PDA

View Full Version : What should I try first?

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2008, 01:03 AM
I am going down to the Tejas state fair (I can't afford tickets, but at least I'll be there.) and I was wondering, what fried delight should I try first?

Chicken Fried Bacon?
Texas Fried Jelly Belly Beans?
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls? (heh, balls)
Fried Pop Rocks Fundae Blast?

I know they have fried coke, but you think I could find a fried RC Cola to go with my fried moon pie?

Ardmore_Sooner
10/10/2008, 01:05 AM
I heard they are having a dinner roll, filled with cream cheese deep fried on a stick. That's the first thing after my corny dogs!

Sooner_Havok
10/10/2008, 01:07 AM
I heard they are having a dinner roll, filled with cream cheese deep fried on a stick. That's the first thing after my corny dogs!

IDK, that bacon option keeps looking better and better :pop:

Ardmore_Sooner
10/10/2008, 01:09 AM
From soonerdudes.com

----------

Deep Fried OU/Texas

Ladies and gentlemen, let the countdown begin.

As we sit two days out from the Sooner Dudes' arrival in Big D for the Red River Rivalry, I have begun to map out my plan of attack (using the bigtex.com food locator) for the food connoisseurs dream that is known simply as, "The State Fair of Texas."

I always took the advice of arriving as early as possible to the fair on gameday (take note gates open at 8AM this year), because 1.) if you can beat your hangover to the fair you have a pretty good chance of making it through the day, and 2.) we all know that grease, fried goodness, and $8 dollar fair beers cure whatever West End damage you inflicted on your body the night before.

We all know about the famous: Corny Dogs, Deep Fried Twinkies, Fried Ice Cream, Fried Coke, Fried Pies etc... but this year, the fair really up'd their game. So without further ado, I bring to you my plan of attack on this year's State Fair of Texas (get ready for a whole meal of food).

Breakfast (arrival):

Chicken Fried Bacon – Thick and peppery Farm Pac® bacon is seasoned, double-dipped in a special batter and breading and deep-fried. Served with a creamy side of ranch or honey mustard sauce. Served at N30 located on Nimitz at MLK. Winner of Best Taste in the Big Tex Choice Awards competition.

Fried Grilled Cheese Sandwich – An American classic with a State Fair twist. Two slices of white bread filled with a blend of American and cheddar cheeses, dipped in an egg and milk batter and lightly coated with panko bread crumbs for extra crispness. Served with a side of shoestring potato sticks, a pickle spear and tomato soup dipping sauce. The All American Meal! Served in the Dock Restaurant inside the Embarcadero Building. Finalist in the Big Tex Choice Awards competition.

Fire & Ice – A pineapple ring is battered and deep-fried, then topped with banana-flavored whipped cream that’s been frozen in liquid nitrogen. The smoking concoction is ladled with strawberries and syrup. Fire & Ice is served by Abel Gonzales at the family-run stand on Nimitz Drive. Finalist in the Big Tex Choice Awards competition.

Fried Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls – Plump fresh strawberries covered in a thick chocolate shell are dipped in a sweet, waffle batter and deep-fried. Dusted with powdered sugar and served on a stick. Served at the Belgian Waffle stand G39 located on the NE corner of the Esplanade. Finalist in the Big Tex Choice Awards competition.

Pre-game snack:

Texas Fried Jelly Belly Beans – Jelly Belly Beans are rolled in funnel cake batter and fried to a crunch. People can share the treat with friends and try to guess the flavors before biting down. Enjoy at the Granny’s Funnel Cake stand C6 at the south side of the Coliseum and at Rico's Burgers, stand C7, behind Gateway Pavilion. Finalist in the Big Tex Choice Awards competition.

Mini Chicken Fried Steak Slider - A miniature crispy chicken fried steak patty served on a mini bun with a side of cream gravy. A bite size version of "Big Texas Taste". Stand N-11 The Dock located inside the Embarcadero Building.

Fried Chick-a-Mole Bites – Guacamole mixed with a taco-flavor shredded chicken and cheddar/Monterey jack cheese, breaded in a zesty batter and deep fried. Served at Stand FW-46, Guacamole Paradise, located inside the Thrill Way Area.

Ignited Moon Pie - The Original Moon Pie, lightly battered and deep fried, then gently sprinkled with powdered sugar! Stand N-9 located near the Embarcardero Building entrance.

Dinner (post-game feast):

Fried Pop Rocks Fundae Blast - Ignite your senses with this explosion of Tastes. Fried Ice Cream covered in Hershey’s Syrup and Pop Rocks. Your fuse is a Twizzler rolled in Pop Rocks. While you disarm it, you’ll find an Atomic Fireball inside . . .“Fire in the Bowl”! Stand FW-22 located on Fun Way across from Lost Children Building.

Fried Dinner Roll – A savory dinner roll lusciously filled with cream cheese and covered with a sweet batter, placed on a stick and deep fried to perfection. Stand TB-14 located in the Tower Building.

“Jalapeno” Deep Fried Gorditas - Jalapeno flavored gordita cooked on the grill and then deep fried, stuffed with beef, chicken, or bean & cheese, and finally topped with lettuce, tomato, guacamole, and cheese. Festival Mexican Foods stand FW-25 located on Fun Way St.

Fried Banana Split – A mixture of banana and honey peanut butter is rolled in balls, battered and deep-fried and topped with assorted, delicious fixings, including powdered sugar, caramel and chocolate syrups, chopped peanuts, whipped cream and banana split flavored ice cream bites then fittingly crowned with the traditional cherry. Served at the Auto Grill inside the Automobile Building.

....enjoy!

tbl
10/10/2008, 08:03 AM
There is no way somebody could actually follow through with that gameplan. No way...

KC//CRIMSON
10/10/2008, 08:14 AM
There is no way somebody could actually follow through with that gameplan. No way...

Oh it's do-able, you'd just see the guy in the morgue a couple of hours later.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 08:27 AM

I bet this dude could ,
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/willi377/FatDude.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2008, 09:32 AM
That grilled chez sammich sounds good to me

sooner_born_1960
10/10/2008, 09:34 AM
If you've got money for all that crap, you could probably afford a ticket to the game instead.

KC//CRIMSON
10/10/2008, 09:46 AM
Deep fried Latte. Sounds so disgusting it has to be good.

SoonerInKCMO
10/10/2008, 02:32 PM
I bet Mangino wishes he was still on OU's staff.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/12/manginoorange.jpg