losing any more than anyone else but it happens. Win or lose I am still glad to be a Sooner

Leroy Lizard
10/11/2008, 06:35 PM
UT played well, OU didn't. KW play calling sucks at best, he used to have a brain at NW, he seems to have lost it here.

435 yards of offense and 35 points, and his play calling sucked? Sure, okay.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 06:35 PM
OU played a great game. You guys are really good. That was the hardest win we've had in along, long time. In the fourth quarter, our team just wanted it more--tha twas the only difference. It's an honor to play your team. God luck for the rest of the season.Thanks, whorn. You accidentally forgot the tongue-in-cheek, alligator tears apology for your refs.

SWFloridaSooner
10/11/2008, 06:40 PM
Congratulations Texas. You won a hard fought game. I hate losing, but I do enjoy seeing so many great teams in the Big XII again.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/12/2008, 04:09 PM
435 yards of offense and 35 points, and his play calling sucked? Sure, okay.

Either he called the dive play or run into the middle way too often and no counter plays. Or our O line can only pass block. Not sure since I didn't see the game and only had Gametracker to rely on for my game time experience. Did you see something more than I did??