PDA

View Full Version : Well that didn't take long, Pac Man gets into a fight..with his bodyguard..

BudSooner
10/9/2008, 03:53 PM
Associated press-
DALLAS (AP)— Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was involved in a fight with one of his bodyguards, according to Dallas police, the night before attending a previously scheduled team meeting.
No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight late Tuesday night at The Joule, an upscale downtown hotel.
Jones missed all of last season for Tennessee while serving an NFL suspension for off-field incidents. Goodell fully reinstated the cornerback, acquired by Dallas in April, just before the season opener.
“Someone from the business called police,” Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. “Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left.”
The incident report lists no names, and Monreal said he did not know if Jones was involved in the fight, which was first reported by Dallas-Fort Worth TV station KTVT.
But the details of the incident and Jones’ involvement were confirmed to The Dallas Morning News by Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck, who is a commander of the central patrol division, which responded to the call. Golbeck was not in the police station Wednesday night, and a dispatcher at the central patrol division declined to comment.
Jones’ agent, Worrick Robinson, said he had spoken with Jones on Wednesday but declined to discuss the details of their conversation. He referred all questions to the Cowboys. Team spokesman Rich Dalrymple did not immediately respond to an e-mail and voicemail left by The Associated Press.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL had no comment.
Before meeting with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Goodell said to reporters in San Antonio: “Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively.
“I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well.”
Before the latest incident, Jones has been arrested six times and involved in a dozen incidents requiring police intervention since Tennessee drafted him in the first round in 2005. That includes his connection to a shooting at a (http://rajah.com/base/node/13783#)strip club.
Goodell suspended Jones in April 2007 after an accumulation of arrests and legal problems.
At the time of his reinstatement Aug. 28, Jones said: “I know my responsibilities to the NFL and I’m going to hold my own and do what I need to do to make sure I stay where I am right now, which is reinstated. I work hard every day to make sure I don’t make the same mistakes. Can I say I would never ever make the same mistakes? No, I can’t say that. I’ll make sure I put myself in way better situations than I have put myself in the past.”
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435024,00.html

GrapevineSooner
10/14/2008, 02:43 PM
And Thor Goodell drops thou hammer (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/101508dnspocowboyslede.111662645.html).

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Jones indefinitely without pay and will determine the length of suspension following the Nov. 16 game at Washington.

According to the league's release, "The decision on whether Jones can return to play will be based on Jones' strict compliance with his NFL and Dallas Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Commissioner Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL."

In a letter sent to Jones, Goodell called the incident last week in a Hotel Joule bathroom with a team-issued bodyguard an "alcohol-related physical altercation" and was "a disturbing pattern of behavior and clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

I have no problem with this suspension. Pacman should have known what he could and could not get away with and blew it.

bri
10/15/2008, 10:58 AM
Heh. (http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=10594#comments)

Give the guy a break, man. No one got shot. No strippers were punched. Pacman hasn’t had any fun for almost two years now — that’ll make any drunk guy mix it up with his own bodyguard. Let him sit four games and then bring him back. Between Tony Romo’s broken finger and the addition of Roy Williams to T.O.’s fragile ego, we deserve to have Pacman on this team. Behavioral science demands it. Someone in that Dallas locker room is gonna finish the season dead, or I want my money back.

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 11:11 AM
Give him a break?

The guy has a problem.

We wanted these Pro Teams cleaned up so OUr kids had decent role models / heroes.

I'm glad they suspended him.

One day the guy might have gone OJ and then they would have said...we should have done something.

He seems like an angry guy.

Jails and prisons are full of angry guys.

It's good he's getting an opportunity to decide what he wants to do with his life IMO.

I hope he makes it.

GrapevineSooner
10/15/2008, 11:53 AM
Uh, I think Bri's post was quoting something called 'parody'. ;)

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 12:12 PM
Uh, I think Bri's post was quoting something called 'parody'. ;)

Your right...but I also have already seen plenty of media guys asking if it's to harsh.

If you have to apologize to your teammates...it's not to harsh IMO.