PDA

View Full Version : "WE'RE GONNA KNOCK SAM AROUND PRETTY GOOD....

fossil
10/9/2008, 02:04 PM
on Saturday". Heard this on ESPN Radio down here in San Antone. Some guy named Rob Thompson was interviewing someone on his show, I think it was Wayne McGarrity who used to play for the Horns. McGarrity says, "Sam is so one demensional, we're gonna put pressure on him and knock him around quite a bit and get him rattled so he can't complete passes".

My money is on our 'bigguns' up front. I think the boys who man the O-line will be playing extra hard to keep Sam from getting too much dirt and grass stains on his jersey. Sam will find time to complete passes.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

boomrsoonr
10/9/2008, 02:05 PM
I think this guy must have been watching clips of Auburn, not the Sooners. If any QB gets taken out, his last name will be McCoy (the fake one).

TheHumanAlphabet
10/9/2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, in fact I am highly concerned for Colt's safety if he pulls a Vince and tries to run like him. Someone is gonna flatten Colt with a clean hit and COlt will be gone - looking goofy like he did his Freshman year when he got the concussion. Ole yeller teef is gonna hurt Colt bad...

SoonerInLubbock
10/9/2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, in fact I am highly concerned for Colt's safety if he pulls a Vince and tries to run like him. Someone is gonna flatten Colt with a clean hit and COlt will be gone - looking goofy like he did his Freshman year when he got the concussion. Ole yeller teef is gonna hurt Colt bad...

I'm with you on this one. I don't want to see Colt get seriously injured. But if he tries to scamper around the field he is likely to wind up seeing tweety bird. :D

Plus I don't want excuses from them whorns.

As much as I hate Texas I sure don't wish serious harm. Thats an aggie thing.

ousooners182
10/9/2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah but i wouldnt mind seeing mccoy doing the whole stinger grimace on the sideline from 2 years back

Soonermagik
10/9/2008, 03:09 PM
If McCoy tries to run he will get demolished by Reynolds. Hence, we don't run Sam around, so I don't see him going down too often.

Stoops is not dumb, if Sam's getting pressured he will go into a max protect formation and cram the ball down their throats.

Seriously, I don't think this game will even be close. I would be shocked if we don't win by 17+ points.

KRYPTON
10/9/2008, 03:17 PM
I have it on good authority that Sam is at least three-dimensional, four if you integrate his actions over time.

rondog79
10/9/2008, 03:32 PM
on Saturday". Heard this on ESPN Radio down here in San Antone. Some guy named Rob Thompson was interviewing someone on his show, I think it was Wayne McGarrity who used to play for the Horns. McGarrity says, "Sam is so one demensional, we're gonna put pressure on him and knock him around quite a bit and get him rattled so he can't complete passes".

My money is on our 'bigguns' up front. I think the boys who man the O-line will be playing extra hard to keep Sam from getting too much dirt and grass stains on his jersey. Sam will find time to complete passes.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

who ever knocks around sam im gonna kick thier a$$es lol

SoonerJack
10/9/2008, 03:34 PM
I'm with you on this one. I don't want to see Colt get seriously injured. But if he tries to scamper around the field he is likely to wind up seeing tweety bird. :D

Plus I don't want excuses from them whorns.

As much as I hate Texas I sure don't wish serious harm. Thats an aggie thing.

Scamper...lol

BudSooner
10/9/2008, 03:35 PM
Chuck Norris has Sam's back. ;)

dougsooner
10/9/2008, 03:36 PM
Didn't TCU say about the same thing? Yes they might get to him a few times, it happens but I'm less worried about them than I was TCU's defense.

OU86
10/9/2008, 03:39 PM
BTW it's "Wane", not "Wayne", McGarrity. "Wayne" wears steel-toed work boots, drives a Chevy 2500 HD and listens to Toby Keith. "Wane" is a little boy in a sailor suit with long curly hair and a lisp.

ATX Sooner
10/9/2008, 03:43 PM
Are you sure it isn't Whine McGarrity?

SoonerLB
10/9/2008, 03:43 PM
Sam will be alright, but on the other hand............................

Mr. McCoy, meet Mr. Reynolds...........................Mr. McCoy..??............Can you hear me Mr. McCoy? How many fingers am I holding up Mr. McCoy?

stoopified
10/9/2008, 03:49 PM
People who don't think Sam is mbile are just not paying attention.Sam is very good at rolling out and moving around in the pocket while being deadly accurate with his arm.The fact that Bradford doesn't run is not because he can't BUT because OU does not want their QBs to run. Even when ENA was at the helm for OU,we did not use QB run game because in OUr offense it is more important to pass well,make good decisions,and take care of the ball. Merv Johnson told me that is what OU looks for in a QB and that running ability is not a factor.Running signal-callers are just too good a target.

badger
10/9/2008, 03:51 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1009/ncf_i_mccoy_412.jpg
Texas: "If we just squish his jersey number together a little, we have QB No. 10 again!"

sooner518
10/9/2008, 03:58 PM
:texan: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are so one-dimensional! They suck! Kerry Collins is too one dimensional too! :texan:

cvsooner
10/9/2008, 04:15 PM
If McCoy tries to run he will get demolished by Reynolds. Hence, we don't run Sam around, so I don't see him going down too often.

Stoops is not dumb, if Sam's getting pressured he will go into a max protect formation and cram the ball down their throats.

Seriously, I don't think this game will even be close. I would be shocked if we didn't win by 17+ points.

