PDA

View Full Version : I would actually love to see this: Bush Resignation Speech

85Sooner
10/9/2008, 09:47 AM
BUSH RESIGNATION SPEECH

The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.

This is an excellent piece by a person who does not write for a living.

The speech George W.
Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.

If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.

I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit.
Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.

I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.

Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.

And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy.
Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel .
Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.

That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are..They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.
'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream of) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.

Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

IowaSooner26
10/9/2008, 10:03 AM
HAHAHAH sooooooo true.

Condescending Sooner
10/9/2008, 10:11 AM
Would love to see it.

SoonerProphet
10/9/2008, 10:19 AM
Heh, a mock up of Dubya criticizing people for not understanding the reality of the world and peoples intellectual abilities. That is pretty funny.

oumartin
10/9/2008, 10:22 AM
thats pretty good.

When the messiah gets into the white house this country is gonna see trouble that makes this current crises seem like Heaven.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 11:02 AM
Heh, a mock up of Dubya criticizing people for not understanding the reality of the world and peoples intellectual abilities. That is pretty funny.

You're way too smart to be in the "W is dumb" camp. At least I think you are.

Sooner in Tampa
10/9/2008, 11:15 AM
The messiah will make it all better dammit. He is going to CHANGE things!!!!!

IF he wins...we are all in for a GIGANTIC ****STORM!!!!

SoonerProphet
10/9/2008, 11:19 AM
You're way too smart to be in the "W is dumb" camp. At least I think you are.

Nobody said anything about "dumb", just mentioned W understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 11:26 AM
Nobody said anything about "dumb", just mentioned W understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity.

Do you really consider yourself qualified to even comment on his understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity? Do you speak to him personally or something or have some special insight nobody else does?

W looks/speaks dumb without a doubt. However, I do not believe he lives in Na Na land like so many of you leftistas try to claim.

King Crimson
10/9/2008, 11:33 AM
the desperation phase is showing to be painful for GOP wonks.

just accept it and get on with what you like best...the open wheelhouse of ripping Clinton/Obama. that's your good times, Newt and Limbaugh invented it for you. go for it.

sucks, you had to jump ship on Bush and throw him under the bus, and re-invent this Reagan nostalgia "real conservative" identity...which is your way of renouncing the Mission Accomplished/GWOT crap job you got sold in 02-04. that's your best key to the pomposity you like best.

to pretend otherwise now is pretty disingenuous.

SoonerProphet
10/9/2008, 11:40 AM
Do you really consider yourself qualified to even comment on his understanding of reality and his intellectual curiosity? Do you speak to him personally or something or have some special insight nobody else does?

W looks/speaks dumb without a doubt. However, I do not believe he lives in Na Na land like so many of you leftistas try to claim.

Look, it seems pretty clear that Dubya is not an "ideas" guy and has even expressed the fact that he doesn't do "nuance". To me this expresses in no uncertain terms that he is an intellectual lightwieght. He seems to have a worldview that is expressed in the most simplistic of terms. Instead of reading Niebuhr he reads Joel Osteen.

I would contend that Dubya's leftist policies are in fact right out of Na Na land.

OUthunder
10/9/2008, 11:57 AM

I voted for him twice and I think he's a moron. He sold Conservatives out a long time ago. If Obama wasn't such a weak *** candidate, I'd probably vote for him because McCain isn't much better than W.

Buying mortgages out? Pfft!

StoopTroup
10/9/2008, 11:58 AM
George...

You had me at "I Quit".

Take it a little easier....

pergdaddy
10/9/2008, 12:07 PM
Well, doesn't the door swing both ways?

If George does actually know what's going on, which he may, then why do so many believe that Obama doesn't or can't do well?

I still have no idea who I'm voting for, but George Bush may not in fact be dumb, which I don't think he is, but he is not a public speaker and I believe he doesn't give a rat's behind about any of us.

pergdaddy
10/9/2008, 12:10 PM
Good comments Thunder. Except I didn't vote for him either time and I think he's a moron. And no, McCain, at this point, is not much better. I think he's a crazy old man. Now maybe that's a good thing, I don't know but I do know that Obama isn't much better.

