PDA

View Full Version : The Texazz Refs are going to win this game...

Sooner_75
10/11/2008, 01:56 PM
They have made some calls that are just ruining this game...

1st. Personal Foul on Colt on the Texas Sideline... VERY Bad Call...He was trying to hold him up...

2nd. Personal Foul late hit by Lewis out of bounds...VERY BAd Call...He was trying to hold him up..

3rd. Interception in end zone...He had possession of the ball...The freakin ground caused the ball to come out...VERY VERY Bad call...

I am sick of OU always having to beat the damn refs...If OU wins this game, that means that they are better than Tejas and all the refs on the field...I am so damn sick of the Refs controlling the pace and outcome of the game...

Please if anybody knows how to protest the referees egregious errors in this game, please let me know...I have been a fan for a very long time, but after this, I will probably have to admit myself into the local Cardiac hospital, because my heart is about to quit...

For gods sake, please just call a fair game...

Boomer Sooner....

jage
10/11/2008, 02:35 PM
While I agree with the horrible calls, and I know you're just venting...that running into the kicker call was just as bad and resulted in a TD for us.

I'd blame our defense more than the refs.

Sam had a lights out performance...it's just too bad the defense couldn't help him out.

SoonerStormchaser
10/11/2008, 02:37 PM
While I agree with the horrible calls, and I know you're just venting...that running into the kicker call was just as bad and resulted in a TD for us.

I'd blame our defense more than the refs.

Sam had a lights out performance...it's just too bad the defense couldn't help him out.

He definitely ran into the kicker...but had Knall not gone all Oscar on the aftermath, it would've and should've been just a 5-yarder...still first down OU.

getrdone
10/11/2008, 02:43 PM
1. how about the first running into the kicker should have been 15 yds.

2. took away the pick in the end zone

3. late hit on mccoy out of bounds

4. see #3

5. beal being tackled by o lineman on the rb's big run for their last td-beal by the way was within a step of the rb when tackled

6. on our next to last possession-3rd and 2 incomplete pass-tex lb had his hands all over either jonhson or iglesias

7. shipley's td on kick ret-lewis is not only hit in the back, he's held at the same time.

8. on the tx fg drive late in 3rd q-look at right tackle's arms-extended with hands full of ou jersey-no call

we didn't play well defensively-but so many things went against us and for texas-they got almost every break.

SoonerDood
10/11/2008, 02:44 PM
at least 1 holding call would have been nice. :(

Vaevictis
10/11/2008, 02:47 PM
It would have helped if Stoops had gone for it on that 4th and 2 when it was clear our defense wasn't stopping them.

It was obvious that our offense was better than our defense at that point.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2008, 02:53 PM
It would have helped if Stoops had gone for it on that 4th and 2 when it was clear our defense wasn't stopping them.

Completely agree. I don't know what he was thinking, if you go for the fake punt this was a no-brainer.

IronHorseSooner
10/11/2008, 02:58 PM
That was a key play in the game. The D was gassed, and without RR, they were confused. texass couldn't stop the screens, and the run game wasn't working, so I wonder why on those 2nd and medium/shorts in those last couple of drives, we didn't go to those.

tulsaoilerfan
10/11/2008, 03:02 PM

I thought the same thing at that moment; there was no way in hell our defense was going to get us the ball back only trailing by 3; coaching all around failed us big time today

sooner518
10/11/2008, 03:35 PM

havent you read hornfans.com? Texas doesnt hold :rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2008, 03:39 PM
1. how about the first running into the kicker should have been 15 yds.

2. took away the pick in the end zone

3. late hit on mccoy out of bounds

4. see #3

5. beal being tackled by o lineman on the rb's big run for their last td-beal by the way was within a step of the rb when tackled

6. on our next to last possession-3rd and 2 incomplete pass-tex lb had his hands all over either jonhson or iglesias

7. shipley's td on kick ret-lewis is not only hit in the back, he's held at the same time.

8. on the tx fg drive late in 3rd q-look at right tackle's arms-extended with hands full of ou jersey-no call

we didn't play well defensively-but so many things went against us and for texas-they got almost every break.Sorta like the voter fraud by ACORN, and their help by the MSM.

Sooner1979
10/11/2008, 04:35 PM
Here is how I look at the Refs few calls that were game changes...When you have a player scramble (McCoy) out of bounds on third and long and then one of our players follows him out of bounds and bumps him, but clearly grabs is uni to keep him from injury, that shows great sportsmanship on OU's part, but then the Zebra's penalize him...WTF...It just ruins the momentum that either team had...

I will be the first to admit that UT played with more heart and played a great game, but Sam threw 5 TD's 1 Int and for close to if not 400 passing yards, and we still lost...

One of the intangibles was McCoy's ability to scramble for 5 yards out of bounds and trip on a UT players foot on the sideline and an OU player that was in pursuit try and grab his uni to keep him from falling...How in the F___ is that a penalty...They called that twice...Awful, Awful and once again, F'ing Awful...Then we have a pick in the endzone, he clearly gains possession of the ball and then when he hits the ground, the ball pops out...That is a touchback for Texas if it the situation were turned around...Oh no, but OU didnt deserve that, so incomplete...B-F'ing-S...

I could go on and on, but I am going to have a cardiac arrest if I dont calm down...OU would have won if it were called fairly...Sure the refs had some make up calls late in the game in favor of OU, but they meant nothing...

I need to know who to contact at the Big XII office to voice a complaint about this crap...I know it will not give us a win, but they should be fired...If I made those errors at work, I would be fired, investigated and then probabaly put in jail...The Refs on the other hand wont lose sleep and will continue to screw dogs, sheeps and of course Horns and be ready to screw the next team's mascot or coach next week...

Just call a game fairly...

By the way, Props to Texas, they played a very good game...Props to the Sooners, for the most part they played a very good game...Great players on both sides of the balls for both teams, but pissed that the game came down to the Refs decision again...

Brent V. did a good job with what he had on Defense...Please guys quit calling for this guys head...He is one of the best, if not best, D coordinators in the country...He developed a set of Linebackers from scraps that are pretty damn good and has had to deal with injuries all year...

I wouldn't trade one of OU's coaches for anybody in the Nation, but maybe the guy that prepares the Kicking Coverage Coach...That is bad to let your rival run a kick of return back right after you gain the momentum...

Boomer Sooner, and Beat the Jayhawks out of Kansas next week...Lets not start playing this game of if so and so loses and so and so loses, we still have a chance...That may be true, but lets just prepare our team to play as well as they can for the rest of the season and get healthy...Oh and also hope that our team continues to improve each week...

iwannabelikesam
10/11/2008, 04:42 PM

To be fair, Loadholt was holding every single play. Even then sometimes the D blew right by him.