PDA

View Full Version : Dual Fanship...should it be allowed?

misplaced_sooner
10/9/2008, 07:31 AM
I was discussing THE game this weekend with some people I know from my 2nd job. We get together occasionally to watch football. They are USuCk fans, which I can tolerate most of the time.

However, the wife is a Tex-azz fan as well... I told her, "you can't do that, you must pick one". I said being the fan of two different D1 teams is the highest from of *********gery....:rolleyes:

Should this be allowed?

sooner_born_1960
10/9/2008, 07:47 AM
Not allowed, but I think if a person suffers from schizophrenia, it's possible.

XFollower
10/9/2008, 07:50 AM
Yea, I feel like vomitting every time I see one of those "house divided" OU/pokey state tags on a car. To me it's like saying you can worship Jesus and the devil too. It just isn't right.

Hot Rod
10/9/2008, 08:13 AM
Some friends of mine were and still are huge OSU fans that were from Texas. As soon as Texas won the BCS Championship, out came all the longhorn decals for the truck. I was like "name two players from that team" and all I got was "Vince Young and uh.....". That shut 'em up.

jage
10/9/2008, 08:15 AM
I think it can be allowed ONLY if that person got multiple degrees. Like a Bachelors from USuc and a Masters from Tejas...but even then, I would think the first school would be more closer to the person's heart.

USCMichigander
10/9/2008, 11:01 AM
I was discussing THE game this weekend with some people I know from my 2nd job. We get together occasionally to watch football. They are USuCk fans, which I can tolerate most of the time.

However, the wife is a Tex-azz fan as well... I told her, "you can't do that, you must pick one". I said being the fan of two different D1 teams is the highest from of *********gery....:rolleyes:

Should this be allowed?

Not allowed, unless a graduate of the two schools that one cheers for. However, if one has multiple personality disorder and not a graduate of the two schools, one may cheer for two teams. If one is a graduate of the two teams with multiple personality disorder, the possibilities are endless. If one has Borderline Personality Disorder, cheering for both USC and UCLA/OU and Texas/North Carolina and Duke are allowed.

Those are the rules, live with 'em and love 'em!

bri
10/9/2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I'm 50/50 an OU and TU fan. And since none of you randos are the boss of me, it's allowed.

King Crimson
10/9/2008, 11:09 AM
i have a couple cousins-in-law who went to OSU and having married into an OU family like ours...often show up in OU hats and such at holidays. they seem sincere (pathetic) or have their secret aggie enclaves when the virtuous OU types aren't around. hard to know.

they are good guys, though.

BudSooner
10/9/2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I'm 50/50 an OU and TU fan. And since none of you randos are the boss of me, it's allowed.

AMEN! Preach it brother!