I normally know who I'm voting for by now, but I do not know in this election yet. I don't trust any of them and I know no matter who gets elected that they have a ton of stuff to clean up in 4 years or they will not get re-elected.

lexsooner
10/9/2008, 12:12 PM
BUSH RESIGNATION

The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.

This is an excellent piece by a person who does not write for a living.

The speech George W.
Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.

If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.

I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit.
Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.

I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.

Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.

And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy.
Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel .
Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.

That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are..They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.
'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream of) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.

Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

Yes, I would love to see a leader who is spiteful, bitter, angry, blames the masses for all the problems, and claims to be "misunderstood." These are all sure signs of strong leadership and a lasting legacy. ;)

Dio
10/9/2008, 01:00 PM
Yes, I would love to see a leader who is spiteful, bitter, angry, blames the masses for all the problems, and claims to be "misunderstood." These are all sure signs of strong leadership and a lasting legacy. ;)

Yeah, it's too bad Biden's only going to make VP, huh?

Dio
10/9/2008, 01:04 PM

just accept it and get on with what you like best...the open wheelhouse of ripping Clinton/Obama. that's your good times, Newt and Limbaugh invented it for you. go for it.

sucks, you had to jump ship on Bush and throw him under the bus, and re-invent this Reagan nostalgia "real conservative" identity...which is your way of renouncing the Mission Accomplished/GWOT crap job you got sold in 02-04. that's your best key to the pomposity you like best.

As opposed to the polite, respectful treatment of our current president at the hands of Olberman, Moveon.org, Dailykos, ...etc.?

SoonerStormchaser
10/9/2008, 01:30 PM
As opposed to the polite, respectful treatment of our current president at the hands of Olberman, Moveon.org, Dailykos, ...etc.?

I'm waiting til after the election to speak on this.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 01:39 PM
I voted for him twice and I think he's a moron. He sold Conservatives out a long time ago. If Obama wasn't such a weak *** candidate, I'd probably vote for him because McCain isn't much better than W.

Buying mortgages out? Pfft!

You can disagree with his tactics, but he hasn't done anything without the approval of the folks around him. Conservative sellout? Please. Republicans haven't been "conservative" in decades. At least not fiscally.

You are not smarter than Bush. So if he's a moron, what are you?

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 01:42 PM
Bush sucks my taint. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 01:45 PM

Ah, it's been a while since I could say "that Boulder lifestyle is really suiting you well."

I haven't thrown Bush under the bus. I'm not a hater. I don't think he's done a bad job at all considering the steaming plate of **** he's been served since day one. Plus, he's had to put up with all the horse**** the numbskulls on the TV dish out that you guys suck up like momma's gravy.

History will bear out that GWB is nowhere near the putz/worst president in the history of presidents like some of you goobers try to say he is. I'd have to say he's about the third best president in my lifetime (I was born during the Eisenhower administration) behind Reagan and Nixon.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 01:45 PM
Bush sucks my taint. :rolleyes:

So that's why he's always got that "something tastes sour" look on his face.

You could at least wash your nasty nether regions for him.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah...Bush is just "unlucky."

And the whole world is against him.

The media. Celebs. The press. Scientists. Pollsters. Europe. Asia. Ivy League elites. Pundits. Jews. Catholics. Blacks. Hurricanes. Senators. Representatives. Gays. Laws. Money. Latinos. Wimmins. Masons. Intellectuals. Artists. Rust Belt workers. The Constitution. Unions. People who can read. People who travel. People with money. People without money. People who used to have money but now don't. Chihuahuas. Nazi Pirate Hookers.

They're all conspiring to get him.

It's just not fair. He didn't have it easy like the other U.S. Presidents who were beloved by all, supported by both parties, loved by the masses, never attacked by the media and who never dealt with crisis.

Bush was dealt a raw hand. Poor, poor Bush.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 01:52 PM
So that's why he's always got that "something tastes sour" look on his face.

You could at least wash your nasty nether regions for him.I'll have you know that it is washed and perfumed and smells like a freshly groomed ferret. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/9/2008, 01:52 PM
A+ thread!

OUthunder
10/9/2008, 01:59 PM
A+ thread!

I was leaning toward a B+.

10/9/2008, 02:06 PM
You've got a clear explanation of how goofy too many Americans have become, and some beautiful knee-jerk vomit-jerky from our Left. What's not A+?