Prepare to be shocked, then. I think we'll win, but it will be close. I see this as a defensive struggle. This game--and this is my 40th or so--is almost always a knockdown, struggle-to-the-end game. I'd like to see us win in a blowout, but I just don't see it happening. Line play and turnovers and special teams will be the keys: I figure we've got two of those three pretty well covered. But all bets are off if McCoy or Bradford get hurt. Then it could get ugly.

VA Sooner
10/9/2008, 04:20 PM
It will be closer than I feel comfortable with. I just finished watching last year's game... very satisfying, especially with the secondary. This year's will be just as good... although too close.

I agree... it really all depends on how much pressure the QBs feel although OU has far many more weapons. Thank god for the no-huddle.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2008, 04:27 PM
That dude was a WR...I m really nervous about what an former WR says about the OU quarterback

The Maestro
10/9/2008, 04:40 PM
Quarterbacks who run either A) aren't good enough at being passing quarterbacks and need an extra selling point to prove their worth or B) don't have a decent running game to rely on.

I guess by this jagoff's theory Joe Montana and Tom Brady are also one dimensional. Sorry they can't run like Vick...or should I say, don't need to!

Sam does what Sam is asked to do. Let his line block, his runners run and his receivers catch. He leads and any reasonable horn fan would KILL to trade QB's with us!

kevpks
10/9/2008, 10:21 PM

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Is calling Sam one dimensional another way of saying he is the only current starting QB in the Big XII with a snowball's chance in hell of having a meaningful NFL career?

LonghornSteve
10/9/2008, 11:35 PM
Colt's a big boy now, and can take more punishment than he could last year.

GottaHavePride
10/9/2008, 11:40 PM

Good thing - he's got less protection than last year and no running game to speak of to take the heat off him. He'll need it.

LonghornSteve
10/9/2008, 11:44 PM
If Fozzy Whitaker is healthy, we'll have a decent running game.

Soonerus
10/10/2008, 12:13 AM

"decent" is not that glowing...interpretation=crappy

sooner518
10/10/2008, 12:20 AM

as has been stated on this and the Horns board many times over the past week, he's not.

Okie35
10/10/2008, 02:22 AM

Seriously, I don't think this game will even be close. I would be shocked if we don't win by 17+ points.

i agree w/ you

Okie35
10/10/2008, 02:23 AM
Good thing - he's got less protection than last year and no running game to speak of to take the heat off him. He'll need it.

exactly the only thing remotely keeping texas in the game last year was finley and texas doesn't have a tight end much less a run game this year

Okie35
10/10/2008, 02:28 AM
People who don't think Sam is mbile are just not paying attention.Sam is very good at rolling out and moving around in the pocket while being deadly accurate with his arm.The fact that Bradford doesn't run is not because he can't BUT because OU does not want their QBs to run. Even when ENA was at the helm for OU,we did not use QB run game because in OUr offense it is more important to pass well,make good decisions,and take care of the ball. Merv Johnson told me that is what OU looks for in a QB and that running ability is not a factor.Running signal-callers are just too good a target.

yea sam is pretty mobile if anyone denies it they need to watch the big XII championship last year... he's more than capable of scrambling for 1st downs... and sam doesn't have to run for the most part because of a solid run game and o-linemen... whats the point? i find it sad when your qb is your number 1 rusher if you are used to running the ball w/ your backs ...

AlbqSooner
10/10/2008, 06:25 AM
How many fingers am I holding up Mr. McCoy?

Colt: "Saturday?":D

fossil
10/10/2008, 06:35 AM
BTW it's "Wane", not "Wayne", McGarrity. "Wayne" wears steel-toed work boots, drives a Chevy 2500 HD and listens to Toby Keith. "Wane" is a little boy in a sailor suit with long curly hair and a lisp.

:rolleyes: Thanks for clearing that up. I doubt I could have gotten to sleep tonight without that very, very important piece of information.

SoonerAtKU
10/10/2008, 07:12 AM

Yeah, I'd be really excited to hang my hopes on a player who has played 5 snaps of college ball against overmatched opponents before being injured for 4 weeks. Is there any way he could limp out of the tunnel Willis Reed style?

Are you serious?

Payton
10/10/2008, 09:23 AM
Prepare to be shocked, then. I think we'll win, but it will be close. I see this as a defensive struggle. This game--and this is my 40th or so--is almost always a knockdown, struggle-to-the-end game. I'd like to see us win in a blowout, but I just don't see it happening. Line play and turnovers and special teams will be the keys: I figure we've got two of those three pretty well covered. But all bets are off if McCoy or Bradford get hurt. Then it could get ugly.

You are an idiot. We will put up at least 40. They wont hit 20. You're lucky I don't have a shovel or I would hit you in the face with it.

OU86
10/10/2008, 09:41 AM
:rolleyes: Thanks for clearing that up. I doubt I could have gotten to sleep tonight without that very, very important piece of information.

My intent was to bag on W. McGarrity a bit, not you. A 1000 pardons if it didn't come across that way. :(

The Maestro
10/10/2008, 10:16 AM

You mean, UTEP, FAU and Rice weren't able to slow him down?

Your competition to this point does not equal your competition in 25 hours.

bosworthsteroidmafia
10/10/2008, 11:36 AM

In general, I agree with you about the context of the game - no matter how these teams are doing in rankings, etc., they always play each other hard.

While historically it is very close, only one time in the last 10 years has the game been decided by less than 10 points (last year).

And here's to hoping we continue that streak by throttling them again tomorrow!

BOOMER!

CK Sooner
10/10/2008, 11:48 AM

He won't be 100% if he plays, so I hope he does.

The Maestro
10/10/2008, 11:59 AM
What kind of name is Fozzy anyway? A muppet?