PDA

View Full Version : Killing time for the next 3 days

The Maestro
10/8/2008, 12:42 PM
As Tom Petty sings, "Waiting is the hardest part..."

Each day I jump on soonerfans, read updates on newsok.com and statesman.com, I check out espn.com, collegefootballnews.com, cnnsi.com and back to soonerfans.com.

Not much is being said I don't already know. I try to work, but that ain't working, either.

I wake up early thinking about the game.

I watch the pundits on ESPN tell me basic info that most of America might not know, but a diehard Sooner fan already does.

I have read predictions...I have read all the previews.

Now I just have to wait and repeat the daily activities.

Each day gets longer and harder to kill time. At least I have some golf to look forward to Friday and maybe some bevo steaks Friday night.

I am sure I will wake up at 4 a.m. Saturday ready to go for the 9 a.m. kickoff, my time.

Any advice on other things to do to kill time waiting for the game? Miserable!

BoonesFarmSooner
10/8/2008, 12:46 PM
There's that treadmill you got in your house...

The Maestro
10/8/2008, 12:49 PM
There's that treadmill you got in your house...

Trust me...I'm on it. 734 miles so far this year. 266 to go.

Too bad you can't tell thanks to this thing called alcohol and late night munchies. Oh, well...

sooner518
10/8/2008, 12:56 PM
i aint gettin much done either. this week is a waste

BoonesFarmSooner
10/8/2008, 12:56 PM
Forest Gump it down to Bandera for the October 24th weekend with Charlie!

The Maestro
10/8/2008, 12:59 PM
How does that help me for the next 3 days???

It looks like me and Mack might be returning to the scene of the crime...Pointe Lookout Mountain. I figured since he is 2-0 against me there and 0-everywhere else it was time for an OU-texas weekend grudge match.

I'll see if that still have that sweet driver there...you know, the one you ordered and have never taken out of the box!!!

Enjoy doughnuts!

kbsooner21
10/8/2008, 02:41 PM
Just drink more beer :D

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2008, 03:19 PM
I've been killing time by watching my 401k balance dwindle away. But now that it's down to "you'll be retired when you're dead", I'm looking for another activity to kill time. I tried watching the political debates, but that just resulted in holes in my eyeballs and ear drums from me gouging them with an ice pick. I need some new ideas..

TheUnnamedSooner
10/8/2008, 03:30 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0800187326.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056491201_.gif

Flagstaffsooner
10/8/2008, 03:32 PM
Having the same problem, I went up on the Mountain yesterday. Nice.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/8/2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I'm about to do my picks this week for our office pick-'em, knowing that my favorite co-worker is going to go with The Evil Empire because, in his words, "Mack Brown's a great guy, hoss." Sorry to disappoint you there, hoss; can't wait to call you at around 3 on Saturday and remind you, once again, Mack may be a great guy but he still has no answer for Big Game Bob.

The Maestro
10/8/2008, 04:00 PM
Anybody know where I can watch some old OU-Texas highlights? I mean, even dating back to the 70's. I wanna see Tinker Owens highlights, Marcus Dupree and the 80's domination!