OUthunder
10/9/2008, 02:08 PM
You've got a clear explanation of how goofy too many Americans have become, and some beautiful knee-jerk vomit-jerky from our Left. What's not A+?

I saw some grammar issues.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/9/2008, 02:08 PM

The media. Celebs. The press. Scientists. Pollsters. Europe. Asia. Ivy League elites. Pundits. Jews. Catholics. Blacks. Hurricanes. Senators. Representatives. Gays. Laws. Money. Latinos. Wimmins. Masons. Intellectuals. Artists. Rust Belt workers. The Constitution. Unions. People who can read. People who travel. People with money. People without money. People who used to have money but now don't. Chihuahuas. Nazi Pirate Hookers.

It's just not fair. He didn't have it easy like the other U.S. Presidents who were beloved by all, supported by both parties, loved by the masses, never attacked by the media and who never dealt with crisis.

And to think his approval rating is higher than Congress ;)

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 02:33 PM

Oh, so other presidents have had terrorist **********s kill thousands with hijacked airplanes in their first year in office?

And other presidents have dealt with having everyone in Congress behind them when he called for war, and then having all the liberal pukes amongst them suddenly becoming Monday morning QBs going "I didn't really wanna go to war over there we shoulda...."

And other presidents have had gasoline prices go up 300+% during their watch.

And other presidents have been completely and totaly crucified - fair or unfair - non-stop - by the pathetic liberal press in print/TV/internet media.

And other presidents have had all the faggots you hang with out there proclaiming "if he gets voted in again I'm going to Bum****, Egypt and joining a nunnery."

Gee, I had no clue every president was dealt the same or worse hand than GWB has been dealt.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 02:39 PM
And you don't think he brought ANY of this on himself?

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 02:41 PM
Everywhere he's gone, everything he's touched throughout his life has turned into a MISERABLE FAILURE.

His Presidency was no different. Many, if not most, of his and our current woes are in some way related to either his actions, inactions or policies.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 02:56 PM
You really have drank the koolaid haven't you?

85Sooner
10/9/2008, 02:59 PM

BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!

85Sooner
10/9/2008, 03:00 PM
Oh, so other presidents have had terrorist **********s kill thousands with hijacked airplanes in their first year in office?

And other presidents have dealt with having everyone in Congress behind them when he called for war, and then having all the liberal pukes amongst them suddenly becoming Monday morning QBs going "I didn't really wanna go to war over there we shoulda...."

And other presidents have had gasoline prices go up 300+% during their watch.

And other presidents have been completely and totaly crucified - fair or unfair - non-stop - by the pathetic liberal press in print/TV/internet media.

And other presidents have had all the faggots you hang with out there proclaiming "if he gets voted in again I'm going to Bum****, Egypt and joining a nunnery."

Gee, I had no clue every president was dealt the same or worse hand than GWB has been dealt.

Or had a HOLLYWOOD that loved to make movies and such reveling in the assassination of same? Like I said before I'm just waiting for the big one!

Condescending Sooner
10/9/2008, 03:08 PM
Everywhere he's gone, everything he's touched throughout his life has turned into a MISERABLE FAILURE.

His Presidency was no different. Many, if not most, of his and our current woes are in some way related to either his actions, inactions or policies.

God, I would hate to see what you would say about him if you were a democrat.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2008, 03:17 PM
BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!

Accountability. It's whats for dinner.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 03:25 PM
Accountability. It's whats for dinner.

STFU and stick to your "I blow O'Bama" threads punkin. Brack, McCain, or your girl Palin ain't in this thread so you shouldn't be either.

soonerscuba
10/9/2008, 03:27 PM
BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!Shocking, you blame the Dems for Bush's god-awful mess of an administration. :rolleyes:

Reagan and Clinton couldn't follow Rule #1 and look how that turned out.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 03:30 PM
Shocking, you blame the Dems for Bush's god-awful mess of an administration. :rolleyes:

Do unto others...?

pergdaddy
10/9/2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, Clinton worked well with the GOP and were able to balance the budget. I think they both worked off of each other and managed to have us in a good place financially and economically.

