PDA

View Full Version : SO, IS THE NEW CASA BONITA

swardboy
10/8/2008, 05:41 PM
as bad as the old Casa Bonita. I heard for really real the original owner has resurrected it yet again. Help spare me a visit hoping it's returned to its greatness of the early 70's.

SoonerStormchaser
10/8/2008, 06:45 PM
http://jaredryanlee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/casa1.jpg

swardboy
10/8/2008, 09:10 PM
Where's that flag?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Crimson
10/8/2008, 09:40 PM
http://jaredryanlee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/casa1.jpg

that's the one in Denver, though.

8timechamps
10/8/2008, 09:43 PM
that's the one in Denver, though.

Which, I'm sure you'll agree, is every bit as bad as the one in Tulsa.

King Crimson
10/8/2008, 09:58 PM
Which, I'm sure you'll agree, is every bit as bad as the one in Tulsa.

i haven't been to the one in Tulsa, but the one in Denver makes Pancho's in OKC look like catching your own fish tacos in San Felipe.

as a restaurant vet, i shudder to think what happens in those places....logs of velveeta and 20 gallon buckets of "echilada sauce".

you ever go to Carbone's? you should.

8timechamps
10/8/2008, 10:00 PM
i haven't been to the one in Tulsa, but the one in Denver makes Pancho's in OKC look like catching your own fish tacos in San Felipe.

as a restaurant vet, i shudder to think what happens in those places....logs of velveeta and 20 gallon buckets of "echilada sauce".

you ever go to Carbone's? you should.

Velvetta would be a step up. Think cheap, frozen mexican dinner. For some reason, the kids love it. I know it's got nothing to do with the food.

I've not been to Carbone's yet. I will though, and give you my full report.

bri
10/8/2008, 10:02 PM
I haven't been able to bring myself to go yet. I've been really busy with big projects at work, and I don't really have that window of spare time to spend six hours sh*tting...

SoonerJack
10/8/2008, 10:03 PM
Casa Bonita, oh yeahhhhh. It must be 1977 and my youth group is going skating at the Ice Chalet and to Casa Bonita for some tacos.

Vaevictis
10/8/2008, 10:07 PM
Velvetta would be a step up. Think cheap, frozen mexican dinner. For some reason, the kids love it. I know it's got nothing to do with the food.

Don't be so sure. I used to love Spaghettio's a kid. I tried them recently. Horrifying. Same with plenty of other kids food I used to love.

King Crimson
10/8/2008, 10:17 PM
I've not been to Carbone's yet. I will though, and give you my full report.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/carbones-italian-sausage-market-and-deli-denver

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 10:25 PM
I haven't been able to bring myself to go yet. I've been really busy with big projects at work, and I don't really have that window of spare time to spend six hours sh*tting...

Get some Depends and meet me over there.

bri
10/8/2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like we just came up with the idea for the next great Tulsa-Area Soonerfans.com Lunch That No One Will Follow Up On Or Plan.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

bri
10/8/2008, 10:34 PM
Oh, speaking of Depends, it turns out that my friend Randall lives next door to everyone's favorite drunken pants-sh*tter Jerry Giordano. I hope he shows up at one of Randall's epic parties sometime. Every really good party needs that Bill Brasky-level rock star.