PDA

View Full Version : Texas praise for Sooner's no-huddle offense

A Sooner in Texas
10/8/2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/6045873.html

Good story in the Houston Chron today about our no-huddle.

BOOMER SOONER!

BornandBred
10/8/2008, 12:00 PM
I might need a diagram to understand this one:

Oklahoma’s full-throated embrace...

sooner518
10/8/2008, 12:16 PM
I hope the Horn's win....(actually pray the Horns win)...ZERO-U is really good on both sides of the ball....it's just too bad they use Texas home grown kids to do this. Doesn't Oklahoma have any good High School football player's they can recuit?

Like our Heisman candidate quarterback? Or stud TE? Or maybe our freshman playmaking WR? Perhaps our best DT? As for any Texans left on our team, and there are plenty, it's not our fault they liked us better than UT.

“You have to understand how not to waste time,” he said. “There are certain mannerisms that waste energy and time, like playing to the crowd. You don’t have time for that. You have to get lined up. You can celebrate with your teammates after you score.

“Another thing is handing the ball to the referee. Sometimes we’ve left the ball on the ground (after a play). We want to give it to the referee. The faster you give the ball to the referee, the faster he puts it in play.”

I LOVE this part of the article. Stop showboating, get the ball to the ref and get lined up. You can celebrate when you've scored.

toast
10/8/2008, 12:33 PM
ahhhhh, the old they only use texas players response - still good to see it's in use by the horn faithful.

Erin69 wrote:
I hope the Horn's win....(actually pray the Horns win)...ZERO-U is really good on both sides of the ball....it's just too bad they use Texas home grown kids to do this. Doesn't Oklahoma have any good High School football player's they can recuit?

rainiersooner
10/8/2008, 12:49 PM
I might need a diagram to understand this one:

Full throated embrace

Yeah, glad to see its not only the Daily Oklahoman that struggles with the English language.

Boomer Mooner
10/8/2008, 01:14 PM
Texas population is 24 million and Oklahoma is 4 million. Gee, I wonder why Texas has more players than Oklahoma.

CK Sooner
10/8/2008, 01:15 PM
Texas population is 24 million and Oklahoma is 4 million. Gee, I wonder why Texas has more players than Oklahoma.

:D

HateTheWhorns
10/8/2008, 04:31 PM
Like our Heisman candidate quarterback? Or stud TE? Or maybe our freshman playmaking WR? Perhaps our best DT? As for any Texans left on our team, and there are plenty, it's not our fault they liked us better than UT.

I LOVE this part of the article. Stop showboating, get the ball to the ref and get lined up. You can celebrate when you've scored.

Between offense, defense, and the kicking game, there are 30 players that start in various situations. 30% OK, 30% TX, and 40% other.

TX - 9 (JB, AE, AT, TL, KC, LH, TW, JI, MJ)
OK - 9 (SB, RB, JG, GM, BJ, DF, JS, JW, MM)
CO - 2 (PL, JC)
AZ - 2 (MC, MK)
NV - 2 (DM, RR)
LA - 2 (CB, NH)
KS - 1 (BE)
OH - 1 (BB)
MI - 1 (BW)
GA - 1 (DR)

Whatever :confused:

OU86
10/8/2008, 06:25 PM
ZERO U

Now that's comedy. Almost as funny as "gooners." Original too.

MichiganSooner
10/8/2008, 09:08 PM
I was telling my brother in Michigan at how fast we run the offense. Most teams are standing around waiting for the next call to come in from their bench but our guys are already "picking up the ball and handing it to the referee."

Is our game being broadcast in Michigan? Does anybody know?

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2008, 09:35 PM

Don't confuse the situation with facts:D

Whet
10/8/2008, 10:17 PM
I was telling my brother in Michigan at how fast we run the offense. Most teams are standing around waiting for the next call to come in from their bench but our guys are already "picking up the ball and handing it to the referee."

Is our game being broadcast in Michigan? Does anybody know?

I'm not sure if Michigan has network broadcasts. Do you know if the area of Michigan, where your brother lives, has ABC network broadcasts?

GottaHavePride
10/8/2008, 10:40 PM
Heh.

I saw another article talking about how fast Texas and we score in the first quarter (our first-quarter margin is roughly twice Texas', btw). Mack Brown's comment was "I'd think our quick-start offense was pretty good if I hadn't seen theirs."

Heh.