Not sure about Reagan. I was a little young to understand those times. I only hear each side's view of him.

Not to say that the Democrats that are in there are helping matters. Because they clearly aren't, but I would say Washington as a whole right now is failing all of us, not just one party or another.

soonerscuba
10/9/2008, 03:57 PM
Not sure about Reagan. I was a little young to understand those times. I only hear each side's view of him.
Reagan had a Senate majority for a bit, and faced a House opposition for his entire time in office. He was able to use his personal popularity to court sympathetic Dems into voting for particular legislation. He was good at it, and didn't think of Dems as an enemy. Despite of what I might personally think of Reagan's policies or of the man, I can objectively see that he accomplished things by reaching across the aisle. Something Bush has almost no penchant whatsoever for doing.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:11 PM
You really have drank the koolaid haven't you?No.

And honestly, if you feel Bush was a good President, I think that you have.

I just hope McCain can pull this one out.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:14 PM
God, I would hate to see what you would say about him if you were a democrat.See, that's what you don't get. SOME people can be free thinkers and not let their party affiliation get in the way of their Patriotism, their intellectual honesty and their opinions.

If I was a Dem, which I'm not, my opinion of Bush would be the exact same.

BUSH problem was that he tried to work with Liberal Democrats ( the way he did in Texas) the Problem is the the Liberal democrats in Washington are two faced snakes who deserve more than I am willing to suggest here. RULE 1 NEVER EVER EVER EVER WORK WITH YOUR ENEMY!LORD. That's just IDIOTIC.

Yeah. Poor Bush. He "tried to work with the Liberal Democrats in Congress." He should have had them all lined up and shot for being un-American. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 04:17 PM
No.

And honestly, if you feel Bush was a good President, I think that you have.

I just hope McCain can pull this one out.

Oh I ain't calling him "good" necessarily, I'm just saying he's not anywhere near as "tragic" and "awful" and "taint sucking" as you lefties try to paint him. Listening to many of you guys kinda feels like everything - from 9/11 to Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran to gas prices to the bailout to global warming are all his fault. Alone. Individually. All by hisself he took this country and put it in the ****ter.

This is wrong on EVERY level, and completely unfair.

But it's hard to blame you guys cause it's all we hear when we turn on the tube or pick up a magazine or newspaper.

Scott D
10/9/2008, 04:18 PM

it's this type of nonsense that will have you bowing to your Imperial Chinese Overlords within 20 years.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:20 PM
Oh I ain't calling him "good" necessarily, I'm just saying he's not anywhere near as "tragic" and "awful" and "taint sucking" as you lefties try to paint him. Listening to many of you guys kinda feels like everything - from 9/11 to Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran to gas prices to the bailout to global warming are all his fault. Alone. Individually. All by hisself he took this country and put it in the ****ter.

This is wrong on EVERY level, and completely unfair.

But it's hard to blame you guys cause it's all we hear when we turn on the tube or pick up a magazine or newspaper.Probably because there's some truth to it.

And don't call me a "leftie" just because you're so terribly far out to the right. I'm a centrist. A moderate. Left of you? Yes. Lefty? Hardly.

swardboy
10/9/2008, 04:24 PM
A moderate's just a lefty who doesn't have the balls to say so.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:25 PM
A moderate's just a lefty who doesn't have the balls to say so.Uhm....no.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:28 PM
But that way of thinking is exactly one of the main reasons that the Republican Party brand is struggling so much right now.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2008, 04:30 PM
But that way of thinking is exactly one of the main reasons that the Republican Party brand is struggling so much right now.

Why do you hate Lee Atwater?

swardboy
10/9/2008, 04:37 PM
I buy 85sooner's disdain for Busy trying to pal around with Teddy right off the bat....and then getting bitten in the butt. It happened. There is no compromise with today's brand of Democrat. And McCain will lose for trying the same tact. Saying he's putting Demo's on his cabinet...there goes the base.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:40 PM
I buy 85sooner's disdain for Busy trying to pal around with Teddy right off the bat....and then getting bitten in the butt. It happened. There is no compromise with today's brand of Democrat. And McCain will lose for trying the same tact. Saying he's putting Demo's on his cabinet...there goes the base.The "Republican" base.

swardboy
10/9/2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry I"m so grouchy.....I'm dying here waiting until February and "Lost"!!!!!!

