PDA

View Full Version : Best NFL Talent?

BermudaSooner
10/9/2008, 11:41 AM
Mel Kiper Jr. just said OU on ESPN.

Biggest concern - he said Bradford could come out and be a high pick, as well as Gresham. I never considered the fact that Sam could come out this year.

FlatheadSooner
10/9/2008, 11:48 AM
Mel Kiper Jr. just said OU on ESPN.

Biggest concern - he said Bradford could come out and be a high pick, as well as Gresham. I never considered the fact that Sam could come out this year.

I just can't see Bradford leaving next year. He seems like the kind of person that will want to finish school at normal pace (I'm assuming he has another year of school) and maximize his college experience, as well as shot at another NC and Heisman!

badger
10/9/2008, 12:14 PM
I just can't see Bradford leaving next year. He seems like the kind of person that will want to finish school at normal pace (I'm assuming he has another year of school) and maximize his college experience, as well as shot at another NC and Heisman!

Remember that this is actually his third year at college, so he should be on track to finish school next year, assuming no pursuit of a ballroom dancing class or something.

Widescreen
10/9/2008, 12:21 PM
I'd be surprised if Bradford left after this year. The only thing that might make him want to go is if he evaluates our OL for next year and is concerned he could take a physical beating which would hurt his chances the next year. Not that he would be afraid, but as a practical matter, a QB with an inexperienced line can get abused badly over a 12-14 game schedule.

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2008, 12:31 PM
If I'm Sam, and I'm not, but if I were, I wouldn't be typing right now, but anyway, if I were enjoying a warm fireplace on a windy Okie day in March with my Heisman and thinking about how good that MNC ring looks on my finger, I'd prolly go. 'Specially if I had a shot at being Hasselback's heir in WetTown.

Otherwise, back.

But that's me. And did I say I'm not him? Want to be clear on that...

Aries
10/9/2008, 12:35 PM
The NFL only requires that you be out of High School for three years, so as far as THEY are concerned he can declare for the 2009 NFL draft.

Hope he doesn't though.

SoonerTank
10/9/2008, 12:38 PM
If I'm Sam, and I'm not, but if I were, I wouldn't be typing right now, but anyway, if I were enjoying a warm fireplace on a windy Okie day in March with my Heisman and thinking about how good that MNC ring looks on my finger, I'd prolly go. 'Specially if I had a shot at being Hasselback's heir in WetTown.

Otherwise, back.

But that's me. And did I say I'm not him? Want to be clear on that...

Are you trying to say you're not Sam???:D

Boomer.....
10/9/2008, 01:18 PM
I would be very surprised to see Sam come out. Most players that come out early are from poor backgrounds and are looking for some quick cash.

adoniijahsooner
10/9/2008, 01:47 PM
I would be very surprised to see Sam come out. Most players that come out early are from poor backgrounds and are looking for some quick cash.

Brady Quinn, Peyton Manning, Leinart, and Jason White all stayed for they seniors seasons. Jamarcus Russell, Michael Vick, and Vince took the money because they needed it.

TXBOOMER
10/9/2008, 02:04 PM
I don't think he is gonna go this year, but losing the majority of that O-line might make him think about it.

mizzOUstu702
10/9/2008, 02:04 PM
Can you imagine Sam with the Vikes though? Man...

But I'd have to agree. I really don't see him coming out until after his senior season. He's just got his head on his shoulders and has the right foresight to know what's best for the team. I'm not saying that he shouldn't go (if any year, it would be after next year), but I just don't think he will.

tommieharris91
10/9/2008, 02:06 PM
Remember that this is actually his third year at college, so he should be on track to finish school next year, assuming no pursuit of a ballroom dancing class or something.

As far as I know, he's still a finance major. I'm pretty sure his parents are still in decent financial standing, too. I think he would be better off coming out next year.

StormySooner-IN
10/9/2008, 02:07 PM
Yea, he loved OU and always wanted to play QB for OU. I don't see him leaving early.

BTW...lets not just assume we just get the NC and Heisman this year... ;)

tommieharris91
10/9/2008, 02:09 PM
Can you imagine Sam with the Vikes though? Man...

But I'd have to agree. I really don't see him coming out until after his senior season. He's just got his head on his shoulders and has the right foresight to know what's best for the team. I'm not saying that he shouldn't go (if any year, it would be after next year), but I just don't think he will.

Last I checked, San Francisco and Houston were really bad teams. Most here wouldn't mind seeing Bradford go to Houston if he came out this year.

Big Red Ron
10/9/2008, 02:12 PM
Brady Quinn, Peyton Manning, Leinart, and Jason White all stayed for they seniors seasons. Jamarcus Russell, Michael Vick, and Vince took the money because they needed it.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/threadbombs/th_thatsracist.gif

:texan: