PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem.

colinreturn
10/10/2008, 11:53 PM
People have been asking me if i want to go out to a bar or someplace to watch the game tomorrow. I cant explain why to them, but i say no.

Am I the only person that gets too intense to be in public for the OU Texas game?

The game is too important. I will be standing in my living room screaming.

SoonerEmpire
10/10/2008, 11:57 PM
I'm exactly the opposite. This is the one game that I'll be headed out to a bar for. I get too intense to stay home for this game. My roommates aren't big sports fans, and I don't think they would appreciate the constant screaming and cussing at the tv every 5 seconds. I'm thinking about hitting up the Bricktown Brewery. I haven't been there in a few years, but last time I was there, they had a good crowd. Pretty rowdy bunch back then. Don't know if it's the same anymore though.

tigepilot
10/11/2008, 12:12 AM
The only time I go to a bar of any type to watch a game is if I can't get it by other means. For example, I'm on a trip and my hotel doesn't carry FSN. Bars of any type are the last place to enjoy a game IMHO. It's noisy (not game noise), I can't hear the game, the food and drinks cost WAY more than they do at my house, and I can't scream at the TV. My view is that if you're going to a bar to watch a game that you can otherwise get at home, you're really going there for other reasons, ie socializing. Instead of going to the bar with friends, invite them to your house... it will be more fun.

Tomorrow, I have one Sooner friend and two shortwhoren friends comming over here. I'm thinking the Sooner half of our personal stadium will have more fun than than the other. :D

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 12:36 AM
The only time I go to a bar of any type to watch a game is if I can't get it by other means. For example, I'm on a trip and my hotel doesn't carry FSN. Bars of any type are the last place to enjoy a game IMHO. It's noisy (not game noise), I can't hear the game, the food and drinks cost WAY more than they do at my house, and I can't scream at the TV. My view is that if you're going to a bar to watch a game that you can otherwise get at home, you're really going there for other reasons, ie socializing. Instead of going to the bar with friends, invite them to your house... it will be more fun.

Tomorrow, I have one Sooner friend and two shortwhoren friends comming over here. I'm thinking the Sooner half of our personal stadium will have more fun than than the other. :D

Sounds to me like you have two too many friends. ;)

StoopTroup
10/11/2008, 12:38 AM
Your problem is nothing compared to mine...

The whorn buses are in the parking lot and I'm drunk and I have a knife! ;) :D

Curly Bill
10/11/2008, 12:42 AM

That would be worth some mad SPEK! :D

StoopTroup
10/11/2008, 12:45 AM
I can't do it...

Lord knows I want to...and...I'm not the only one...the bar was loaded with Sooners daring each other....lol

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2008, 12:48 AM
ahhh let somebody else do it.. you can laugh while someone else suffers the consequences

StoopTroup
10/11/2008, 12:51 AM
ahhh let somebody else do it.. you can laugh while someone else suffers the consequences

My thoughts exactly....

As long as I keep posting here until game time...you all are my witnesses....

:pop:

jrboomersooner
10/11/2008, 02:17 AM
People have been asking me if i want to go out to a bar or someplace to watch the game tomorrow. I cant explain why to them, but i say no.

Am I the only person that gets too intense to be in public for the OU Texas game?

I would love to go to a bar, but seeing how the game starts at six >AM< here, Ill be drinking bloody mary's at my place.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2008, 02:40 AM
My thoughts exactly....

As long as I keep posting here until game time...you all are my witnesses....

:pop:

$$$$

At this point in time I have not seen one called StoopTroup.

OUHOMER
10/11/2008, 06:18 AM

My FIL will lock himself in his den, he will preload it with what ever snacks he needs etc. He tells the wife not to come in there unless the house is on fire.
no phone calls, no visitors etc.

I am expecting him one day to have bucket in there to **** in so he never has to leave the room when a football or basket ball game is going on.

I do prefer to stay home or go to a friends house that are into the game. we can socialize before or after the game

Rogue
10/11/2008, 06:28 AM
Mrs. Rogue and I have a horn friend and his wife over this weekend.
Last year we had to go to a bar (thxABCdikholes).
It wasn't pretty. I'll do either today, but he and I won't be speaking for another year prolly.

I'm really not much fun to be around for this game.

The Maestro
10/11/2008, 06:32 AM
How some of you watch this game with horn fans is a mystery to me.

Coffee is brewing here in PHX...Bloody Mary's at 7ish...kickoff at 9.

All OU fans here and we ARE UP!!!

OUinFLA
10/11/2008, 07:57 AM
My FIL will lock himself in his den, he will preload it with what ever snacks he needs etc. He tells the wife not to come in there unless the house is on fire.
no phone calls, no visitors etc.

I am expecting him one day to have bucket in there to **** in so he never has to leave the room when a football or basket ball game is going on.

I do prefer to stay home or go to a friends house that are into the game. we can socialize before or after the game

ARE YOU MY SIL??? !!!
If you can verify the bucket full of nerf balls to throw at the tv, then you just might be. You know how your MIL feels about me having to buy a new tv every few years when ut wins a game.

fossil
10/11/2008, 08:11 AM

:P OK, so where's the problem. Sounds like a helluva opportunity to me.

TXBOOMER
10/11/2008, 08:21 AM
I have been to all the games in Norman this year and will more than likely be there for the rest of them. I cannot go to this game or be in a public place during the game. I am a freak on this day every year, I will be screaming and cussing and flipping out in front of the tv.

CK Sooner
10/11/2008, 08:24 AM

Coach Stoops: StoopTroup, can you do that for me every game?

StoopTroup: Coach, not only will I do it for you, I... I... I... yes, yes, I'll do it for you.

Brent V: You can do it. Cut his ****ing head off.

jrsooner
10/11/2008, 08:25 AM
Am I the only person that gets too intense to be in public for the OU Texas game?Heck no! I'm in the house with the phones off, and tv on. Our house is always open for people to come on over, but the usual convo for important games goes like this:

1. Friend: "Can we come over this weekend?"
2. Wife: "No problem, we're watching the OU game."
3. Friend: "Jack going to be there?"
4. Wife: "Yes"
5. Friend: "We'll see you on Sunday."

:)

FranklinTN_SoonerFan
10/11/2008, 08:42 AM
Yes...yes...you are correct...the only place other than the place to watch this is the living room...i'm feeling a little....well....out there...at the moment...best I not leave....:eek:

BigBoomerInBigD
10/11/2008, 08:56 AM
I can't watch in a bar. I pace back and forth a few inches from the TV screen. For some reason, other people find this irritating :D

nmsoonergirl
10/11/2008, 09:50 AM
Not only will I not watch the game in public, I actually make Mr. NMS leave the house for the game (he's a football hater) because I don't want to deal with him during it.

Sickness and health, richer and poorer...sure.
OU-TX: NO WAY.

SoonerLB
10/11/2008, 10:12 AM
Home for me, too much noise and too many distractions at the bar. And then there is the fact that I tend to get a little unruly when things are not going right.
By the way, I like that bucket full of nerf balls idea, that could have saved me a lot of money over the years, LOL!

soonersweetie
10/11/2008, 10:30 AM
For such a big game as this, I have to be home. While at home, I'm able to make sure I've followed through on all my superstitions and yell and scream and cuss like a madwoman. I have had people ask me if they can come over and watch a game and I say yes, however, I warn them that I'm not there to entertain them, it's not social hour, game is on and if you want food you have to help yourself! Usually they decline, lol.

Boomer Sooner!!!