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry I"m so grouchy.....I'm dying here waiting until February and "Lost"!!!!!!LOL
Fair enough.

I'm kinda in the same boat. :)

KC//CRIMSON
10/9/2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry I"m so grouchy.....I'm dying here waiting until February and "Lost"!!!!!!

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/w/u/1/mccain_hat.jpg

If that doesn't cure the grouchies, I don't know what will.

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 04:50 PM
Probably because there's some truth to it. Bull****

And don't call me a "leftie" just because you're so terribly far out to the right. I'm a centrist. A moderate. Left of you? Yes. Lefty? Hardly.

No mon ami, I'm a centrist. You are a lefty. My only issues are abortion (it's wrong), guns (leave em' alone), welfare (it's supposed to be a hand up, not a hand out), free healthcare for worthless **********s (sell your bling and buy some insurance), and legalizing gay marriage (**** whoever you want whenever you want, just don't ask me to sanction it). I'm very, very far left from what is truly the far right - not the Hollywood version of the far right - who would be anyone who prays, has ever owned a Bible, believes in God, and doesn't practice feng shui.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 04:57 PM
.Yikes.

Keep tellin' yourself that, Grandpa.

You're WAAAY out to the right. And you know it. ;)

SoonerBorn68
10/9/2008, 05:01 PM
If that doesn't cure the grouchies, I don't know what will.

http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks2/kc.jpg

C&CDean
10/9/2008, 05:03 PM
Nope.

KC//CRIMSON
10/9/2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks2/kc.jpg

http://savetherobot.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/mccain_wow.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks2/kc.jpgDude. Please don't start actin' like a jackhole again and get this thread locked, too.

One meltdown per day should be your limit.

Please. Let us continue our discussion.

achiro
10/9/2008, 05:18 PM
xx
How in the heck are you not banned? Who do I have to suck up to to get away with the stuff you did in that other thread?:D

KC//CRIMSON
Dude. Please don't start actin' like a jackhole again and get this thread locked, too.

One meltdown per day should be your limit.

Please. Let us continue our discussion.

It's okay, he just so proud of his clipart.

Now, back to regular scheduled program.

LosAngelesSooner
Nope.Oh, come on.

Nobody here (with half a brain) thinks you're unintelligent. I recognize how smart you are. I don't confuse your deliberate button pushing with actual *********gery. And while I do think your crotchity old mannish behavior is based on truth, I think you exaggerate it for the sake of humor quite often.

You realize that you almost always side with the most extreme far right posters on this board. You also know that anyone who is even moderately left is considered a "lefty" to you, even if they are quite moderate in their beliefs (as I am.)

I could go into specifics just citing your espoused beliefs in your last post, but it's unnecessary. You know I speak the truth.

85Sooner
10/9/2008, 05:50 PM
Shocking, you blame the Dems for Bush's god-awful mess of an administration. :rolleyes:

Reagan was the master communicator and used the Bully Pulpit so the dems in congress really had no choice but to go along with him. Clinton had to deal with losing congress and basically still never worked with the republicans to achieve anything. although he did try to make a lot of their ideas look like they were his. he just didn't come up with them until he had lost congress.

Scott D
10/9/2008, 10:28 PM
Reagan was the master communicator and used the Bully Pulpit so the dems in congress really had no choice but to go along with him. Clinton had to deal with losing congress and basically still never worked with the republicans to achieve anything. although he did try to make a lot of their ideas look like they were his. he just didn't come up with them until he had lost congress.

I like revisionist history. Next will you teach us about the great divide, and why it's fantastic for this country?

Sooner Eclipse
10/9/2008, 11:44 PM
Oh, come on.

Nobody here (with half a brain) thinks you're unintelligent. I recognize how smart you are. I don't confuse your deliberate button pushing with actual *********gery. And while I do think your crotchity old mannish behavior is based on truth, I think you exaggerate it for the sake of humor quite often.

You realize that you almost always side with the most extreme far right posters on this board. You also know that anyone who is even moderately left is considered a "lefty" to you, even if they are quite moderate in their beliefs (as I am.)

I could go into specifics just citing your espoused beliefs in your last post, but it's unnecessary. You know I speak the truth.

See, nobody is buying the "I'm a moderate" bull. I used to think i was fairly hard right. Not so. Apparently I'm moderate according to most standards.

try this one (http://www.politicalcompass.org/)

You, my friend are the worlds first republican communist. You just don't believe you are. You're out there with all the cali whack jobs. You have no basis for comparision.

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 03:12 AM
See, nobody is buying the "I'm a moderate" bull. I used to think i was fairly hard right. Not so. Apparently I'm moderate according to most standards.

try this one (http://www.politicalcompass.org/)

You, my friend are the worlds first republican communist. You just don't believe you are. You're out there with all the cali whack jobs. You have no basis for comparision.Riiiiight. Except for my beliefs which fall completely in line with traditional Republican principles and the fact that I spend a ton of time traveling all over the country and, in fact, the world.

But don't let that get in the way of your preconceived and unfounded assertions. ;)

Blue
10/10/2008, 03:22 AM
Riiiiight. Except for my beliefs which fall completely in line with traditional Republican principles and the fact that I spend a ton of time traveling all over the country and, in fact, the world.

But don't let that get in the way of your preconceived and unfounded assertions. ;)

LAS is awesome. Will you marry me?

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 03:24 AM
Yes.

You may have my babies.

Blue
10/10/2008, 03:26 AM
You're not making me abort?! Sweet. Gubmnt check.

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 03:29 AM
Of course. I'm the world's first Republican Communist!

I want you to have my babies so they can suck off the teet of gubmint!

Blue
10/10/2008, 03:31 AM
well thats a given...

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 03:52 AM
try this one (http://www.politicalcompass.org/)By the way...

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-1.25&soc=-2.41
As I said...I'm very centrist in my beliefs. Socially a tad liberal and Fiscally a tad conservative. Right down the middle. Even using the little test you gave me. ;)

soonerhubs
10/10/2008, 04:21 AM
To put all the blame on Bush for this past 8 years of failed economic policy is just as asinine as giving Clinton all the credit for those 8 years of economic "success" in the 90s.

Just sayin...

jkjsooner
10/10/2008, 09:43 AM
To put all the blame on Bush for this past 8 years of failed economic policy is just as asinine as giving Clinton all the credit for those 8 years of economic "success" in the 90s.

Just sayin...

They're all to blame. Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd and all those congressmen who were taking money from the financial sector in exchange for their total lack of regulatory control. Bush for his idealogy that any regulation is equivalent to communism and that uncontrolled markets always lead to prosperity and never result in widespread corruption. Politicians everywhere who got drunk off of the wealth-effect, increased home ownership rates, and increased tax revenue from the housing bubble and willingly and shamefully ignored the storm that had been gathering offshore for years and years.

I believe in sensibly regulated markets and I don't think that makes me a communist.

10/10/2008, 11:22 AM
T. Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd and all those DEMOCRAT congressmen who were taking money from the financial sector in exchange for their total LACK OF REGULATORY CONTROL.

I think you sorta have it BACKWARDS. What those Democrats did is kill 2 birds with one move. They IMPOSED A FOOLISH REGULATION, in effect, when they forced the lending institutions to make housing loans to totally unqualified buyers, 1) in order to buy more votes, and 2)REPARATIONS, BABY!!!

Sooner in Tampa
7/22/2014, 02:07 PM
WOW...the good ole days when LAS was still here...far better than the King *********gery, 8th!!!

SoonerStormchaser
8/6/2014, 12:41 AM
So why exactly did we just resurrect a 6-year old thread?

yermom
8/6/2014, 07:34 AM
You neocons are so sensitive

8th seems like LAS at about 7 to me...

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 07:37 AM
I'm saying 8th is KC in his troll guise.

...and when it comes to sensitive can't nobody touch the hand-wringing progressives.

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 07:51 AM
So why exactly did we just resurrect a 6-year old thread?

Boredom would be My guess

85Sooner
8/15/2014, 02:28 PM
BECAUSE AS OF AUGUST 2014............ I AM BACK....... IN OKLAHOMA after a 20 year stint in AUSTIN Texas...........................I didn't bump.....but since someone did................. BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!