PDA

View Full Version : Texas or Mizzou? Who's the real contender?

8timechamps
10/8/2008, 09:29 PM
I've watched both teams play this year, and without a doubt think Mizzou is the real deal, and texas comes into Dallas Saturday undefeated simply because they haven't played anyone close to being good.

Not to say we have had a tough road, but I think we can at least say Cincy and TCU gave us some kind of gauge to see where we are.

Mizzou, on the other hand, played a decent Illini team, and went into Lincoln at night and destroyed the huskers. Nothing to sneeze at.

I really don't think we'll get much of a challenge until the Big XII CCG.

HOWEVER, there will be one game along the way, that we don't click...and it's closer that we expect. I just don't see it being this weekend.

Either we run for close to 200 yards or Sam goes off. They're gonna die one way or another.

CatfishSooner
10/8/2008, 09:31 PM
both....

CK Sooner
10/8/2008, 09:36 PM
I think Texas will put up more of a fight than Mizzou.

Dan Thompson
10/8/2008, 09:49 PM
I think Texas and Missouri go at it on the Nov 18th

sooner518
10/8/2008, 09:53 PM
watching Mizzou's D against Nebbish, I think Mizzou is not for real

soonerboy_odanorth
10/8/2008, 10:00 PM
Ummm.... whichever team we face first maybe we should consider to be a real contender?

Seriously... Texas has better athletes top to bottom when you consider both offense, defense, and overall team depth. Probably better coaching, too.

8timechamps
10/8/2008, 10:01 PM
Ummm.... whichever team we face first maybe we should consider to be a real contender?

Seriously... Texas has better athletes top to bottom when you consider both offense, defense, and overall team depth. Probably better coaching, too.

Possibly.

They both have suspect defenses this season. However, I do think Daniel is a much more dangerous qb than McCoy.

Cam
10/8/2008, 10:03 PM
Possibly.

They both have suspect defenses this season. However, I do think Daniel is a much more dangerous qb than McCoy.

Maybe, but I'd take McCoy over Daniel any day of the week in a pressure situation and as a leader. At least this far into their careers. Maybe some day Daniel will have some sense knocked into him, but I doubt it.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/8/2008, 10:04 PM
It's never accurate to compare year to year because teams have different leaders, chemistry, blah blah blah.....

But.

In our victories over Texas and Mizzou x 2 what were the point differentials?

Dizzactly.

Soonerus
10/8/2008, 10:04 PM
Mizzou will pull a Mizzou choke...

GottaHavePride
10/8/2008, 10:19 PM
04 coulda been a contender.

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2008, 10:39 PM
Besides the OU/Tex game this weekend, it will be interesting to see how the Missouri defense handles the Aggy offense.

Soonerus
10/8/2008, 10:40 PM
Besides the OU/Tex game this weekend, it will be interesting to see how the Missouri defense handles the Aggy offense.

zzzzzzzzz, the obvious...

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2008, 10:43 PM
zzzzzzzzz, the obvious...

what? that you were dropped on your head at birth?

Soonerus
10/8/2008, 10:44 PM
what? that you were dropped on your head at birth?

poor effort, my man...

cheezyq
10/8/2008, 10:47 PM
Considering that Mizzery hasn't accomplished anything significant....I'd give the edge to Tecksass. At least Tecksass has a few players on staff that remember what it's like to defeat OU.

utex74
10/8/2008, 11:03 PM
I guess we'll have the best look since we see you both in back to back weeks. Both you and we are much improved but my gut tells me you may be more improved. That doesn't mean you can't make a few crucial mistakes, or we can't for that matter. This game could be really close or a blow out depending on how the breaks fall. As far as this week, I got tickets for the same reason I got a ticket for the USC game. I thought we had a long shot but knew I couldn't live with NOT being there if we did win. Best decision I ever made. My opinion is you should be favored but we can still win and I like our odds. But if I couldn't see us winning how could I call my self a Longhorn for these past 40 years? See ya in Dallas.

Soonerus
10/8/2008, 11:09 PM
I guess we'll have the best look since we see you both in back to back weeks. Both you and we are much improved but my gut tells me you may be more improved. That doesn't mean you can't make a few crucial mistakes, or we can't for that matter. This game could be really close or a blow out depending on how the breaks fall. As far as this week, I got tickets for the same reason I got a ticket for the USC game. I thought we had a long shot but knew I couldn't live with NOT being there if we did win. Best decision I ever made. My opinion is you should be favored but we can still win and I like our odds. But if I couldn't see us winning how could I call my self a Longhorn for these past 40 years? See ya in Dallas.

Nice move, welcome to a bad time for UT fans....bawhahahahahaha...

KingDavid
10/9/2008, 12:22 AM
I'm not sure that Mizzou even wins the North. I think they'll take a couple losses from the south and one from the North. They'll end up mediocre and with a high-teens ranking. Mark it down.

The reason: Chase Daniel is a little boy.

tommieharris91
10/9/2008, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure that Mizzou even wins the North. I think they'll take a couple losses from the south and one from the North. They'll end up mediocre and with a high-teens ranking. Mark it down.

Who from the North beats em? Kansas?

tooslow
10/9/2008, 02:05 AM
I'd have to go with Mizzery. Their competition has been about the same. Did anyone know that Mizzery has not had one 3 and out this season? They are also scoring one point every 28 seconds of possesion. We'll find out in a few weeks who's better.

bosworthsteroidmafia
10/10/2008, 11:20 AM
watching Mizzou's D against Nebbish, I think Mizzou is not for real

I think they are definitely susceptible because of the question marks on D.

I think the hungry pokes are going to give them real problems tomorrow. Mizzou is 21-1 in their last 22 home games (loss was to #19 OU 26-10 on Oct. 28, 2006), but they've only played 4 ranked teams, and 3 of those weren't even in the top 20.

birddog
10/10/2008, 11:22 AM
I think they are definitely susceptible because of the question marks on D.

I think the hungry pokes are going to give them real problems tomorrow. Mizzou is 21-1 in their last 22 home games (loss was to #19 OU 26-10 on Oct. 28, 2006), but they've only played 4 ranked teams, and 3 of those weren't even in the top 20.

maybe, but the pokes don't exactly have a stellar resume against top 20 teams either.

birddog
10/10/2008, 11:25 AM
night game, on the road, against an explosive team. they will have no answer for mizzou's offense.

and let's not forget that the pokes haven't played anybody yet, and we don't know how they will react if they get down 14-17 points in the first half.

will they have that "resolve" that skipped town when miles left?

PDXsooner
10/10/2008, 11:28 AM
both teams are good, but texas is almost sure to lose one of their next four games. if texas wins their next four, they deserve to be #1.

hell, it'll all shake out next saturday after texas and mizzou play.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/10/2008, 11:34 AM
It's tough to tell. Mizz has a younger O line and texas has a very good O line. i am a little surprised that their running game hasn't been better.

Texas is a damned good team and McCoy looked great against colorado. If I HAD to pick a winner out of the two, I'd take texas.

bosworthsteroidmafia
10/10/2008, 11:42 AM
maybe, but the pokes don't exactly have a stellar resume against top 20 teams either.

I agree, the pokes have everything to prove... and they're not going to get a bigger spotlight than tomorrow night.

CK Sooner
10/10/2008, 11:48 AM
Texas, they have better athletes and it will show.

Blitzkrieg
10/10/2008, 02:58 PM
Texas may have athletes, MU has a much better team. Better coaching, discipline, execution. I'd take MUs O-line over UTs in a heartbeat. MU running game is superior, and WR corp is better.

Both have question marks on defense. I'm real curious what the line will be next week, and it has everything to do with the scores this weekend.

Daniel is going to go off on texas for passing him over. He might get too hyped up, I'll bet he has an insane game on their arse.

Scott D
10/10/2008, 03:01 PM
I'm voting for Baylor.

boomrsoonr
10/10/2008, 03:25 PM
I don't see anyone in the North beating Mizzou. Oklahoma A&M might beat them. Just depends on who has the ball last in a freeforall scoring show. Neither has a defense.

I think we will play, correction, destroy them in the Big 12 CCG.

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2008, 03:28 PM

I see it the opposite - I figure MU is a lock to win the north even if they lose to UT and maybe even OSU. The north seems to have regressed since last year and MU looks better. I say MU runs the north which gives them a 2 game lead over all the others. Remember, KU plays OU and UT this year and they don't look as good as last year. I thought CU would be better, but so far, they look about the same.

KC//CRIMSON
10/10/2008, 03:31 PM
I see it the opposite - I figure MU is a lock to win the north even if they lose to UT and maybe even OSU. The north seems to have regressed since last year and MU looks better. I say MU runs the north which gives them a 2 game lead over all the others. Remember, KU plays OU and UT this year and they don't look as good as last year. I thought CU would be better, but so far, they look about the same.

Exactly.

Missouri and OU will be in the CCG at Arrowhead. Might be a tougher game to win compared to the last meeting.

LonghornSteve
10/10/2008, 04:42 PM
If UT loses to OU, they'll beat Missouri. If UT beats OU, they may have a letdown against a dangerous Chase Daniels-led offense. Will be very tough to win both games.